Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 16 Sep 2014 (Tuesday) 20:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Landscape Website - Looking for a Critique

dkizzle
Goldmember
1,184 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 26, 2014 10:06 |  #16

He is from Canada :) They use funny money over there ;)

I want to guest blog on your Landscape / Travel photography blog, PM for details

Karl ­ Johnston
Cream of the Crop
9,334 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 26, 2014 10:57 |  #17
bannedPermanent ban

dkizzle wrote in post #17178767 (external link)
He is from Canada :) They use funny money over there ;)

You're just jealous our money is prettier ;)

Adventurous Photographer, Writer (external link) & Wedding Photographer (external link)

DoughnutPhoto
513 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2014

Oct 02, 2014 12:37 as a reply to  @ Karl Johnston's post |  #18

When i saw the link i was like... how long is that thing?

I'd seriously consider having a bit of fun with the name and change it to either "Newfound Landscape Photography" or just "Newfound Photography". Newfound has a new kind of ring to it and it still points to Newfoundland.

I don't think "Landscape" adds anything of value to the name. People will make that out at first glance on your site and surely your business cards and the fact that they saw you pointing your camera at the landscape rather than a model.

Here is a little thing I noticed in your ordering page:
"We sell Newfoundland Landscape Photography in two forms: digital files and physical format (prints, canvas, plaque mount)." You're actually saying you are selling your company. You might want to re read your texts and get the little things out ;).

(btw: I am bookmarking your site to use it for inspiration and learning to improve my own photography ;))

Canon 5d, 60d, 17-40mm L, 30mm Art, 50mm, 85mm

DoughnutPhoto
513 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2014

Oct 02, 2014 12:44 |  #19

Hmmm. Browsing a bit more.

Your Q&A section is geared at photographers it seems. Why are you mentioning RAW, apertures and such on your website?

In your gallery you mention "The vast majority of landscape photos are in a 2x3, 4x6, 12x18 or 24x36 aspect ratio." When I convert that to the actual aspect ratio's, that is 2x3, 2x3, 2x3 or 2x3. That doesn't scream professionalism to me. Again, just go over the texts again :).

And, perhaps more importantly, will the $75 and $125 photographs have their watermark removed? That seems like serious money and in that case I wouldn't want to have to pay for the advertisement. (although I leave that business decision to your own vision :))

Canon 5d, 60d, 17-40mm L, 30mm Art, 50mm, 85mm

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 08, 2014 17:03 |  #20

DoughnutPhoto wrote in post #17190139 (external link)
Hmmm. Browsing a bit more.

Your Q&A section is geared at photographers it seems. Why are you mentioning RAW, apertures and such on your website?

In your gallery you mention "The vast majority of landscape photos are in a 2x3, 4x6, 12x18 or 24x36 aspect ratio." When I convert that to the actual aspect ratio's, that is 2x3, 2x3, 2x3 or 2x3. That doesn't scream professionalism to me. Again, just go over the texts again :).
)

Agree with these. A photographer's website should be about the images and services without mentioning gear or software.

And there's mention of "we" on some pages but the "about" is all about Zach which would be "I". And the beginning of the 4th paragraph on the about page doesn't read well with that punctuation. Plus you mention Allie only once without saying anything about her.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,842 views & 0 likes for this thread
Landscape Website - Looking for a Critique
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.