Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Sep 2014 (Tuesday) 02:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Magic lantern on 60D

modestglock26
293 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2014

Sep 24, 2014 11:14 |  #16

I just went to the app store on my laptop and got EOS Inspector which was free. Works on my 40d and 60d just fine. Plug it in, open the app, turn on the camera...all info pops up with count and serial.

Now, out of curiosity I did just download ML and I'm trying it on my 60d just for fun, not for the shutter count. Seems kind of cool but I'm probably just geeking out over the new gadget anyways.

Sony A7ii and a Ricoh GR II with just about no skill

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,900 posts
Joined May 2003

Sep 24, 2014 11:29 |  #17

modestglock26 wrote in post #17175140 (external link)
I just went to the app store on my laptop and got EOS Inspector which was free. Works on my 40d and 60d just fine. Plug it in, open the app, turn on the camera...all info pops up with count and serial.

Now, out of curiosity I did just download ML and I'm trying it on my 60d just for fun, not for the shutter count. Seems kind of cool but I'm probably just geeking out over the new gadget anyways.

Great info...link at http://eosinspectorapp​.com (external link) if anyone interested.

genesimmons
Goldmember
1,975 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 24, 2014 12:21 |  #18

I'm sure u will find other useful features of magic lantern,i only installed it for the HDR features but i have used trap focus a few times with good success,and as mentioned changing menu colour is great,theres a lot of great features for video but i don't know much about them,its so easy to try theres no reason to not give it a go,I'm sure u will find some useful features,hats off to the developers for making this software free.

OLYMPUS EM1 M2. 12-100 F4 PRO.75mm f1.8,fisheye f1.8 pro. SONY A7 various manual lenses. FUJI X100
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/100085318@N08/ (external link)

modestglock26
293 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Sep 24, 2014 12:27 |  #19

genesimmons wrote in post #17175233 (external link)
I'm sure u will find other useful features of magic lantern,i only installed it for the HDR features but i have used trap focus a few times with good success,and as mentioned changing menu colour is great,theres a lot of great features for video but i don't know much about them,its so easy to try theres no reason to not give it a go,I'm sure u will find some useful features,hats off to the developers for making this software free.

Went with the green interface and trying the HDR stuff later tonight at work. Haven't messed with much else. I'm new to the 60d so I still have some tinkering to do and adjusting.

happyduck
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,710 posts
Gallery: 368 photos
Joined May 2008

Sep 24, 2014 13:32 |  #20

modestglock26 wrote in post #17175140 (external link)

What if your running windows:confused:

70D 60D [ Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM IS USM
"Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
Brian Clough.

My Flkr (external link)

modestglock26
293 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Sep 24, 2014 13:35 |  #21

happyduck wrote in post #17175373 (external link)

Don't know, haven't suffered that in years.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,900 posts
Joined May 2003

Sep 24, 2014 14:06 |  #22

happyduck wrote in post #17175373 (external link)

Maybe http://www.camerashutt​ercount.com/ (external link).

sponsored links

3,093 views & 0 likes for this thread
Magic lantern on 60D
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.