Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 02 Aug 2014 (Saturday) 12:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Minimalist wrist strap

bubbygator
I can't tell the difference
1,477 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2011
Location: Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

Aug 05, 2014 09:54 |  #16

+1 on the OpTech wrist strap. I've been using it since I bought my camera. It's safe, and the foam rubber cuff is comfortable (and cheap).

Gear List
The avatar is my middle grandson. (the TF can't tell the difference, but the fish is frowning and the kid is grinning)
Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 05, 2014 21:32 |  #17

gakoenig wrote in post #17072582 (external link)
http://www.gordyscamer​astraps.com (external link)

About as minimalist as you can go, though no quick disconnect. Having said that, any current QD system will leave stuff dangling off your camera, so hardly "minimalist."

Gordy and his crew do beautiful work.

Just what I've been looking for. Been using a simple shoe string on a key ring cut to exact same size as the long version of the gordystrap. Gotta order one!

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 07, 2014 15:07 |  #18

Made ne out of paracord. I'd have to take a pic but Google pulls up interesting results.

Not mine but I'm pretty sure this was the guy I got the idea from.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i227.photobucke​t.com …5/worrptangl/90​dc146c.jpg (external link)

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

rgs
Goldmember
2,328 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 10, 2014 15:57 |  #19

I have a no name neck strap with fastex type quick release connections that are of opposite types on each end so they can be connected into a shorter hand strap without the neck strap portion. My (RSS) L plate has a strap loop on the end by the battery door so if I make the strap connections very short, I can turn them into a hand grip when I am not using the neck strap.

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

hiketheplanet
666 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2013

Aug 12, 2014 15:29 as a reply to  @ rgs's post |  #20

+1 for the paracord DIY.

I was just planning on making one myself. Paracord, $2. Optech connectors (optional) $7.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,984 views & 0 likes for this thread
Minimalist wrist strap
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.