Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 18 Jul 2011 (Monday) 09:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official: Facebook Fan Page Thread!

gmaize
589 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Sep 07, 2014 15:19 |  #2491

Oahu Real Estate Photography, Community Videography and other fun stuff.

https://www.facebook.c​om/gmiasnikphotography (external link)

--gmaize

sponsored links
b8264d
177 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 08, 2014 03:50 |  #2492

Wow! Lots of pages here to look at. Here's mine:

https://www.facebook.c​om/JRSlaterPhotography (external link)

My Gear
http://www.jrslaterpho​tography.com/ (external link)

panicatnabisco
972 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Sep 10, 2014 00:35 |  #2493

linky in the siggy

Canon 1DX III | 1DX | 6D II | 6D | 16-35/2.8 II | 24-70/2.8 II | 35/1.4 II | 50/1.8 | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 85/1.4 IS | 100/2.8 IS macro | 200mm f/2 | 400/2.8 IS II | 2xIII
Leica M8.2 | Noctilux 50 f/1 | Elmarit 90/2.8
afimages.net (external link) | Facebook (external link) | instagram (external link)

dstylezs
222 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Sep 11, 2014 12:44 |  #2494

Here is mine :) https://www.facebook.c​om/danilolewis (external link)

FACEBOOK (external link) | TWITTER (external link) | INSTAGRAM (external link)
Canon 1DX II & Canon 5dmkIV | Canon 16-35 2.8 III| 24-70L 2.8 | Canon 50mm 1.4 | 70-200L IS 2.8 II | 8-15L F4 Canon Fisheye & 15mm F2.8 Canon Fisheye | 600EX-RT (2x)

Radders
Cream of the Crop
5,017 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 11, 2014 13:37 |  #2495

Here's mine.. https://www.facebook.c​om …otography/53064​2663688825 (external link)

| 1DII | 7D | 60D | 6D | 100 2.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 11-16 2.8 | 24-105 4 | 70-300 IS USM |
Totallyrad.co.uk (external link) | Airplane-Pictures.net (external link) |Facebook Page (external link) | Russianplanes.net (external link)Gear list

mspin
24 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Sep 15, 2014 02:17 as a reply to  @ Radders's post |  #2496

Please take a look at mine and "Like" it if you do. ;)

https://www.facebook.c​om …litanspin/46636​0956734247 (external link)

website (external link) | facebook (external link) | google+ (external link) | 500px (external link) | instagram (external link)

TheCor
428 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 18, 2014 12:04 |  #2497

https://facebook.com/c​saphotographie (external link)

:)

6D | 70-200 f2.8 is ii | 24-105 f4L | 50mm f1.8 | 40D | 17-55 IS f2.8 | Canon 580EXII | Yongnuo 565EX | YN622C's
facebook.com/csaphotog​raphie (external link)
csaphotograpie.com (external link)

Radders
Cream of the Crop
5,017 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 24, 2014 06:15 |  #2498

Mine rolled over the 2,000 mark during the night, Happy with that! :)

| 1DII | 7D | 60D | 6D | 100 2.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 11-16 2.8 | 24-105 4 | 70-300 IS USM |
Totallyrad.co.uk (external link) | Airplane-Pictures.net (external link) |Facebook Page (external link) | Russianplanes.net (external link)Gear list

bih92
20 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Sep 24, 2014 16:48 |  #2499

here is mine www.facebook.com/studi​o-stela (external link) life if you want :)

Sony a99 24-70 2.8 zeiss , Canon 7d 15-85mm , Canon 7d ii 24-70 f4

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 24, 2014 22:48 |  #2500

To those involved in this like ladder... how has it benefited your business?

Peter

MichiTimm
837 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 25, 2014 05:58 |  #2501

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #17176201 (external link)
To those involved in this like ladder... how has it benefited your business?

Well, I'm not sure it has. But when I first started a facebook page, it was important to me to have some likes. I felt it made me look more legitimate. I thought maybe it would create the perception to people visiting the page for the first time that there are others out there who like what they see. Maybe I just felt silly having a page that had 11 likes, I don't know. And I don't know if having a bunch of likes actually does raise the public's perception of a photographer's quality, but I suspect it does.

Now that I have what I consider to be plenty of likes on my facebook page, I don't ask for likes here anymore. But I do still go through every so often to like others' pages because I like to support other photographers.

But I think the key to supporting each other is to not just like the other guy's page and then forget about it. If I see something pop up on my news feed that I like, I like it. If I have something to say about it, I comment. If I understand correctly, this sort of interaction results in facebook showing the post to more followers of the photographer's page - ones who may actually be looking to hire him/her.

I understand the reasons you delete other photographers who like your page (I was one of them, didn't hurt my feelings at all), but I also think any harm that this like exchange does to me is minimal. The ones who like the page and then never like or comment on any posts may be affecting how facebook treats the post, but I'm not even sure about that. And I don't do much advertising that targets people who like my page, so I'm not so concerned about that either. Of course, my "business" is nothing like yours. I'm more of a hobbyist-for-hire who has fun taking pictures of people and interacting/supporting other photographers. I have a full-time job, and photography ain't it. That may change someday, and it may not.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it. Not looking to change any minds or speak for anyone other than myself.

Oh - I almost forgot! My page: https://www.facebook.c​om/KerwinPhotoworks (external link)

Color_blind
78 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 30, 2014 05:20 |  #2502

https://www.facebook.c​om/Mr.Caketown (external link)

here is mine , shoot me a like and ill send you one back

Rig - 60D + Sigma 17-70 + 430exii (Orbis Ringflash)
Please like me on FB if you get a chance.
www.facebook.com/Mr.Ca​ketown (external link)

the-phlog
101 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2014

Oct 01, 2014 07:36 |  #2503

MichiTimm wrote in post #17176539 (external link)
Well, I'm not sure it has. But when I first started a facebook page, it was important to me to have some likes. I felt it made me look more legitimate. I thought maybe it would create the perception to people visiting the page for the first time that there are others out there who like what they see. Maybe I just felt silly having a page that had 11 likes, I don't know. And I don't know if having a bunch of likes actually does raise the public's perception of a photographer's quality, but I suspect it does.

Now that I have what I consider to be plenty of likes on my facebook page, I don't ask for likes here anymore. But I do still go through every so often to like others' pages because I like to support other photographers.

But I think the key to supporting each other is to not just like the other guy's page and then forget about it. If I see something pop up on my news feed that I like, I like it. If I have something to say about it, I comment. If I understand correctly, this sort of interaction results in facebook showing the post to more followers of the photographer's page - ones who may actually be looking to hire him/her.

I understand the reasons you delete other photographers who like your page (I was one of them, didn't hurt my feelings at all), but I also think any harm that this like exchange does to me is minimal. The ones who like the page and then never like or comment on any posts may be affecting how facebook treats the post, but I'm not even sure about that. And I don't do much advertising that targets people who like my page, so I'm not so concerned about that either. Of course, my "business" is nothing like yours. I'm more of a hobbyist-for-hire who has fun taking pictures of people and interacting/supporting other photographers. I have a full-time job, and photography ain't it. That may change someday, and it may not.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it. Not looking to change any minds or speak for anyone other than myself.

Oh - I almost forgot! My page: https://www.facebook.c​om/KerwinPhotoworks (external link)

I'm supporting other photographers on Facebook the same way, it's nice to build up a little community this way.

Here's my Facebook page
http://www.facebook.co​m/phlog (external link)

The Phlog (external link) - News, Tutorials, Reviews & More

YouTube POST PROCESSING TUTORIALS (external link) | facebook (external link) | 500px (external link)

hyogen
Goldmember
2,043 posts
Joined May 2012

Oct 04, 2014 15:25 |  #2504

Is there a thread for Instagram also? I'm finding more and more people are using Instagram nowadays. I think people are getting tired of dumb status posts on FB and also FB advertisements. In fact, one person told me in their own words that they just want to see pictures and not read uninteresting or TMI stories. Plus, of course when you post on your Facebook photography page only a fraction of your followers see it.....!

Nonetheless, I'm still trying to get more likes :) I'd be happy to reciprocate: www.facebook.com/justi​nleewedding (external link)

Instagram: @hyogen http://instagram.com/h​yogen (external link)

justinleeportland (external link)
facebook (external link)
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
EOS R6, 45mm TS-E / RF 35mm 1.8 / RF 28-70 2.0 / EF 16-35 2.8 ii / EF 70-200 2.8 ii / Zhiyun Weebill S / Moza Slypod

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,458 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Oct 04, 2014 22:29 |  #2505

www.facebook.com/hisan​dherphotographs (external link)

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

396,235 views & 1 like for this thread
Official: Facebook Fan Page Thread!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.