Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 12 Sep 2014 (Friday) 21:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EOS M bag

Frank ­ H
635 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 12, 2014 21:31 |  #1

Sorry if this is already covered. Searching for EOS M bag is rather tricky with the letter M..

I just aquired an EOS M with 22mm lens. I only plan to carry an extra battery with it. Maaaaybe a flash if I end up buying the 90 or 270. The idea of me purchasing the M was to have a kit to keep with me most all the time as my 5D kit is rather huge and doesn't come out much.

Can you please suggest a bag or case that I should look into?

(Actually what I really want is a G16, but bought this since it was on a great sale. So this may end up in the wife's purse so the smaller the bag, the better.)

Gear List
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Sep 12, 2014 21:32 |  #2

Domke F5XA. But if you want a strapless bag, maybe the Domke M945.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Frank ­ H
THREAD ­ STARTER
635 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 12, 2014 22:33 |  #3

I really like those! Both of them. Thank you for the suggestion.

Gear List
Flickr (external link)

Scott ­ M
Goldmember
3,152 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Joined May 2008

Sep 13, 2014 07:19 |  #4

I just ordered a EOS M w/ 22mm pancake lens, too, and was considering this case from Evecase (external link). Anyone have thoughts on this case?

Photo Gallery (external link)
Gear List

JDeluis
124 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 13, 2014 16:30 as a reply to  @ Scott M's post |  #5

I just copied my original post from the EOS M thread. I'm still using it. The front pocket fits an extra battery and memory card. Camera might feel snug inside, but the bag loosens up after time and the camera slips in easily.

https://photography-on-the.net …p=16606835&post​count=2918
Bought a new case for my EOS M at Walmart for $9. It's available in black, blue and red. It has a belt loop and will fit the M with the 22mm.

I bought this case because I wanted something I could hang from my belt when I go out and not have to worry about it hanging from my neck, shoulder or in a separate bag. There is only space for the camera with 22mm and a hand strap.It does not offer much protection, but does have a little padding in the front.

It's the smallest camera bag I have found that will fit the camera and looks subtle. I know some have recomended the Lowepro Santiago DV 35, but I've found that bag too bulky to hang around my belt.

The three pictures have the camera inside of the case.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/jdeluis/1195993​0373/  (external link)
IMG_9068 (external link) by JDeluis (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/jdeluis/1196047​1456/  (external link)
IMG_9069 (external link) by JDeluis (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/jdeluis/1195993​2563/  (external link)
IMG_9070 (external link) by JDeluis (external link), on Flickr

Flickr Photostream (external link)

Frank ­ H
THREAD ­ STARTER
635 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 13, 2014 17:31 |  #6

So far I think im leaning towards the Domke M945. Still, thanks for the suggestions.

Gear List
Flickr (external link)

Scott ­ M
Goldmember
3,152 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 13, 2014 17:51 |  #7

JDeluis wrote in post #17152403 (external link)
I just copied my original post from the EOS M thread. I'm still using it. The front pocket fits an extra battery and memory card. Camera might feel snug inside, but the bag loosens up after time and the camera slips in easily.

What is the model number for that Case Logic bag?

Gear List

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 13, 2014 23:39 |  #8

Jon wrote in post #17151166 (external link)
Domke F5XA. But if you want a strapless bag, maybe the Domke M945.

I ordered a J5XA. I WANTED the dimensions of the Lowepro streamline 100 but I eventually decided I just couldn't get past the zipper opening. Not only does it make the bag look more like a purse (personal preference don't like) but you would have to unzip and rezip it constantly if you don't want to just leave it open for anyone to stick their hand in easily. The flap top was better IMO.
I'll probably have to cover half the velcro on the Domke, they seem to go a bit overboard with the amount used! LOL

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Frank ­ H
THREAD ­ STARTER
635 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 14, 2014 13:05 |  #9

I ordered the Domke M945 in brown yesterday. Should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully this doesnt change my opinion on all the store bought bags I already own. I dont think the wife would appreciate a bunch of new bags in the house.

Gear List
Flickr (external link)

JDeluis
124 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 14, 2014 13:56 |  #10

Scott M wrote in post #17152501 (external link)
What is the model number for that Case Logic bag?

TBC-403
http://www.walmart.com …Camera-Case-Blue/32501467 (external link)

Flickr Photostream (external link)

Scott ­ M
Goldmember
3,152 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 14, 2014 17:00 |  #11

Thanks. I was hoping that was the one - I ordered the case from Amazon this morning.

Gear List

Frank ­ H
THREAD ­ STARTER
635 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 18, 2014 22:49 |  #12

I bought the Domke 945. I am unimpressed with the lack of pockets and padding. It holds all of the accessories I plan to carry with the M but they are all in the same pouch with nothing to divide things up. I dont want spare batteries scratching up my M. Maybe Ill just give this to the wife for a make up bag and keep looking.

Gear List
Flickr (external link)

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
13,200 posts
Gallery: 1640 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Feb 2013

Sep 19, 2014 02:13 |  #13

Heya,

I purposefully don't use a bag. I just let it be on a sling strap. I pocket a battery. I don't roll a flash with it at all when I'm out.

When I do take a bag, I really like the Lowepro Event Messenger 150. Way too big for the EOS-M. But for general "stuff" and throwing a good camera in there, it does it nicely without looking like an obvious camera bag.

There is a smaller one, the Lowepro EM 100. (external link)

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

sponsored links

2,236 views & 0 likes for this thread
EOS M bag
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.