Currently the 5DIII is about £2,300 here in the UK and I guess the 7DII will be around £1,500 at launch (give or take). I now own a Tamron 150-600mm (OK it's not an L lens in IQ) But instead of using a 7D with my 70-200mm f2.8 II and a 1.4TC, I could use the Tamron with a 5DIII.
Its just such a large investment for a hobbyist that it's hard to know what's best. I mainly shoot Sports involving water (and for some strange reason I love taking pictures of Gulls ) I'm sure the 7DII would be better for the things I do, but even if the 'keeper' rate goes up due to the improved AF, I probably still wont see a noticeable improvement in overall IQ. Of course I am assuming that the 7DII has the 70D sensor and we don't know that yet Perhaps I should wait for he 7DIII etc
Given the ex change rates and such I would exoect it to be closer to 1300 pounds (dont even have such a key on my laptop!)