TeamSpeed wrote in post #17179189
Okay, what you are seeing is all ACR/PS related.
My notes are as such, based on looking at your shooting parameters in DPP, and everything I am calling out is through DPP.
- You have ALO turned on, you want that off, it just adds noise.
- You have no sharpening turned on.
- Your focus is off, the items in the background are much more in focus than the foreground, so you need to sharpen much more than you should, which sharpens your noise.
- You shot this with the 10-18 at 14mm, does that lens really resolve detail that you would need for a shot like this? I don't know much about that lens. The 7D will eat up lenses and spit them out. I found that out the hard way. Put a great quality lens on the 7D, and it will resolve detail wonderfully, like the 17-55 IS. Also, at 14mm with such a lens, you probably have noticed that the 2 ladies at each end of the frame are distorted wide, and there are ways to pull them back in, but that will take some work as well.
In DPP, all I changed was:
- Turned off ALO
- Took your 2 NR sliders, added 1 to the Lum slider, and subtracted 1 from the chroma slider
- Put your sharpening to 2
- Tweak the WB
I will now work on the JPG later this evening, but this is the best you are going to get, simply because your lens focused beyond your subjects, they seem to just fall barely within your DOF for where your AF point is, thus why they have no real detail. Your cleaned up version is actually pretty good, and might be hard to beat. However the noise you see in the file before you edit is from the raw conversion itself, not from the sensor.
Oh my!! I didn't see all this info.. wow!! Thanks a lot!
I will change those parameters like ALO because I didn't know that it adds noise, also I will check about sharpening.
I just checked the focus and I it is on the chest of one of the grooms (check the image)
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
About the lens, I think I need to upgrade to a better quality lens, I was thinking to get the 17-55 IS or 24-70 f2.8, until now I've been working with that lens (10-22) with good details and quality (final result) but if I want to work doing this kind of events will be good to get a better quality.
Once again, thank you, I really appreciate all your help.