Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 05 Oct 2014 (Sunday) 15:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D Mark ii Canon Japan website images

stmarcink
80 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 05, 2014 15:59 |  #1

Snooping around for new images from the 7D Mark ii. Found a few on the Canon Japan web site. http://cweb.canon.jp/e​os/special/7dmk2/galle​ry/ (external link)

sponsored links
peteg1
Goldmember
1,424 posts
Gallery: 186 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 05, 2014 16:04 |  #2

Thanks, images look good.

Zenfolio (external link)
Gear List

96whiteknight
PERMANENT BAN
2,046 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 05, 2014 18:40 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

This deserves its own thread? :confused:

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,393 posts
Gallery: 486 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Oct 05, 2014 20:59 |  #4

At this size all pictures even a point'n shot looks good ...
But those ones at ISO 6400 (1 with a bird (look at the bokeh), few air planes (the sky is an horror), some basket ball (heavy PP, they are soft now)) don't look good at all and at this size (so small picture, they look like thumbnails) they should look very good, which is not the case here :rolleyes:

More i look at the 7D2 pictures found across internet, more i told myself ... "a lot of people will be disappointed" :lol:

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

stmarcink
THREAD ­ STARTER
80 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 05, 2014 22:06 |  #5

96whiteknight wrote in post #17195642 (external link)

Just thought I would share. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 06, 2014 04:58 |  #6

96whiteknight wrote in post #17195642 (external link)

This deserves its own post? ;)

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

Submariner
Goldmember
3,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Oct 06, 2014 05:42 |  #7

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17195882 (external link)
At this size all pictures even a point'n shot looks good ...
But those ones at ISO 6400 (1 with a bird (look at the bokeh), few air planes (the sky is an horror), some basket ball (heavy PP, they are soft now)) don't look good at all and at this size (so small picture, they look like thumbnails) they should look very good, which is not the case here :rolleyes:

More i look at the 7D2 pictures found across internet, more i told myself ... "a lot of people will be disappointed" :lol:

In fairness, I still dont understand displaying images on forums, the effects of downsizing or compression etc. i.e. Why some images look good or some display poor IQ / resolution.

But if I look at the pictures say on the 1DX ( a fairly low MPS camera ) thread, many of those images really have "pop" ...
and then I look at these 7D2 images ..... Wow if I had pre-ordered, I would be straight on the phone to back out of it.
For me they are so horrible, resolution wise, I would not take the chance buying - well not until at least I had seen quite a lot of good ones. ( so I could put these down to a bad Tog )

And if this was the price one had to pay to get cheap "reach", then I would develop a very rapid interest in Landscapes!
And if I were Canon, I seriously would hire Teamspeed to get a decent photset on the net. Bluntly he is the only guy, that I think could make the 7DII images look really good.

Initially I thought this was a great camera spec wise - it ticked all the boxes; but the resolution uuuugh!
Go Compare $ for $ the resolution on the A7R.

Practically if Canon can't build good sensors, then just admit it, and OEM some Sony ones until you can.
Anyone disagree ....
Sure tons of you will,
.. but if so then just put up one really high quality image taken with this camera..
- dont know how you do it - but with a link so when I Click on it I can see the full file size!

I am so glad I went the 5D3 route.

I'm only saying this in the hope Canon read this forum - hell they should be monitoring this site for real customer awareness.

For now I am alright with the 5D3 , and I love the lenses and 600 Speedlights

But I am seriously worried long term. Had they banged this model out in a couple of years, as an upgrade - fair enough. But after 5 years - it spells to me that this sensor element is the most important component.
And they really dont know how to build competitive sensors.
Its like building a super car but your engine technolgy is pants! ��

Canon EOS 5DS R, Canon EF 70-200 F2.8 L Mk II IS USM, Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 L IS USM, EF 40mm F2.8 STM , RC6 Remote. Canon STE-3 Radio Flash Controller, Canon 600 EX RT x4 , YN 560 MkII x2 ; Bowens GM500PRO x4 , Bowens Remote Control. Bowens Pulsar TX, RX Radio Transmitter and Reciever Cards. Bowens Constant 530 Streamlights 600w x 4 Sold EOS 5D Mk III, 7D, EF 50mm F1.8, 430 EX Mk II, Bowens GM500Rs x4

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,393 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Oct 06, 2014 06:12 |  #8

Submariner wrote in post #17196385 (external link)
In fairness, I still dont understand displaying images on forums, the effects of downsizing or compression etc. i.e. Why some images look good or some display poor IQ / resolution.

But if I look at the pictures say on the 1DX ( a fairly low MPS camera ) thread, many of those images really have "pop" ...
and then I look at these 7D2 images ..... Wow if I had pre-ordered, I would be straight on the phone to back out of it.
For me they are so horrible, resolution wise, I would not take the chance buying - well not until at least I had seen quite a lot of good ones. ( so I could put these down to a bad Tog )

And if this was the price one had to pay to get cheap "reach", then I would develop a very rapid interest in Landscapes!
And if I were Canon, I seriously would hire Teamspeed to get a decent photset on the net. Bluntly he is the only guy, that I think could make the 7DII images look really good.

Initially I thought this was a great camera spec wise - it ticked all the boxes; but the resolution uuuugh!
Go Compare $ for $ the resolution on the A7R.

Practically if Canon can't build good sensors, then just admit it, and OEM some Sony ones until you can.
Anyone disagree ....
Sure tons of you will,
.. but if so then just put up one really high quality image taken with this camera..
- dont know how you do it - but with a link so when I Click on it I can see the full file size!

I am so glad I went the 5D3 route.

I'm only saying this in the hope Canon read this forum - hell they should be monitoring this site for real customer awareness.

For now I am alright with the 5D3 , and I love the lenses and 600 Speedlights

But I am seriously worried long term. Had they banged this model out in a couple of years, as an upgrade - fair enough. But after 5 years - it spells to me that this sensor element is the most important component.
And they really dont know how to build competitive sensors.
Its like building a super car but your engine technolgy is pants! ��

I wanted to be kind with those pictures :lol: , but yes you are telling the truth ;)
What is funny is, i also, thought about TeamSpeed the first time i saw some ISO tests made by i-dont-remember, i told myself "Long life to TeamSpeed and his photoshop actions denoiser for 7D2" ;) (with all respects to TeamSpeed !)

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

Mathmans
338 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 06, 2014 06:23 |  #9

Nothing special about those photos; sorry.

My photos:
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/149610703@N05/ (external link)

moltengold
Goldmember
4,296 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Oct 06, 2014 06:51 |  #10

the colors same like the 70D colors
Thanks for sharing

| Canon EOS | and some canon lenses

aladyforty
Goldmember
4,284 posts
Gallery: 350 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 06, 2014 07:44 |  #11

If people can get stunning images out of a 7d or 70D why would they not get the same out of an improved model. you cant judge a few shots online

FUJI XT3 CANON 5D3 & a bunch of lenses for both
https://500px.com/alad​yforty (external link) https://www.flickr.com​/photos/25426422@N00/ (external link)

iwannabe
250 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 06, 2014 07:50 |  #12

I don't get the hate for a camera that has yet to be released. Looking at the images it appears to me that most of them lack post processing.
I've had great success with the 7D doing concert shoots this year. Is the the 7D2 a worthwhile upgrade for me? Probably not since I'm after better ISO in low light. But if I were in the market for an upgrade, heck yeah.
My next move will probably be the 6D or 5D3 for the low light capabilities but have no plans to get rid of the 7D. It will continue to serve me well.
There is no reason that I see that the 7D2 would not do the same. I certainly would not discourage anyone from buying it.

Cameras: Canon 5D Mark III, 7D Mark II, Flashes: Canon 420EX, 580EX1
Lens: Canon 50 1.8II, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 17-55 2.8, Canon 24-70 F4.0,Sigma 30 1.4, Canon 70-200 F4/L IS, Tokina 11-16 2.8II, Tamron 70-200 2.8

Submariner
Goldmember
3,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Oct 06, 2014 07:57 |  #13

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17196405 (external link)
I wanted to be kind with those pictures :lol: , but yes you are telling the truth ;)
What is funny is, i also, thought about TeamSpeed the first time i saw some ISO tests made by i-dont-remember, i told myself "Long life to TeamSpeed and his photoshop actions denoiser for 7D2" ;) (with all respects to TeamSpeed !)

I concurr.
But am a little less understanding. I Think if you buy a 2014 generation camera you should get an image quality comparable to todays technology, WITHOUT HAVING TO BE A GENIUS IN POST PROCESSING.
A) Because I am not brilliant at it
B) Because having spent the money, why should I have to to go to the trouble of struggling with x mfg , when y mfg does it automatically.
C) one should compare things on a level playing field, for example "to my eyes" the file straight out of a D810 is considerablly better than straight out of a 5D3. Its not a valid aurgument to say well if you are a genius at post you can make it a lot better ( or nearly as good ) !
My answer would be ...."well what would the D810 file look like after Teamspeed had transformed it" and I shudder to see what the comparison would be if one compared a Teamspeed enhanced D810 against a 5D3 image straight out of the camera."
The word " Scary" springs to mind.

Please note, I do differentiate between say utilising Teamspeed's knowledge 'in how to make the camera take a better picture, or control the AF system better' than utilising post production to enhance the image.

I like honesty, say it as it is!
Just because I have £8K invested in Canon gear, doesnt mean I have to try and fool myself this sensor issue is not a Big one!

Likewise, I See nothing wrong in some temporary OEM sensor subcontracting ( say for 3 to 5 years ) i.e. until Canon are in a postion to Leapfrog Nikon or Sony.

I had to do this in business myself, within 18 months the smallest division in the company was generating the most profit. And My company car went from a 325 BMW to a Porsche 911.
Once we had cracked our problem, we brought the subcontracted work back in house! And never looked back. We always kept the support in house - for safety reasons.

Seems a bloody obvious solution for Canon in my mind. or buynthe Sony Sensor division if Canon dont have anything amazing in the pipeline.

Canon EOS 5DS R, Canon EF 70-200 F2.8 L Mk II IS USM, Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 L IS USM, EF 40mm F2.8 STM , RC6 Remote. Canon STE-3 Radio Flash Controller, Canon 600 EX RT x4 , YN 560 MkII x2 ; Bowens GM500PRO x4 , Bowens Remote Control. Bowens Pulsar TX, RX Radio Transmitter and Reciever Cards. Bowens Constant 530 Streamlights 600w x 4 Sold EOS 5D Mk III, 7D, EF 50mm F1.8, 430 EX Mk II, Bowens GM500Rs x4

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,393 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Oct 06, 2014 08:19 |  #14

aladyforty wrote in post #17196494 (external link)
If people can get stunning images out of a 7d or 70D why would they not get the same out of an improved model. you cant judge a few shots online

We never said "they can't get the same IQ", and it's all about that, that we are speaking ... The "same" IQ for an "improved" model, but not an "improved" IQ for an "improved" model ;)

iwannabe wrote in post #17196513 (external link)
I don't get the hate for a camera that has yet to be released. Looking at the images it appears to me that most of them lack post processing.
I've had great success with the 7D doing concert shoots this year. Is the the 7D2 a worthwhile upgrade for me? Probably not since I'm after better ISO in low light. But if I were in the market for an upgrade, heck yeah.
My next move will probably be the 6D or 5D3 for the low light capabilities but have no plans to get rid of the 7D. It will continue to serve me well.
There is no reason that I see that the 7D2 would not do the same. I certainly would not discourage anyone from buying it.

No hater here, just speaking, just speaking ;)

Paulstw
827 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Oct 06, 2014 08:21 |  #15

If this 7D2 helped me achieve a greater keeper rate over the 5D3 when shooting football/soccer then it's worth switching, however, a lot of the sports picture desks are now expecting images to come from full frame cameras, so I don't know where this camera is placed in the world.

I can see it being a wildlife camera at best and a hobby sports

sponsored links

3,796 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D Mark ii Canon Japan website images
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.