Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 11 Sep 2014 (Thursday) 04:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 7D MkII specs confirmed

this thread is locked
Talley
Talley Whacker
11,084 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 14, 2014 23:58 |  #181

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #17153950 (external link)
It really is looking exactly like the 5D3. The pop up flash means the housing ion top sticks out a lot more on the 7D2, but yeah. Identical controls.

the 5d3 was a copy of the 7d.this is why the 7d was such a game change. Lcd viewfinder new ergonomics that ultimately carved the 5d3

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

sponsored links
Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 15, 2014 00:52 |  #182

mclaren777 wrote in post #17154736 (external link)
It's not that simple.

Many of us are frustrated with Canon because they're so slow to innovate. If the 7D2 has an antiquated sensor like the 70D, why should we have any hope that the 5D4 will be given a better treatment?

Canon isn't going to change unless the market forces them to, and they are already so far behind that they may never fully catch up. That's why we're so negative right now.

Actually it is that simple. If you don't like the way the company is going, or the product they are producing, buy something else. What do you gain by saying you shoot with a Canon. Unless your marketing is slanted to using the canon name, canon doesn't care what you shoot with, other photographers don't care what you shoot with, and your clients don't care. I will never understand why people are getting so bent out of shape about this new camera. All the rumors have been that it's a new sensor. If you believe it's not going to be, great. Don't buy it, buy something else. It really is that simple. Why spend all this energy being an upset customer, get what you want. If it's not being made by canon buy it elsewhere, If it's not being made by anyone, well then you're screwed :)

---------------Camera, Lens, Flash stuff.. but still wanting more

Aressem
Goldmember
4,364 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 15, 2014 02:40 |  #183

It's not that simple.

Many of us are frustrated with Canon because they're so slow to innovate. If the 7D2 has an antiquated sensor like the 70D, why should we have any hope that the 5D4 will be given a better treatment?

Canon isn't going to change unless the market forces them to, and they are already so far behind that they may never fully catch up. That's why we're so negative right now.

Again, you/we, are all getting worked up for nothing. No one has any idea what the sensor is capable of yet. IF you're right, ya, there will be a lot of disappointed canon fans, myself included. But after 5 years of SO much anticipation, I find it extremely hard to believe that canon would be that stupid and lazy. Let's all just calm down and give them the benefit of the doubt until we've seen some real-world tests. Nuff said.

Ryan Mackay WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | GEAR LIST | Buy & Sell Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

bobbyz
Cream of the Crop
19,424 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 15, 2014 03:47 |  #184

I don't think we going to see any magic in the new sensor. It will be typical little of this, little of that.

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

Keith ­ R
Goldmember
2,856 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 15, 2014 05:00 |  #185

Footbag wrote in post #17153583 (external link)
Or they can re-hash the 70D sensor, which wasn't any better with IQ then the 60D sensor.

That, my friend, is uninformed tripe.

Keith ­ R
Goldmember
2,856 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 15, 2014 05:04 |  #186

Canon won't change until it needs to - and despite the interminable caterwauling about the "terrible" sensors in Canons (which is of course, utter BS) - they don't need to.

Low ISO DR is a niche "issue", and Canon recognises it for what it is.

Keith ­ R
Goldmember
2,856 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 15, 2014 05:06 |  #187

If the 7D2 has an antiquated sensor like the 70D

What an asinine comment. Constantly repeating this drivel doesn't make it true, you know.

Based on actual experience (try it some time - you might like it) the 70D's sensor is head-and-shoulders above anything else Canon has produced in APS-C, and hardly different in any meaningful metric to the "magic" Exmors, here in the Real World.

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 15, 2014 05:12 |  #188

Wolfeye wrote in post #17147878 (external link)
It's odd, given how old the 7D is, that there aren't more improvements. It doubly strikes me as odd that this camera lacks three of the most useful features of the 70D; touchscreen, articulated LCD, and wi-fi. Very similar to the rather pathetic upgrade Sony did with their a77 II recently.

This is, quite simply, a niche camera for those who need speed.

I'd imagine the weatherproofing is better without an articulating LCD. As far as touchscreens have come on cameras, I haven't really been a fan (for mirrorless bodies anyhow). Lack of wifi does seem odd though.

My Gearlist

Ring ­ Taxi
51 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Sep 15, 2014 05:32 |  #189

Keith R wrote in post #17154988 (external link)
Canon won't change until it needs to - and despite the interminable caterwauling about the "terrible" sensors in Canons (which is of course, utter BS) - they don't need to.

Um, they do need to change, Canon's best APS-C on the market (70D) doesn't come close to it's nearest competition.

My Website (external link) - All my work
My Facebook page (external link) - Motorsport based

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 15, 2014 05:39 |  #190

Ring Taxi wrote in post #17155010 (external link)
Um, they do need to change, Canon's best APS-C on the market (70D) doesn't come close to it's nearest competition.

So you think. Others think differently. Loads of these people have paid good money - and that's the only thing that Canon really care about.

Keeping fanboiz and measurebators happy comes 947th on their list of important things.

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

Ring ­ Taxi
51 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Sep 15, 2014 06:31 |  #191

hollis_f wrote in post #17155014 (external link)
So you think. Others think differently. Loads of these people have paid good money - and that's the only thing that Canon really care about.

Keeping fanboiz and measurebators happy comes 947th on their list of important things.

No I don't think, I know (below - as posted in another thread). Opinions are one thing, fact is another, yes many people have bought their cameras which means they make a good product, just what they're offering isn't "on par or better than" what's already on the market - which is the point you've been sprouting.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i281.photobucke​t.com …/Canon70d_zpsd5​637b64.jpg (external link)

My Website (external link) - All my work
My Facebook page (external link) - Motorsport based

Geordie ­ Amanda
305 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 15, 2014 06:38 |  #192

I love my 7D. I shoot mainly water based sport (and the odd birdie) and find the 7D almost perfect for my needs. Weather sealing, burst rate, good AI servo etc Any tweak or improvement to these things would be great even though I am content with what the 7D does already. I would like better noise performance if possible, as I can't afford big prime lenses so buy cheaper, slower ones and hence push the ISO a bit. So, from the 'Canon leaks' I see a camera which is a little bit better in every way, but potentially disappointing in the sensor :( Part of my need is Canons fault. I moved up from a 350D to a 40D and finally the 7D. And suddenly found I had gone from a complacent snapper, so someone who started finding that all these clever little systems helped me take better quality pictures and my 'keep rate' rocketed. I invested in my first L glass (70-200mm f2.8 II) and suddenly I wanted more and more and more. I stopped worrying about needing new high heeled shoes (well within reason) and didn't worry that my hair got blown about until I looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards. I upgraded my waterproof clothing and now resemble a waterproof bag lady. The only thing I wanted was more from my camera! (usual disclaimers of the photographer takes the picture, not the camera apply)

I didn't want WiFi (I have a CamRanger), so I am happy there, I didn't want a touch screen (I sometimes have long nails so small touch screens can be a pain) so I am happy there too, oh and I didn't want 4K so everything looks as though it has been designed almost specifically for me. But I so hope that sensor is a decent improvement. It's a bit like being presented with a beautiful slice of Victoria sponge cake, but there is a vicious rumour that there is no jam in the middle.

Fingers and toes crossed for the first full review and some nice jam from Canon :)

Do I win an award for mixed metaphors?

Call me Amanda please :)

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,338 posts
Gallery: 432 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

Sep 15, 2014 06:41 |  #193

Ring Taxi

How dare you bring measured facts into the fight. ;)

lol

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

dufflover
315 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Sep 15, 2014 06:48 |  #194

I like the little improvements seen from a 60D/7D to now 70D but from the perspective of a 5yr old camera it's pretty disappointing that's it. If people want a sales perspective, I reckon they would've been more sales in a "7D w/ new sensor" vs a "faster 7D" which is what this is looking like.

(FWIW I like my 70D but unlike others I don't make excuses for it's rapidly aging sensor; it's like Intel tweaking it's P4s until it finally realised it needed to leap ahead which it finally did, and well)

"Duffman, could you bring in two bottles of smooth, untainted DUFF?""Oh Yeah!"
Main gear: Canon 7D, Canon 60D, Sig 120-300/2.8 OS, Can 100-400, Can 70-200/2.8L II, Can 1.4x-II, Can 2x-III, Tam 17-50/2.8, Tam 90/2.8 macro

My Flickr (feel free to critique!) (external link)

titi_67207
496 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 15, 2014 06:58 |  #195

Keith R wrote in post #17154988 (external link)

The dog I am would be please when my Canon master will get rid of this too old niche for a new one ;)

Titi

Canon 5D MkII + Sony A7 + 24x36 & 6x6 B&W film cameras .
CV 15 4.5 III | TS-E 24L II | FE 28 2 | (50+85) 1.4 | 135 2 | 70-200 4.0L | a collection of old Zuikos + FD + Adaptall + AI-s + M42

sponsored links

38,032 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 7D MkII specs confirmed
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.