Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 30 Sep 2014 (Tuesday) 07:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

He wants what?

moose10101
registered smartass
1,678 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2010

Oct 02, 2014 09:11 |  #31

juicedownload wrote in post #17188993 (external link)
Yeah 10 USD is probably a day or two worth of pay there for the lower class. So it's understandable.

I think having any kind of hobby, much less photography, would be difficult on $5/day. He's not that poor.

sponsored links
HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 02, 2014 21:37 |  #32

WillMeades wrote in post #17185758 (external link)
thanks for all of the replies...I've never sold a prin
-will

so you don't sell photography, and when someone wants your photo to print for his wall you react by being rather rude with a non sequitur response? Step back and think about it.

If you were excited about this you could have offered to make and ship him the print he wanted - at your cost (having him pay for it first but only for your costs of printing and shipping otherwise it's a sale and there's sales tac, merchant numbers, etc)...Since you aren't into selling prints.

gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,228 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 02, 2014 23:21 |  #33

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #17190954 (external link)
so you don't sell photography, and when someone wants your photo to print for his wall you react by being rather rude with a non sequitur response? Step back and think about it.

If you were excited about this you could have offered to make and ship him the print he wanted - at your cost (having him pay for it first but only for your costs of printing and shipping otherwise it's a sale and there's sales tac, merchant numbers, etc)...Since you aren't into selling prints.

Because he lives to serve some stranger in s foreign land?

noxcuses1
889 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 03, 2014 16:44 |  #34

Not able to read this entire thread, but does the OP realize that the full resolution image can be downloaded for FREE from his site?

WillMeades
THREAD ­ STARTER
675 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 03, 2014 19:21 |  #35

noxcuses1 wrote in post #17192309 (external link)
Not able to read this entire thread, but does the OP realize that the full resolution image can be downloaded for FREE from his site?

it's password protected. I was working on another option for the guy, so I permitted original download with password access (haven't given it out yet). Shipping to Malaysia for this one photo is about $50 alone. So maybe he and I will work something out.

“too much stuff, too little time"
WillMeades (external link)

WillMeades
THREAD ­ STARTER
675 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 03, 2014 19:31 |  #36

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #17190954 (external link)

If you would have read my posts, you would have realized that I still was not selling the photo. He was paying a lab for printing and shipping. NOTHING comes to me. The cost would have been more if I would have ordered it and then shipped it to him for my cost because of the initial shipping to me. He made it plain that he was not going to spend any money.

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,163 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 04, 2014 05:39 |  #37

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #17185694 (external link)
Why do you need to know his occupation and what social media sites he is on? Weird questions to ask a potential customer.

Why not just quote prices for various size prints (excluding shipping) and see what his response is.

WillMeades wrote in post #17185713 (external link)
I don't think it's so weird to ask when a stranger asks for a full resolution file. I have had other photographer friends that have had their photos stolen and sold by others and/or used on those photographers' sites to promote themselves. Now if he would have just asked me how he could get a print, that would be another story.

I work for a very secret and exclusive U.S. Government security agency. My job is to keep you and every other U.S. citizen safe. Also, because of the nature of the job I am not active on social media.

See how easy that was? It's not true, but see how easy it was?

What makes you think that asking anybody any question guarantees a truthful answer? (good gawd, especially on the internet)

Your whole initial reply was about as lame as they come.

Website (external link) |

WillMeades
THREAD ­ STARTER
675 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 04, 2014 07:17 |  #38

Picture North Carolina wrote in post #17193007 (external link)
I work for a very secret and exclusive U.S. Government security agency. My job is to keep you and every other U.S. citizen safe. Also, because of the nature of the job I am not active on social media.

See how easy that was? It's not true, but see how easy it was?

What makes you think that asking anybody any question guarantees a truthful answer? (good gawd, especially on the internet)

Your whole initial reply was about as lame as they come.

great reply! if you read the thread you would have read that I have taken constructive criticism and made corrections. I'm on here to learn. But just as a few others on this thread that take the opportunity to flame, you offer no suggestions. Hey...but I bet you feel all better about yourself!

edit: oh, by the way...very sharp site, looks like you do some very nice work!

WillMeades
THREAD ­ STARTER
675 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 04, 2014 07:33 as a reply to  @ WillMeades's post |  #39

So here's what I learned...
1. I should have been concise with my reply. I should have simply stated that I do not give out original/high resolution files, but will gladly make some arrangement for him to purchase a print.
2. Don't be so over the top with my reaction...that one was obvious!

thanks to all who gave constructive/blunt criticism. I take it like a man, learn from it and make corrections. For those few who could only muster derrogitory/flaming replies and offer no suggestions; you were quite entertaining and I am glad I could be a small part of making you feel better about yourselves.

Oh, I'm still waiting to hear back about making a photo file ready for print. I really do want to know...

sponsored links

4,559 views & 0 likes for this thread
He wants what?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.