Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 15 Aug 2014 (Friday) 10:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Wife

paulwoody
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 15, 2014 10:29 |  #1

A bit of practice with my very understanding wife
please feel free to comment

5d mk1, 40d, EF 50mm f1.4,24-70L,

sponsored links
01Ryan10
Goldmember
1,014 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 15, 2014 10:49 |  #2

The lighting looks good; however, she does not look "understanding", and I don't care for the background.

Attractive woman, so I hope you or her do not take my comments the wrong way.

http://RyanLunaPhotogr​aphy.com (external link)
IG: @01ryanluna10 (external link)

Numenorean
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 15, 2014 10:57 |  #3

I disagree, unless the lighting was intended to highlight the upper lip hair. If so, then good job.

Gear List

paulwoody
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 15, 2014 11:42 |  #4

image removed due to ****ty comment from Numenorean!
01Ryan10 thank you for photography related comment

Numenorean
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 15, 2014 11:50 |  #5

lol...you wanted comments. That's a valid comment. Lighting should flatter your subjects, not the other way around.

Gear List

paulwoody
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 15, 2014 12:09 |  #6

You are right! Do you have any images or examples that show you're mastery of lighting
Or are you just happy to **** on other forum members because you can

Road ­ Dog
999 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2014

Aug 15, 2014 12:13 |  #7

Numenorean wrote in post #17098104 (external link)
lol...you wanted comments. That's a valid comment. Lighting should flatter your subjects, not the other way around.

paulwoody wrote in post #17098143 (external link)
You are right! Do you have any images or examples that show you're mastery of lighting

Someone needn't be a master at something in order to point out a shortcoming in something.

Personally, I think posting a photo here should require a thick skin. If you're the type of person who'll remove a photo at the first sign of negative feedback, maybe you're a bit too hyper-sensitive to be posting photos.

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

Numenorean
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 15, 2014 12:24 |  #8

paulwoody wrote in post #17098143 (external link)

You need to learn to separate critique of your photos from critique of you as a person. If you can't do that, photography may not be for you. You should be your own worst critic. It will make you grow.

Gear List

1Tanker
Goldmember
4,470 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Aug 15, 2014 12:29 |  #9

paulwoody wrote in post #17097881 (external link)
please feel free to leave only warm and fuzzy comments

Fixed that for you

Kel
Gear

paulwoody
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 15, 2014 12:40 |  #10

Consider myself told!! Will get my **** together and come back with a better attitude and thicker skin!!

fashionrider
Goldmember
1,093 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 15, 2014 20:17 |  #11

paulwoody wrote in post #17098194 (external link)
Consider myself told!! Will get my **** together and come back with a better attitude and thicker skin!!

Remember, what these guys said that insulted you wasn't that bad. They actually mentioned the problem with the image like the highlighted hair on the lip. That's constructive criticism.

You're lucky nobody came on here and just said, "I hate it, it's terrible". now those are the comments that are just plain useless.

Gear List (5D3, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Sigma 85mm f1.4, Sigma 35mm f1.4, 50 f1.8, 24-105L, Alien Bee lights, etc etc)

AZGeorge
Goldmember
2,159 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 16, 2014 13:15 |  #12

paulwoody wrote in post #17098194 (external link)

You may want to consider extracting the best possible revenge against those who may make comments you consider inappropriate.

• Forget them.
  • Without delay.
  • Completely.
  • No looking back.

A good dose forgetting not only denies them power over you but erases their very existence in part of the world.

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

Point-n-shoot-n
Goldmember
1,642 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Aug 16, 2014 15:25 |  #13

fashionrider wrote in post #17098973 (external link)
Remember, what these guys said that insulted you wasn't that bad. They actually mentioned the problem with the image like the highlighted hair on the lip. That's constructive criticism.

You're lucky nobody came on here and just said, "I hate it, it's terrible". now those are the comments that are just plain useless.

This is a true statement, although the original "lip hair" comment could have been worded a bit differently so as not to sound cruel. I always welcome all comments on my pics and usually get little or no input from anybody, good or bad, when I post. I am my own worst critic though and would have no problem with any feedback, crude, rude or indifferent.

Canon 5D mk iii, Canon 5d classic, Rebel XTI 400D 18-55 kit lens, Canon EF 85mm 1:1.8, Canon EF 17-40 F4L, Quantaray 70-300 1:4-5.6 LD, Canon 70-200 F2.8 iiL, Canon EF135 F2 L, Canon 200 F2 L, Tamron 28-75 1:2.8 , 2 alien bee 800's, 430 EXii, 580 EXii, rectangular and octo softboxes, assorted umbrellas, portable backdrops, radio triggers and still adding.............

photobug7d
384 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Aug 17, 2014 15:24 |  #14

paulwoody wrote in post #17097881 (external link)
please feel free to comment

Suck it up princess.

You post a photo in a open forum asking for comments then have a hissy fit after someone critiques your work?

Kiddie playroom is down the hall few doors to your left.....don't let the door knob hit you in the ass on your way out.

Un friggen believable.

I would really like to see that photo now! Hahahaha

bw!

mark48
905 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 18, 2014 07:00 |  #15

I would much rather get honest feedback letting me know what was wrong with one of my pictures than a cursory "Nice picture".

sponsored links

2,463 views & 0 likes for this thread
The Wife
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.