Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 28 Jul 2014 (Monday) 10:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

So... I'm opening a new Studio!! Eeeeeek!

1000WordsPhotography
515 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 31, 2014 11:17 |  #16

As long as you are using the studio for paid work it shouldn't be hard to make a go of it. Supporting your own business and then renting it out when its not in use should put you in clover.

Twitter: @1kWordsPhotog
Instagram: @1000WordsPhotographer
Facebook: Here (external link)
Portfolio: Here (external link)

sponsored links
SuffolkGal
437 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 31, 2014 16:47 |  #17
bannedPermanent ban

Rushmore wrote in post #17061599 (external link)
Cheers guys... Don't get me wrong... We do not have a "if we build it they will come" strategy.

We have done extensive market research and have carefully selected our location due to the demographic, competition, business rates etc... We also have quite a few business mentors behind us, we have not borrowed any money so we owe nothing,

We are also employing a very strict marketing strategy which is a 3 year strategy that will hopefully work...

A lot of time, effort and planning has gone into this very moment.. We have a great team ( I'm not a one man band on this ) and hopefully all will come good :)

Best of luck, I hope it's a great success!

(But if it is, don't open your next one near mine ;) )

Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 01, 2014 16:29 |  #18

Congrats on the new venture.

---------------Camera, Lens, Flash stuff.. but still wanting more

CRCchemist
961 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Aug 01, 2014 18:05 |  #19

I've seen this work very well. A nice studio like the one you're building also can make a lot of money during downtime by renting the studio space out, or renting out time on the equipment. This is good for smaller photographers who want to shoot at odd hours.

You'll figure out what the rates are, but at a minimum, it'll keep your operational cost down to 0.

chight
156 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Aug 02, 2014 21:57 |  #20

Congrats, that's very exciting! And with the amount of research and planning it sounds like you've done, you should be very well-positioned.

Looks like you're also offering classes, good thought. There's a lot of people out there that want to learn how to take better pictures. I know, I am one and I know a bunch :)

Colleen
Hight Photo (external link)
6D | 70-200 f/2.8L | 50mm 1.8 | Trusty Rebel T3i & kit lenses | And a big wish list...

P4ulG
528 posts
Joined May 2010

Aug 03, 2014 06:34 |  #21

Best of luck with this project. Hope all goes well for you.

Canon 6D Canon 600D Canons 24-105mm L 85mm 1.4 IS L 70-300mm L. 100mm F2.8 macro L IS. 16-35mm L nifty fifty. 55-250mm IS. Speedlights Siggy DG530 super Canon EX430II Vivitar 3700

dynamitetony
Goldmember
1,023 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 03, 2014 07:06 |  #22

Congrats.. keep us updated

any photos of the studio ?

5Dmk4 : 5Dmk3: Sigma 24mm F1.4 :Sigma 35mm F1.4 : Canon 50mm F1.4 : Canon 85mm F1.8 : Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro : Canon 24-105 F4 : Canon 70-200 F2.8L mkii : Flashes, lights & Stuff

Rushmore
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,116 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Aug 06, 2014 03:08 |  #23

Thanks for your kind words folks..

I'll be posting up images when the building and cosmetic work has been done... We are getting the keys on September the 1st and are holding our launch party on the 13th...

If anyone would like to come to the launch if you are in the Warwickshire area.. Please send me a pm or email info@phlashworx.co.uk (external link)

:)

Reppin the 5D iii and 7D with some lenses and some lights
LIKE MY PHOTOGRAPHY PAGE (external link)
MY STUDIO FACEBOOK PAGE (external link)
www.phlashworx.co.uk (external link)
My Photography Website (external link)

Point-n-shoot-n
Goldmember
1,778 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Aug 07, 2014 18:09 |  #24

Rushmore, I admire your ambition and hope you make lots of money! How are you going to know if you can make it unless you try....right?? Go for it!! Post up some pics of the new digs so we can see what you have to work with.

Canon 5D mk IV, Canon 5D mk iii, Canon 5d classic, Rebel XTI 400D 18-55 kit lens, Canon EF 85mm 1:1.8, Canon EF 17-40 F4L, Quantaray 70-300 1:4-5.6 LD, Canon 70-200 F2.8 iiL, Canon EF135 F2 L, Canon 200 F2 L, Tamron 28-75 1:2.8 , 2 alien bee 800's, 430 EXii, 580 EXii, rectangular and octo softboxes, assorted umbrellas, portable backdrops, radio triggers and still adding.............

SuffolkGal
437 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Aug 12, 2014 17:09 |  #25
bannedPermanent ban

Bump for studio pics .... ;)

Rushmore
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,116 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Aug 14, 2014 08:56 |  #26

SuffolkGal wrote in post #17091953 (external link)
Bump for studio pics .... ;)

Hehe!

All in good time.. We still have the electricians in at the moment..

For updates please like

Www.facebook.com/phlas​hworx (external link)

:-)

MichaelAnthonyPhotography
477 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Aug 14, 2014 23:32 |  #27

Moving into a physical studio was one of the best things we have done for our wedding business, I highly recommend however that you use it to sell physical products that you would otherwise not be able to show if you were meeting in a starbucks.

Santa Clarita Wedding Photographers - Michael Anthony Photography (external link)
Los Angeles Photography Blog (external link)

mrniceguy715
556 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2014

Aug 17, 2014 18:34 |  #28

That's really cool man best of luck to you for sure! I would love to have something like that close to me.

Let me know what you think of my site please
CoreElements (external link) | Flickr (external link)|Facebook (external link)|500px (external link)|Google+ (external link)
Canon 6d | Pentax 645 | Mamiya RZ67 Pro | Canon EOS 1n | Several vintage 35mm

Rushmore
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,116 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Aug 18, 2014 12:31 |  #29

Thanks guys...

Will keep you updated! :)

CAPhotog
334 posts
Joined May 2012

Aug 18, 2014 12:48 as a reply to  @ 1000WordsPhotography's post |  #30

Good luck

sponsored links

5,197 views & 0 likes for this thread
So... I'm opening a new Studio!! Eeeeeek!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.