Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 24 Feb 2014 (Monday) 08:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony A7 models with non-Sony lenses

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,034 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 20, 2014 05:41 |  #3601

Guys, don't you think folks who have items for bidding in ebay have other accounts who will outbid bidders if they don't like the numbers they're seeing?

Let's say if they really want $400 but the highest bidder is only $200, they will outbid it with their account so their item won't sell at the price they don't want?

happens to me thrice where I am the highest bidder at the last minute then i got outbid.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

sponsored links
*Jayrou
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 20, 2014 07:16 |  #3602

vinmunoz wrote in post #17222702 (external link)
Guys, don't you think folks who have items for bidding in ebay have other accounts who will outbid bidders if they don't like the numbers they're seeing?

Let's say if they really want $400 but the highest bidder is only $200, they will outbid it with their account so their item won't sell at the price they don't want?

happens to me thrice where I am the highest bidder at the last minute then i got outbid.

I don't do ebay any other way I'm afraid , wait until the last few second and bid the max I want to pay... If I win great , if not I move along

Bidding early only invites either shill bidding (not as easy as it used to be) or a bidding war.

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,121 posts
Gallery: 619 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 20, 2014 07:58 |  #3603

*Jayrou wrote in post #17222801 (external link)
I don't do ebay any other way I'm afraid , wait until the last few second and bid the max I want to pay... If I win great , if not I move along

Bidding early only invites either shill bidding (not as easy as it used to be) or a bidding war.

This. It's pointless bidding early on anything as it just gives time for others to push you up. Bid in the last 5 seconds the amount you would be happy to pay.

With regards to dual accounts I'm certain this happens in some instances

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black
Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,034 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 20, 2014 08:49 |  #3604

thanks for the tips. i lost a 135mm F1.8 sigma. i'm unsure about that lens though coz i don't see any reviews or shot samples online.

next time if i'm sure about the item, i will do the 5seconds trick.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,838 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 20, 2014 13:28 |  #3605

Finally after over 1 month the cable to connect to a wireless shutter release arrived, i was giving up it may reach/arrive my country, but finally it does.

I gave it a quick test just few minutes ago, almost everything is working great except one thing i didn't test it more than once yet, but i wanted to ask here until i can test it or find the answer here:

I tried to use the long exposure option of my timer/shutter release, i set the camera to "BULB", and i set the time to 1 minute and 10 seconds then pressed the button that start the long exposure, to my disappointment the camera stopped the shutter at 30", so what's wrong i did? how to make it work? i bought this cable especially for this feature alone, so what's wrong?

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Tareq
17,838 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 20, 2014 14:21 |  #3606

Sorry, it is working perfectly, i thought it stopped by 30 seconds, i was watching TV, when i checked again i found it is working perfect, but the shutter release repeating that long exposure once the first one finished, that is why i thought it stopped by 30", anyway, i will find out how to make it only once for long exposure and not doing it as interval [which is not set for more than 1, i can't set to zero].

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,121 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 20, 2014 14:28 |  #3607

Tareq wrote in post #17223488 (external link)
Sorry, it is working perfectly, i thought it stopped by 30 seconds, i was watching TV, when i checked again i found it is working perfect, but the shutter release repeating that long exposure once the first one finished, that is why i thought it stopped by 30", anyway, i will find out how to make it only once for long exposure and not doing it as interval [which is not set for more than 1, i can't set to zero].

on my wireless remote I put the camera in bulb and press the remote button once to start the exposure and then again to stop. Maybe you could try setting your remote to 1 minute, pressing the button to start the exposure then during the minute press the button again to see if it stops after one exposure

Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,121 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 20, 2014 14:36 |  #3608

This is what a 100mm lens @ f/1.4 would look like (A7R & 135L Brenizer)

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3937/15398478300_959e4eab6b_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/psHe​8b  (external link) Danbo Brenizer (external link) by xpfloyd (external link), on Flickr

Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

Tareq
17,838 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 20, 2014 14:43 |  #3609

xpfloyd wrote in post #17223505 (external link)
on my wireless remote I put the camera in bulb and press the remote button once to start the exposure and then again to stop. Maybe you could try setting your remote to 1 minute, pressing the button to start the exposure then during the minute press the button again to see if it stops after one exposure

It is working fine with long exposure, i just wasn't paying attention to it as i was watching TV, i tested it again and it is working flawlessly, and also with what you said by doing it manually under "Bulb" mode in the remote.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

Tareq
17,838 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 20, 2014 14:45 |  #3610

xpfloyd wrote in post #17223525 (external link)
This is what a 100mm lens @ f/1.4 would look like (A7R & 135L Brenizer)

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/psHe​8b  (external link) Danbo Brenizer (external link) by xpfloyd (external link), on Flickr

Nice example, i think i need to clean and blow the dust off from the 135L and use it with A7R, i bought this lens long time ago due to its low price and its amazing performance, but i ended up not using it much at all because i don't shoot portraits much, but i know i will never get rid of it even if i don't use it at all, one day when most of my life issues gone i will start to shoot portraits and use more lenses i kept.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,121 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 20, 2014 14:51 |  #3611

Tareq wrote in post #17223552 (external link)
Nice example, i think i need to clean and blow the dust off from the 135L and use it with A7R, i bought this lens long time ago due to its low price and its amazing performance, but i ended up not using it much at all because i don't shoot portraits much, but i know i will never get rid of it even if i don't use it at all, one day when most of my life issues gone i will start to shoot portraits and use more lenses i kept.

You should definitely make an effort to use it. I dont really shoot portraits as such either but I like to use this lens for as much as possible. It was the perfect lens recently at a safari park for close ups of the animals

Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

jmaher
571 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 20, 2014 15:02 |  #3612

Danbo - love it.

Jim

jmaher
571 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 20, 2014 15:03 |  #3613

A7r with 70-200

Rented the 70-200 and the picture quality seemed excellent but I thought it hunted more than I liked as it grew darker outside.

Jim

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3938/15400065167_726ac1263a_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/psRm​QX  (external link) Captain (external link) by jmmtampa (external link), on Flickr

Tareq
17,838 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 20, 2014 15:06 |  #3614

xpfloyd wrote in post #17223564 (external link)
You should definitely make an effort to use it. I dont really shoot portraits as such either but I like to use this lens for as much as possible. It was the perfect lens recently at a safari park for close ups of the animals

I will try my best, as i said my life situations went upside down, slowly i hope i settle down and balanced, and also waiting the weather to get nice again [hope end of this month or next month] then i will try to use this lens more often.

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,121 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 20, 2014 15:36 |  #3615

Thanks Jim

Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

sponsored links

1,364,486 views & 1,495 likes for this thread
Sony A7 models with non-Sony lenses
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.