Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 07 Oct 2014 (Tuesday) 15:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Good news.

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 07, 2014 15:23 |  #1

"George Lepp’s Comments on the 7D II

George called BIRDS AS ART yesterday to order a copy of The Art of Flower Photography, the inspiring and instructive new eBook by Denise Ippolito and yours truly. Thinking that he was calling about shipping the 7D II I picked up the phone. He kept saying that he was paying and I kept telling him that he was not. I prevailed in the long run.
I asked George about the quality of the 7D II image files. He said, “You will love the camera and the image quality. The images are quite similar to those from the 5D Mark III.” Then I asked with some trepidation, “What about noise?” George replied, “The same as the 5D III.”
Wow, it is looking as if the 7D II might be a lightweight 1.6 crop factor body with 1D X AF and 5D III image quality and relatively low noise. I can’t wait!"

http://www.birdsasart-blog.com …-7d-ii-this-could-be-you/ (external link)

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

sponsored links
GeoKras1989
Goldmember
4,038 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2014

Oct 07, 2014 16:15 |  #2
bannedPermanent ban

DarthVader wrote in post #17199699 (external link)

George called BIRDS AS ART yesterday to order a copy of The Art of Flower Photography, the inspiring and instructive new eBook by Denise Ippolito and yours truly. Thinking that he was calling about shipping the 7D II I picked up the phone. He kept saying that he was paying and I kept telling him that he was not. I prevailed in the long run.
I asked George about the quality of the 7D II image files. He said, “You will love the camera and the image quality. The images are quite similar to those from the 5D Mark III.” Then I asked with some trepidation, “What about noise?” George replied, “The same as the 5D III.”
Wow, it is looking as if the 7D II might be a lightweight 1.6 crop factor body with 1D X AF and 5D III image quality and relatively low noise. I can’t wait!"

I hate to rain on your parade, but those are mutually exclusive attributes.

WARNING: I often dispense advice in fields I know little about!

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 10, 2014 15:56 |  #3

DarthVader wrote in post #17199699 (external link)

He works for or is given Canon gear to use. You think he's going to say anything but great things?

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,456 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 10, 2014 16:14 |  #4

Just a few more weeks and we'll begin to see for sure. I do like what I'm reading in various places. My inner optimism meter is trending upward. :)

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, Sigma 35mm F/1.2, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,004 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Oct 10, 2014 22:17 |  #5

Either he is lying or is being deceitful, or he meant what he said, those are the only two options you have available.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

panicatnabisco
968 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 10, 2014 23:26 |  #6

Wow, people really hate it when positive reviews are published about the 7DII

Canon 1DX | 6D | 16-35/2.8II | 24-70/2.8II | 50/1.8 | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 85/1.4 | 100/2.8 IS macro | 200mm f/2 | 400/2.8 IS II | 2xIII
Leica M8.2 | Noctilux 50 f/1 | Elmarit 90/2.8
afimages.net (external link) | Facebook (external link) | flickr (external link)

patrol50
416 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 10, 2014 23:46 |  #7

panicatnabisco wrote in post #17206392 (external link)
Wow, people really hate it when positive reviews are published about the 7DII

no quite the contrary :rolleyes: we actually like it ( particularly those of us with an order in the system ) but the one small issue is these are comments by knowledgable camera savvy folk who have some association with canon so at this point they are not real world totally independent reviews by folk with no vested interest in there current or future association with canon - that does not mean to say they are not right but there has to be some element of doubt there !!!!

but It does seem that they all have one thing in common - lots of positives and not much negativity ( which is not surprising of course but then you feel some would slip the odd negative comment in there if they did perceive a real problem ) and so that is looking very promising :lol:
cheers rob

C:- 7D Mk11 ; 7Dc ; 600D & SX10 IS / L:- EFS 10-22 f3.5-4.5 USM ; 55-250 f4-5.6 IS 11; 18 -200 f3.5-5.6 IS ; & EF 16- 35 f4 L IS USM , 24-105 f4 L IS USM; 70-200 f4 L IS USM; 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS 1 USM (V1 and V11); + C 1.4 Ext Mk3 & Tam 150 - 600 f5-6.3 DI VC USD.

sponsored links

1,348 views & 0 likes for this thread
Good news.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.