Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 20 Sep 2014 (Saturday) 12:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Got AliBaba?

groundloop
983 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Sep 25, 2014 10:17 |  #16

DavidWatts wrote in post #17176346 (external link)
The Daily Show was all over this tonight. Can't link to it right now because it just aired. That should be a must see before one invests any money.

I caught that, it was great.

Gee, how could I possibly go wrong investing in a company that sells counterfeit Rolex watches?

sponsored links
aquaforester
886 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 25, 2014 10:35 |  #17

You mean there's fake products being sold in China, how shocking! What else is new there are fake stores as well:

http://9to5mac.com …/chinas-fake-apple-store/ (external link)

Flickr (external link)

Current Gear
Canon 60D, 10-18, 24 Pancake, 60 macro, 70-200 F4

Judsonzhao
Goldmember
1,198 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 25, 2014 11:27 |  #18

Seems there is a lot of mis understanding here. Alibaba is simply a company owning several B2B platforms, just like Ebay. (Which is Taobao actually.) Fake items are sold by individual sellers, most time you stated them as fake, and you know you won't be able to get a rolex for $100. It's you being cheap to try to buy such stuff.

Alibaba's Taobao is way better than Ebay, if Alibaba seriously thinks about doing business in US, at least I'm not oppose to it. Competition is always great, we always benefit from it as costumers.

1st of all, selling on Taobao is fee free, completely, unless you want marketing (boost your item top the top of some key words search entry) And the corresponding ZhiFuBao (same as Paypal) is free, moreover acts like a bank, you can get interests if you deposit your money in.
The way ZhiFuBao acts is actually better than it of Paypal. It acts like a real 3rd party. As a buyer, your payment goes into ZhiFuBao, NOT to the seller, and until you receive the item, confirm it matches the description, then you hit yes, the payment then goes to the seller.

2nd, Taobao has its own software enable seller and buyer to communicate real time, like MSN. I consider it helps a lot. I'm just so tired of the ebay's message communications.

3rd, Taobao's overall UI interface/ web design is better IMO.

Some others, feedback system is way better than ebay, like Amazon, you can upload photos and modify your feedback after time of using.

Fly me away.

samsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 25, 2014 16:30 |  #19

Judsonzhao wrote in post #17177067 (external link)
Alibaba's Taobao is way better than Ebay, if Alibaba seriously thinks about doing business in US, at least I'm not oppose to it. Competition is always great, we always benefit from it as costumers.

bw!

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
51,100 posts
Gallery: 184 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Sep 25, 2014 20:47 |  #20

if I come up with a cool product I'd like to make for cameras, say a support product. No electronics just needs machining. I can go on the Allie Baba site and have a dozen different Chinese manufacturers bid on supplying me with a thousand of those, and choose the best price.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

groundloop
983 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Sep 26, 2014 10:20 |  #21

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #17177985 (external link)
if I come up with a cool product I'd like to make for cameras, say a support product. No electronics just needs machining. I can go on the Allie Baba site and have a dozen different Chinese manufacturers bid on supplying me with a thousand of those, and choose the best price.

And probably find an exact copy of your product for sale by someone else within a week. ;)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
Combating camera shame since 1977...
9,901 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 27, 2014 17:48 |  #22

groundloop wrote in post #17178790 (external link)
And probably find an exact copy of your product for sale by someone else within a week. ;)

when you say "someone else" you mean, one of the bidders that didn't' get the job, right?

;)

too much of a grey area to me. Hell, american companies are pretty flippin' grey, why look for any more risk?

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

blanex1
790 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Sep 27, 2014 18:32 |  #23

i'm sort of a chicken **** when it comes to stocks !or i would try alibaba,but in the past have not been a wizard in investing in any stocks,and money lately has been vary slim,sounds like its a good investment though.

canon 7d bg-e7 5d-mk3 1d-mk3 24-105-L 17-40 L 35/1.4 85/1.8 yougnuo 565 ex 580 ex and lots of other canon stuff.canon 70-200 2.8 L

Narwhal
Goldmember
1,041 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 27, 2014 18:43 |  #24

Read: FLASH BOYS by Michael Lewis

And then invest all your life savings and all you can borrow from all your relatives and friends!

JIM

Frank ­ H
635 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 28, 2014 15:49 |  #25

Watch 60 Minutes tonight.

Gear List
Flickr (external link)

moose10101
registered smartass
1,715 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2010

Sep 29, 2014 10:42 |  #26

Judsonzhao wrote in post #17177067 (external link)
The way ZhiFuBao acts is actually better than it of Paypal. It acts like a real 3rd party. As a buyer, your payment goes into ZhiFuBao, NOT to the seller, and until you receive the item, confirm it matches the description, then you hit yes, the payment then goes to the seller.

What happens if the buyer clicks "No"? What's the process?

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 29, 2014 10:45 |  #27

moose10101 wrote in post #17183823 (external link)

You open a dispute

Judsonzhao
Goldmember
1,198 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 29, 2014 10:47 |  #28

moose10101 wrote in post #17183823 (external link)

It's going to be similar as Ebay case escalating process, they will take charge and investigate while communicating with both seller and buyer. Since the money neither stay in seller's or buyer's pocket, it's easier to be retreated

Fly me away.

sponsored links

5,233 views & 0 likes for this thread
Got AliBaba?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.