Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Jul 2007 (Wednesday) 17:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Red Ring Tupperware Party, Autumnal Equinoctal Edition (24)

LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,339 posts
Gallery: 205 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 28, 2014 16:57 as a reply to  @ post 17182505 |  #6916

It's a mystery.

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

sponsored links
Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,158 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 28, 2014 22:18 |  #6917

I'm kinda bitter. I was asked by my sister at the last minute to put up a photo booth at her reception. As it was a family function, I rigged up a foot switch which would allow anyone to walk in and take a photo. Her friends are all artists from around the country, so this was set up for their benefit. On going through the photos of about 600 photo's, 25% of them contain pictures of one 11 y.o. niece. And it would appear that she was hogging the booth so others weren't free to walk in and get a couple of snaps. I would find 25 shots of her then 1 shot of a guest, them another series with her. I'm upset that she probably denied many guests the opportunity to utilize the booth, and it made it appear as a kids toy. I'm at a loss ...

IMAGE: http://r4smiles.smugmug.com/Weddings/Beth-Mark-Wedding-PB-2014/i-sK5FfGk/0/XL/BethWeddingPB2014-1-87-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://r4smiles.smugmug.com/Weddings/Beth-Mark-Wedding-PB-2014/i-ncd99B2/0/XL/BethWeddingPB2014-1-23-XL.jpg

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,281 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 28, 2014 22:42 |  #6918

That's rather annoying!

An 11 year old should know better, parents should supervise better, and other family members should say something. Not to beat on anyone I don't know, but that's unfortunate for you and others.

Melody

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 28, 2014 23:13 |  #6919

I've never seen a foot trigger, that's neat!

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

Greg_C
Cream of the Crop
12,674 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2005

Sep 29, 2014 02:22 |  #6920

I love the foot trigger idea also.

Greg
Blog (external link) | Photogallery (external link) | 1DmkIV + other stuff
Sanity is a madness put to good use.

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,822 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 29, 2014 06:03 |  #6921

Chet wrote in post #17183053 (external link)
I'm kinda bitter. I was asked by my sister at the last minute to put up a photo booth at her reception. As it was a family function, I rigged up a foot switch which would allow anyone to walk in and take a photo. Her friends are all artists from around the country, so this was set up for their benefit. On going through the photos of about 600 photo's, 25% of them contain pictures of one 11 y.o. niece. And it would appear that she was hogging the booth so others weren't free to walk in and get a couple of snaps. I would find 25 shots of her then 1 shot of a guest, them another series with her. I'm upset that she probably denied many guests the opportunity to utilize the booth, and it made it appear as a kids toy. I'm at a loss ...

I wouldn't be too hard on her. It sounds more like being a 11 year old kid bored out of her minds and she was using the booth when others weren't.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,158 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 29, 2014 08:29 |  #6922

Skrim17 wrote in post #17183115 (external link)
I've never seen a foot trigger, that's neat!

It's a foot switch for a tattoo machine. It has a normally open switch like the Canon remote, so I just put a 2.5mm connector on it. I also purchased a 12' extension cord with the correct ends to give me the distance to the camera. It worked great.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

gjl711
54,822 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 29, 2014 09:32 |  #6923

Stranger Danger..

LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,339 posts
Gallery: 205 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 29, 2014 09:56 |  #6924

Chet wrote in post #17183616 (external link)
I said, what's up? He said "nothing much", turned around and quickly disappeared into the brush.

Maybe he thought you were hitting on him, and wanted you to follow. You mighta missed out, fella.

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Sep 29, 2014 17:44 as a reply to  @ LV Moose's post |  #6925

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #17181811 (external link)
Super jealous!!

Someday I will get to go interior camping. Algonquin National Park is relatively close by and is the destination to head to for interior trips. I just don't have the friends willing to go.
As much as I love canoes, I would want to be in a kayak.

My wife has been going on about using a kayak, and on this trip my brother brought one, so needing another kayak my wife jumped at the chance to use one. Her brother did half the paddling with me, then my wife gladly traded with him for the last half.

My tandem canoe is just as fast as a single kayak, can carry more gear which is all more accessible, and for me is WAY more comfortable. I can put my knees up, stretch my legs straight out, or kneel if I want. There is a reason that as folks age, then tend to canoes more and more. :)

Skrim17 wrote in post #17181887 (external link)
We had some interesting clouds but no rain the other day, made for a dramatic sunset.

Cool looking skies.

-JIM-

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,281 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 29, 2014 19:20 |  #6926

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #17184629 (external link)
My wife has been going on about using a kayak, and on this trip my brother brought one, so needing another kayak my wife jumped at the chance to use one. Her brother did half the paddling with me, then my wife gladly traded with him for the last half.

My tandem canoe is just as fast as a single kayak, can carry more gear which is all more accessible, and for me is WAY more comfortable. I can put my knees up, stretch my legs straight out, or kneel if I want. There is a reason that as folks age, then tend to canoes more and more. :)

Canoes and kayaks both have their benefits and downfalls. Canoes definitely excel at carrying gear, keeping everything accessible, and having more flexibility. Plus the ability to carry the all important four legged travelling buddy. I do love canoes. But, as a single person, a kayak would get more use. There is lots of water around here, and I'd love the ability to just go and explore. I like the low seating of a kayak, and I prefer the paddling. Ideally, I'd have both.

Melody

gjl711
54,822 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 29, 2014 20:18 |  #6927

We are looking for a canoe. I actually like to use a long kayak paddle for canoeing. It's much more efficient and easier than switching sides. This (external link)is the one we have an eye out for. Seen some used ones for about $300

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,281 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 29, 2014 20:50 |  #6928

I dislike seeing canoes and kayaks left abandoned in people's yards. Right now I'm working part time for a friend and at one location where we cut the lawn, there is a nice canoe in the backyard. Judging by the amount of dirt on it, it hasn't been in water in way too long.
A friend of mine has a cedar strip canoe that he rarely uses. It could use some work to get it back into really nice condition. Several years ago I borrowed it early in the summer and kept it for a few months. Problem with it was it was too heavy for one person to lift onto the top of a truck.

I'd like to have a canoe to take out with a friend, the dog, gear, etc. But I would get more use out of a kayak. Being so close to the lake, the river, lots of small rivers/big creeks, and small lakes/reservoirs, I have endless areas to explore. Don't have to plan out big trips, just head to the lake after work for an hour.

Melody

gjl711
54,822 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 29, 2014 21:57 |  #6929

I live close to a rather large lake as we.. The water is actually only 500 feet from the house but the first portage area is a few blocks away.

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,281 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 29, 2014 23:00 |  #6930

That is nice and close. Get/make a cart for it and just walk to the water. 4 kms down the road there is easy enough access to Bear Creek. It's fairly big and goes right through Petrolia. I want to paddle it.

Melody

sponsored links

1,842,289 views & 3,137 likes for this thread
Red Ring Tupperware Party, Autumnal Equinoctal Edition (24)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.