Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 04 Sep 2014 (Thursday) 10:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New website is up, need CC please

marco9394
106 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 04, 2014 10:02 |  #1

link (external link)

I finally decided to go with smugmug instead of zenfolio just because I found myself easier to learn the structure of smugmug.
This is my very first time building a website, it's far from completion but a good starting point. I try to have simplicity and clean layout and my goal of cos is richer contents.
Please take a look and let me know what you think, I'm looking for ways to improve this.
So any CC are welcome. Thank you!

Yimotion Photography (external link)

sponsored links
Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,352 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Sep 04, 2014 19:17 |  #2

You need to remove the Smugmug Header. Maybe you are catering to the younger generation, but I really can't read your text on the home page..

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 04, 2014 20:20 |  #3

Text too small to read.

Smugmug logo needs to go unless your business is called Smugmug.

Bubble background on portfolio page is distracting.

Your about page needs a copy writer to go over it. The English used isn't smooth and flowing and quite a few tenses used are wrong.

Contact page. No phone number.

It isn't obvious when someone arrives on the site where you are based. Nor is it obvious that you only do wedding photography.

Peter

Santanu ­ Sarma
25 posts
Joined May 2011

Sep 05, 2014 01:07 |  #4

Hi,

feedbacks:

1) Smugmug pro logo should be removed, doesnot look so professional
2) As mentioned by the earlier people, please change the fonts of the text, as it is perfectly visible (may be some issues with my laptop screen, still!)
3) In your contact page, I think it is always a better idea to use a contact form. From my personal experience I have seen that people tend to send their messages from the page directly, rather than copying your email id and send it from their own email.
4)There is a photo sharing option on right hand side of the website and when I clicked it it straight take me to smugmug. Not professional at all.
5)I believe if you use a logo, it would be a better.

Otherwise your website is very clean and I really like that. I am a wedding photographer too and all the commnets I made based on my personal observation only.

Cheers.

Santanu Sarma
Candid Wedding Photographer
http://www.santanusarm​a.com (external link)

marco9394
THREAD ­ STARTER
106 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 05, 2014 08:47 as a reply to  @ Santanu Sarma's post |  #5

Thanks for all the comment. So there's a way to get rid of the smugmug logo? I gotta look into that. I like my font but I do agree that it might need a deeper color. I noticed my about page some sentences are just not too smooth, I guess that's what happen when you do it late at night and no one prove read for you.
Again this is a start, it's far from completeion and I do need your comment coming!

Yimotion Photography (external link)

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,352 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Sep 05, 2014 12:51 |  #6

marco9394 wrote in post #17137023 (external link)
Thanks for all the comment. So there's a way to get rid of the smugmug logo? I gotta look into that. I like my font but I do agree that it might need a deeper color. I noticed my about page some sentences are just not too smooth, I guess that's what happen when you do it late at night and no one prove read for you.
Again this is a start, it's far from completeion and I do need your comment coming!

'Customize > Customize Site > Settings > Smugmug Header > OFF'

'Customize > Customize Site > Settings > Smugmug Footer > OFF'

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

koolcreation
649 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Sep 05, 2014 12:56 |  #7

Loaded quick on my laptop.

Like said before the text at the bottom on the home page was kinda hard to read on a 15.6 inch laptop.

I really like how you have the portfolio organized and setup.

5DMKII | 50mm 1.4 | 24-105 f/4 | Speedlights - Strobes |
Flickr (external link)
Instagram @KoolCreationPhoto (external link)

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 06, 2014 17:57 |  #8

Your "about" page. The mention of buying a dslr makes you sound like an amateur and doesn't paint you in a place of high esteem. I've found that hobbyists like to mention their gear and real pros never mention it, they let their reputation and portfolio say it all.

And are the photos in your portfolio when you were the lead photographer? When people are looking outwardly most times they aren't looking at your camera which makes me think you were the 2nd photographer. Maybe that's your style but it looks odd. People should be looking at your camera. Or maybe you are unable or uncomfortable asking to command their attention and that is what you end up with.

sponsored links

1,186 views & 0 likes for this thread
New website is up, need CC please
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.