Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 15 Oct 2014 (Wednesday) 12:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2000$ worth of Photography ebooks - just for 89$???

MichiTimm
838 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 19, 2014 03:23 |  #76

ajayclicks wrote in post #17220837 (external link)
Been facing a lot of issues in downloading the files since the last 24 hours. Either they will stop mid way of my computer will freeze (which is a windoze issue). Managed to download some 1 Gb worth yesterday using download management tools that allow you to resume paused/broken downloads, but since last night, those are giving a 403 error. I am now increasingly frustrated (there are some holidays in the coming week, and I was hoping to leverage those to run through the material), and not even sure if I will be able to download everything by the deadline.
:(

Same-ish here. I was assuming it was a problem with my computer or internet connection, since neither are top of the line. But when I first started downloading these files it seems like each one would take, oh, ten minutes or so. Now I'm looking at a couple hours ... and multiple tries. I don't think I successfully downloaded anything yesterday, but this morning was able to finish one I had started. Luckily I only have a couple more to go, and none that I consider the important ones.

sponsored links
ajayclicks
890 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 19, 2014 03:30 |  #77

I checked with my ISP and there are no issues at their end. The worst is, that for Zack Arias and Lindsey Aldler packages it is now showing that I have completed my download quota- though I only tried it once or twice- used a download manager, so I suspect it might have been the culprit. I have been only able to download some presets and a pdf bundle from david duchemin.

Tried downloading Jessica Drossin's texture pack 3 times already - its just 269 mbs. Shuddering to look at files that are in the region of a GB plus. This is sucking away a lot of my time. I will write to customer service at 5day to see if they can resolve this, but in hindsight, it looks like a mistake to have signed up for this.

MichiTimm wrote in post #17220940 (external link)
Same-ish here. I was assuming it was a problem with my computer or internet connection, since neither are top of the line. But when I first started downloading these files it seems like each one would take, oh, ten minutes or so. Now I'm looking at a couple hours ... and multiple tries. I don't think I successfully downloaded anything yesterday, but this morning was able to finish one I had started. Luckily I only have a couple more to go, and none that I consider the important ones.

https://www.instagram.​com/ajaygargphotograph​y/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/ajaygargphotography (external link)http://flickr.com/phot​os/ajayclicks (external link)

sbkanut
464 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 19, 2014 06:24 |  #78

Those of you who bought, are you impressed and/or happy with your purchase? Seems like an awesome deal. Is there a deadline to downloading the stuff? Might take me two years to get through it all, but I know there are a couple I'm interested in right away. Thank you!

Facebook (external link)

ajayclicks
890 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 19, 2014 06:41 |  #79

sbkanut wrote in post #17221069 (external link)
Those of you who bought, are you impressed and/or happy with your purchase? Seems like an awesome deal. Is there a deadline to downloading the stuff? Might take me two years to get through it all, but I know there are a couple I'm interested in right away. Thank you!

I think its good for another day.

Some of the ebooks etc are aimed at beginners, plus most of david duchemin's stuff is usually available at discounts on his site pretty regularly. I purchased largely for the Topaz plugin, Zack Arias, some textures and backgrounds and Lindsey Aldlers stuff (was intrigued by the content). Unfortunately I am experiencing a lot of issues while downloading. YYMV

https://www.facebook.c​om/ajaygargphotography (external link)http://flickr.com/phot​os/ajayclicks (external link)

sbkanut
464 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 19, 2014 06:54 |  #80

I love Lindsey Adler and also Zack Arias. I have no idea what Topaz plugin is though....off to look it up!

Facebook (external link)

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Oct 19, 2014 07:03 |  #81

I wasn't downloading constantly, but my first download finished at 11:54 AM and the last at 7:21 PM. I had a couple of failures during downloads and 10-15 minutes of error 522; in addition to a few self-imposed stops and starts.

I'd guess actual download time was around 6 hours.

My Gear

ajayclicks
890 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 19, 2014 07:16 |  #82

runninmann wrote in post #17221109 (external link)
I wasn't downloading constantly, but my first download finished at 11:54 AM and the last at 7:21 PM. I had a couple of failures during downloads and 10-15 minutes of error 522; in addition to a few self-imposed stops and starts.

I'd guess actual download time was around 6 hours.

Wow, I am jealous. It took me 6 hrs just to download 1 go worth, and none of the most imp stuff for me. And it's not an ISO issue at my end.

MichiTimm
838 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 19, 2014 07:29 |  #83

sbkanut wrote in post #17221069 (external link)

They'll send you an email with links to all the downloads. You have until November 10 to download everything.

I haven't actually used anything yet so I'm not sure if I'm happy with it yet. I suspect I will be.

jimrob714
282 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 19, 2014 11:47 as a reply to  @ MichiTimm's post |  #84

i bought the deal, and I think for me and my lack of experience it's going to be a good deal. My downloads went fast and smooth, do have some problems with the items that uses the codes (one item said the code redeemed by another user), so I'll have to write to 5day. Also some issues unzipping, but using 7-zip seems to have resolved that problem.

Visit my flickr (external link)and Smugmug (external link)

Intheswamp
Endeavor to Persevere
1,839 posts
Gallery: 89 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2013

Oct 19, 2014 16:48 as a reply to  @ jimrob714's post |  #85

Looks like the website is currently down for maintenance due to "unforseen demand and traffic". :|

...and now they're back up!!! :)

Ed

The poorest of the poor. A country of children taking care of children: https://handsofloveusa​.org/ (external link)
My little weather page: www.beeweather.com (external link)

MichiTimm
838 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 19, 2014 18:46 |  #86

Yeah, and my last few downloads have gone really fast. Maybe not a coincidence.

hedonist77
195 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 20, 2014 09:31 |  #87

I was sitting on the fence for this so far; might just pull the trigger!

Current gear: One crop frame body, a couple of lenses, one flash
Wishlist: More time; better photography skills, some good glass, full-frame body.....

BamPhoto
Goldmember
3,174 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 20, 2014 16:43 |  #88

Have all the downloads done.
Don't forget the "gavin gough photographers post production" has 20 videos to download from the videos pdf.

Randy
My Gear List and Feedback
Website (external link)

tandemhearts
583 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Oct 20, 2014 21:03 |  #89

BamPhoto wrote in post #17223820 (external link)
Don't forget the "gavin gough photographers post production" has 20 videos to download from the videos pdf.

Thanks. There is so much here it will take me a while to figure out what it all is. I would have missed that.

ekraahi
216 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Oct 20, 2014 22:10 |  #90

BamPhoto wrote in post #17223820 (external link)

Thanks, did realize this :)
Hope there aren't such download within download :confused:;)

Surya @ New Jersey
Canon 5D MKIII, 14 f2.8, 16-35L II up for trade, 24 TSE II, 35 f2.8, 24-70L II, 100 f2.8L, 70-300L, 580 EX II, Pocket Wizards, Manfrottos and other stuff

sponsored links

18,228 views & 0 likes for this thread
2000$ worth of Photography ebooks - just for 89$???
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.