Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Aug 2014 (Sunday) 01:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Uncle Bob wandered back in.....

BobsYourUncle
Goldmember
1,529 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 03, 2014 01:21 |  #1

Hi everyone who knows me here. Or maybe used to.....

I haven't been around here much since late last fall.
I won't go into details but I have moved from my home at the coast of BC to living alone in an RV in Calgary Alberta.

I haven't had the time or inclination to post here but thought I would post a note telling you guys who know me where I got to.

I'll need to figure a way to post my pics again here. My website is down, most likely permanently. I am tethering my cell phone to my laptop for internet and I go way over on my data every month. Getting killed in the wallet with my data overages, which would be a lot more if I browsed the forum and looked at all the pics.

So anyhow, still loving my G1X and my G11, which I use all the time. And I am out of touch with all the current things about the cameras we enjoy so much.

And on another note, I dropped $1800. 2 nights ago and bought a 70D and some glass for it. (18-135 and a 55-250) Grinning pretty big right now, but I have no intention of giving up my G cameras. A 70D doesn't exactly fit in my pocket - LOL! I carry one of my G's with me everywhere I go.

When I get myself reestablished and have a proper internet connection, I will be back in the running with the photo challenges again.
Until then, I'll try to get in here more often. If I could get some free wifi so I don't have to tether to be here, I will show up sooner.

Have a great day everyone.

Uncle Bob:confused::confused:

Set Goals!! If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!
EOS 70D
G1X .... and this other stuff
G11 and
380EX & 430EX
G9 - DEAD (self destructed) I'll fix it one day!

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,254 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 03, 2014 01:23 |  #2

Glad to hear from you, Bob. Hope to see you back in The G series challenge soon.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 03, 2014 01:40 |  #3

:) Good to know you are planning to post here again!
I have checked your 'last visit' log from time to time to no bother you with messages...
Congratulations for the new camera and lens!
Looking forward for new posts from you.
Good luck in your new location

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,386 views & 0 likes for this thread
Uncle Bob wandered back in.....
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.