Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 24 Sep 2014 (Wednesday) 18:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

before and after retouching examples on website?

no1photo
151 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 24, 2014 18:07 |  #1

Just curious if anyone has a section on their website that shows before and after photos to demonstrate retouching abilities of your studio. I am rebuilding my website and considering putting this in a section but wonder how others felt about it, or do it. I shppt a lot of middle aged women so I was going to show basic retouching, (pimples, stray hairs, etc.), waist slimming, breast enhancing, taking off 5 years, 10 years, 20years, you get the idea. and other services. Any feelings?

Thanks,

Good photographers learn it is not what you are looking at, but what you see...............
Canon 6D with 24-105 L Main camera combo, 80-200L, 50 1.4, 85 1.8,
T2i, XTi, D30,D10,D60......and a whole buncha' lenses and stuff.

sponsored links
beano
Goldmember
4,168 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 24, 2014 18:29 |  #2

I'm a long way off being a pro photographer, but my thought on it, for what it's worth, is that if you're offering that as a service, you need/want to show it really...

Scott

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,933 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 24, 2014 18:34 |  #3

I have sub-domain set up for my retouching gallery and use a rollover for the before/after shots.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

no1photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
151 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 24, 2014 20:51 |  #4

D Thompson wrote in post #17175836 (external link)
I have sub-domain set up for my retouching gallery and use a rollover for the before/after shots.

Ah.....Great idea!

Good photographers learn it is not what you are looking at, but what you see...............

ryanshoots
344 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 24, 2014 22:37 |  #5

Nice to see you back no1photo. I remember you from the long running Rebel t2i vs ... thread.

no1photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
151 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 25, 2014 19:50 |  #6

ryanshoots wrote in post #17176169 (external link)
Nice to see you back no1photo. I remember you from the long running Rebel t2i vs ... thread.

Thanks,

Yeah still shooting with cheap camera but good glass, funny thing is my work still sells and no one seems to look at my camera they look more at my images..LOL,
and still writing the checks, so everything is still right in the world.

MattPharmD
255 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 25, 2014 21:14 |  #7

I would make sure that you are clear to the models/clients that you will be using their pictures for this purpose. While not required by law, it might come as a special kind of shock for a client to find the blemished unretouched version of the picture you took of them on your website. While it is easy to be okay with people displaying you at your best (your finished work), the displaying of how much work it took to make you look like that might be less so.

Photography is just a hobby for me.
Twitter: @PharmNerdMatt (external link)
Youtube:The PharmNerd (external link)

no1photo
THREAD ­ STARTER
151 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 29, 2014 16:44 |  #8

MattPharmD wrote in post #17178023 (external link)
I would make sure that you are clear to the models/clients that you will be using their pictures for this purpose. While not required by law, it might come as a special kind of shock for a client to find the blemished unretouched version of the picture you took of them on your website. While it is easy to be okay with people displaying you at your best (your finished work), the displaying of how much work it took to make you look like that might be less so.

Absolutely, I would never to do that a client, rookie move but thanks for the suggestion.
:)

jcolman
Goldmember
2,656 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2008

Sep 29, 2014 16:52 |  #9

I talk about retouching when I first meet new clients. I'll show them some examples then.

www.jimcolmanphotograp​hy.com (external link)

the-phlog
101 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2014

Oct 01, 2014 07:40 |  #10

I'm using a Wordpress plugin called twentytwenty to compare shots before and after editing (see this link for an example (external link)).

When I first started with photography it always annoyed me to just see finished pictures while reading tutorials. I want to see pictures before the actual editing, it's just way more interesting (for me). But I don't know if this will help you, as I'm only photographing landscapes and such

The Phlog (external link) - News, Tutorials, Reviews & More

YouTube POST PROCESSING TUTORIALS (external link) | facebook (external link) | 500px (external link)

DC ­ Fan
Cream of the Crop
5,881 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 01, 2014 11:37 |  #11

no1photo wrote in post #17175795 (external link)
Just curious if anyone has a section on their website that shows before and after photos to demonstrate retouching abilities of your studio. I am rebuilding my website and considering putting this in a section but wonder how others felt about it, or do it. I shppt a lot of middle aged women so I was going to show basic retouching, (pimples, stray hairs, etc.), waist slimming, breast enhancing, taking off 5 years, 10 years, 20years, you get the idea. and other services. Any feelings?

Thanks,

Greg Apodaca offers some dramatic examples (external link) of retouching.

sponsored links

2,210 views & 0 likes for this thread
before and after retouching examples on website?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.