Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Sep 2014 (Sunday) 12:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Dear Canon

this thread is locked
Talley
Talley Whacker
11,086 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 21, 2014 14:54 |  #31

Where was this guy during the 6D release?... I'm sure if he read that he would of moved straight to Kodak.

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

sponsored links
WhidbeyHiker
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2013

Sep 21, 2014 14:55 |  #32

Talley wrote in post #17169249 (external link)
Where was this guy during the 6D release?... I'm sure if he read that he would of moved straight to Kodak.

You just won the interwebs.

Thorrulz
Goldmember
3,772 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 21, 2014 14:58 |  #33

Many prior Canon only users have swapped out their gear for other systems so I don't see why all the hate pointed at the OP. Plenty of alternatives in the market place right now, especially if you consider the mirrorless offerings by Sony (a6000) and Fuji (xt-1) as examples. In fact the Fuji xt-1 and their excellent set of fast primes will be added to my gear in the not to distant future.

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G I Pentax 645D I SMC FA 645 75 F2.8 I SMC FA 645 45-85 F4.5 I SMC FA 645 200 F4
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

jaomul
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 21, 2014 15:02 |  #34

To much talk before a proper review or proper production model. I do wonder how many people would realise how bad Canon's dynamic range was if not read on the internet though

flickr (external link)
Olympus EM5,Nikon d7200,
Olympus 12-50mm, 40-150mm,17mm f2.8,Nikon 50mm F1.8, Tamron 90mm vc, 18-105mmVR, Sigma 18-35 f1.8

corndog ­ cabernet
366 posts
Gallery: 73 photos
Joined May 2010

Sep 21, 2014 15:09 as a reply to  @ jaomul's post |  #35

I think it's kind of funny!

It's OK to criticize and even jump ship, who cares really?

Ford v Chevy, Mercedes v BMW, it's just stuff.

What makes the OP read like a goon is the way he/she personalizes it, like it's a direct offense aimed at them.
I suggest they get out more. Oh, and next time, take a few deep breaths before sitting in front of the keyboard :oops:

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,416 posts
Gallery: 211 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 21, 2014 15:12 |  #36

Thorrulz wrote in post #17169259 (external link)
Many prior Canon only users have swapped out their gear for other systems so I don't see why all the hate pointed at the OP...........

↓↓↓

corndog cabernet wrote in post #17169278 (external link)
I think it's kind of funny!............What makes the OP read like a goon is the way he/she personalizes it, like it's a direct offense aimed at them.
I suggest they get out more. Oh, and next time, take a few deep breaths before sitting in front of the keyboard :oops:

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,431 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 21, 2014 15:14 |  #37

Thorrulz wrote in post #17169259 (external link)
Many prior Canon only users have swapped out their gear for other systems so I don't see why all the hate pointed at the OP. Plenty of alternatives in the market place right now, especially if you consider the mirrorless offerings by Sony (a6000) and Fuji (xt-1) as examples. In fact the Fuji xt-1 and their excellent set of fast primes will be added to my gear in the not to distant future.

No one is hating the OP here. It is a terrible thread topic because it is just uselessly vain venting. You're right, lots of people are switching to Nikon because Canon is falling behind. More power to all the switchers! :) If I were starting all over, and Nikon had competitive wide-angle tilt-shift lenses, I might go with Nikon too. I really do love their cameras - particularly the D810. But, we just don't need to see anyone pitch a fit and throwing a temper tantrum about how rotten Canon is.

I agree with the OP in that Canon can be rightfully criticized - he has valid criticisms, but I strongly disagree with throwing a temper tantrum about it. :)

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, CV 40mm, FE 50mm ZA, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,304 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

Sep 21, 2014 15:14 |  #38

I guess you could classify that as a catharsis. I don't see the point actually.

If some of the other overwrought gear heads and pixel peepers left the environs I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 21, 2014 15:17 |  #39

Well, it isn't just in games that we see people rage-quit.
And it's as fun every time.
Youtube is full of wonderful rage-quit clips.

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

corndog ­ cabernet
366 posts
Gallery: 73 photos
Joined May 2010

Sep 21, 2014 15:17 as a reply to  @ Scatterbrained's post |  #40

Scatterbrain-

I was making a distinction between the legitimate criticisms and making it personal.

YOU, by partially quoting me, have taken my statement out of context.
Please don't do that, it's disingenuous and impolite.

Brian_R
Goldmember
2,656 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 21, 2014 15:19 |  #41

best troll thread ever

andrikos
Goldmember
1,905 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 21, 2014 15:22 |  #42

SYS wrote in post #17169194 (external link)
And here's what the Nikonians are saying about 7DMKII. They're threatening to jump ship to Canon if Nikon doesn't respond to 7DMKII anytime soon!!

http://www.fredmiranda​.com/forum/topic/13182​95 (external link)

These Nikon guys are all politely discussing amongst themselves about the camera that they would like Nikon to release. I didn't notice any Canon trolls polluting their discussion.

Too bad this forum is now littered with Nikon trolls (you know who you are) who will do everything to pollute every single Canon thread... It's pretty depressing actually.

As far as the OP is concerned, thank you for your opinion. No one cares.

Think new Canon lenses are overpriced? Lots (and lots) of data will set you free!

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,416 posts
Gallery: 211 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 21, 2014 15:24 |  #43

corndog cabernet wrote in post #17169296 (external link)
Scatterbrain-

I was making a distinction between the legitimate criticisms and making it personal.

YOU, by partially quoting me, have taken my statement out of context.
Please don't do that, it's disingenuous and impolite.

Huh? I know exactly what you were saying, and agreeing with it. There are plenty of threads with legitimate complaints about Canon's line up, but very few that are done in such an immature manner. Like you, I feel the manner of the OPs tirade is what has drawn the attention and responses this thread has garnered. Thorrulz didn't understand why the OP was receiving the responses it has, I was simply highlighting your response as a succinct explanation for it. How exactly is that out of context or impolite?

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

Candid
45 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 21, 2014 15:30 |  #44

At the end of the day, when the 7D was released, everybody loved it.

7DII has a lot to live up to, but with the AF alone you can be assured it will get a warm welcome to the lineup

Sensor will be good. OP entitled to his opinion, but with an attitude like that better off elsewhere.

As previous poster mentioned, he's more than likely just trying to create a response and enjoying himself. Personally I would close the post and ban his input

sega62
756 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Sep 21, 2014 15:34 |  #45

andrikos wrote in post #17169310 (external link)
These Nikon guys are all politely discussing amongst themselves about the camera that they would like Nikon to release. I didn't notice any Canon trolls polluting their discussion.

Too bad this forum is now littered with Nikon trolls (you know who you are) who will do everything to pollute every single Canon thread... It's pretty depressing actually.

As far as the OP is concerned, thank you for your opinion. No one cares.

Agree 100%

sponsored links

6,939 views & 0 likes for this thread
Dear Canon
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.