Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 15 Oct 2014 (Wednesday) 12:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2000$ worth of Photography ebooks - just for 89$???

tandemhearts
583 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Oct 16, 2014 13:22 |  #31

Xyclopx wrote in post #17216485 (external link)
FYI the website where you "order" the service doesn't even put the thing in your checkout cart anymore. So u can't even try out the code. It's all fd up.

I just tested the link in the email that I got it took me to the page with the Buy Now button. Pressed the Buy Now button and it put it in my cart, easy peasy.

sponsored links
MYC1313
44 posts
Joined Aug 2014

Oct 16, 2014 13:24 |  #32

Xyclopx wrote in post #17216485 (external link)
FYI the website where you "order" the service doesn't even put the thing in your checkout cart anymore. So u can't even try out the code. It's all fd up.

I just wrote them an email complaining that download #2 is jacked up, and that this product is unpurchaseable too.

Well whatever it is, if it says 10k downloads, they're not there yet. I also remember seeing their original goal for charity was 80k which would make sense as that would have been 10k downloads.

Xyclopx
Goldmember
1,714 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 16, 2014 13:26 |  #33

tandemhearts wrote in post #17216495 (external link)
I just tested the link in the email that I got it took me to the page with the Buy Now button. Pressed the Buy Now button and it put it in my cart, easy peasy.

i just tried again. different computer, different browser. yeah, the cart works correctly now. but... still says, "Coupon usage limit has been reached."

I'm guessing what happened was some bad programming and that someone leaked a coupon code and thus nonpurchasers bought this. Just a guess.

Dean Chiang (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear (external link)
My Photos (external link)
Instagram @xyclopx (external link) @feetandeyes (external link) @gastramour (external link)

MYC1313
44 posts
Joined Aug 2014

Oct 16, 2014 13:47 |  #34

I'm gonna go ahead and purchase it, I'll let you know how my downloads go lol

taemo
Goldmember
1,243 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Oct 16, 2014 16:27 as a reply to  @ post 17216485 |  #35

I contacted DPM this morning and they have suggested me to contact support@5daydeal.com (external link) regarding the coupon limit.

Here's DPMs response

It seems it was a system error on the sale end from the 5 Day Deal website - please email support@5daydeal.com (external link) and they will send you a new code.

will let you know when I receive the new code

earldieta.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - tumblr (external link) - gear/feedback
the spirit is willing but the body is sore and squishy
4 digital cameras | 14 film cameras

adza77
652 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 16, 2014 17:20 |  #36

For someone who hasn't really been into eBooks before, can someone tell me how this all works?

In particular do I require specialized software or specific devices (like kindle?) to view because of DRM restrictions, or can I just view them on my computer using adobe reader, etc?

Same deal with the video's. Do I require an account to link them to - or can I just play them?

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln

MYC1313
44 posts
Joined Aug 2014

Oct 16, 2014 17:44 |  #37

adza77 wrote in post #17216874 (external link)
For someone who hasn't really been into eBooks before, can someone tell me how this all works?

In particular do I require specialized software or specific devices (like kindle?) to view because of DRM restrictions, or can I just view them on my computer using adobe reader, etc?

Same deal with the video's. Do I require an account to link them to - or can I just play them?

It seems like most, if not all the eBooks are in PDF format meaning you'll be able to view them on your computer as long as you have Adobe. All of the vdo's that I've quickly opened and skimmed through so far are mp3
Been downloading all day and still going..

Xyclopx
Goldmember
1,714 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 16, 2014 18:27 |  #38

taemo wrote in post #17216794 (external link)
I contacted DPM this morning and they have suggested me to contact support@5daydeal.com (external link) regarding the coupon limit.

Here's DPMs response

will let you know when I receive the new code

They just sent me all new codes for everything. Also they said to try to unpackage the zip with problems with:

http://www.7-zip.org/ (external link)

I didn't try yet.

Dean Chiang (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear (external link)
My Photos (external link)
Instagram @xyclopx (external link) @feetandeyes (external link) @gastramour (external link)

Talley
Talley Whacker
11,091 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Oct 16, 2014 19:37 |  #39

taemo wrote in post #17216124 (external link)
just tried and not working for me, getting "Coupon usage limit has been reached."

downloading all the stuff right now, made sure that the ebooks(PDF) all opens fine and Zack's One Light 2.0 video plays.

I bought last night and just tried my code and it worked. 0 bucks.

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

gremlin75
Goldmember
2,738 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 17, 2014 00:20 |  #40

I might have to jump in on this. Been wanting to get Onelight 2.0 anyways. So now I can spend a couple bucks more on it and get a whole bunch of other stuff I don't need and will have to find a way to use :D

Though the limit on the Portrait Lighting on Location is a bummer.

MYC1313
44 posts
Joined Aug 2014

Oct 17, 2014 01:11 |  #41

I bought the package this morning and have been dling on and off all day. Hadn't submitted my code for the Portrait Lighting until literally 2 minutes ago...
Worked just fine.
They're still not at 80k in charity donations which would lead me to believe that anyone who is still purchasing the bundle should be able to get usable codes..

StarJack
618 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 17, 2014 01:23 |  #42

Thanks for the heads up! I have not encountered any codes or files that did not work. I'm only about half way through the downloads, and have to get some rest. (The Topaz remask is version 4.)

Regards,
Steve

Calzor ­ Suzay
53 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 17, 2014 07:29 |  #43

Only code issue I've found so far is the Photigy one for splash photography, emailed support and they replied back about an hour later with a new working code and codes for the others which where working as well. Maybe this explains why they seem to run out of codes before the target.

ajayclicks
890 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 17, 2014 08:03 |  #44

What I am most puzzled about is, that I cannot see any mention of some products being limited to the first 10K downloads. All the page says is that the sale is good till a certain date.

https://www.instagram.​com/ajaygargphotograph​y/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/ajaygargphotography (external link)http://flickr.com/phot​os/ajayclicks (external link)

ekraahi
216 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Oct 17, 2014 08:35 as a reply to  @ ajayclicks's post |  #45

Jumped on the opportunity and still downloading but I also got the Photigy error and my code isn't working. Have dropped an email to support and waiting to hear back.

Anybody facing this issue recently? I purchased the package last night.

Surya @ New Jersey
Canon 5D MKIII, 14 f2.8, 16-35L II up for trade, 24 TSE II, 35 f2.8, 24-70L II, 100 f2.8L, 70-300L, 580 EX II, Pocket Wizards, Manfrottos and other stuff

sponsored links

18,227 views & 0 likes for this thread
2000$ worth of Photography ebooks - just for 89$???
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.