Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 18 Oct 2014 (Saturday) 07:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

70D focus issues

moltengold
Goldmember
4,296 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Oct 21, 2014 15:33 |  #16

most welcome
but I don't have the camera now , I sent it for sale
I have used before all these :
T2i ,T3i,T4i , T5i ,60D,7D
5D2, 6D and the 5D3
all of them the VF was very clear with my MP-E 65 macro lens , easy for me to catch the focus from VF even with a light from the room not the light from the macro twin flash
but this is my first time I notice that it's hard for me to look from the VF of the 70D
this is only with the smallest distance
but for a long distance with the 100 macro lens is OK and normal
and with any other lenses for portrait is normal too

| Canon EOS | and some canon lenses

Jiggo0109
376 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Oct 21, 2014 22:45 |  #17

kkgiyer wrote in post #17225496 (external link)
I am having a hard time with Canon and now I in touch with the seller to see if they will help. I have pasted below four links. You could keep hitting the right and left arrows quickly and alternate between the same images (one with LV and the other with VF). Mine obviously seems to be having the issue. I have been owning this camera for about an year and used to think it is the technique or the lens etc...i had returned all the prime lenses - 50mm 1.4/1.8, 85mm 1.8 and the 24mm lenses thinking the lens were not good due to this reason which I never knew of...btw, the images uploaded here taken with the kit lens.

http://s1200.photobuck​et.com …D/OVF.jpg.html?​sort=3&o=2 (external link)
http://s1200.photobuck​et.com …0D/LV.jpg.html?​sort=3&o=3 (external link)
http://s1200.photobuck​et.com …/2-LV.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 (external link)
http://s1200.photobuck​et.com …2-OVF.jpg.html?sort=3&o=​1 (external link)

The seller has asked me to reach out to this forum to find out if there is anybody who has got some help from Canon in getting this fixed. If anybody has any information please let me know.

Thanks

Hi, As I have said, I had the focusing issue too. Mine was fixed and took two trips at the Canon Service Center. Their 1st attempt was replacing the af sensor unit and did some calibration on it but it was not successful. For the second time, I frequently get in touched with the canon tech in charge and insisted on checking the alignment of the af points we see on the VF to the af sensor unit. Told them I saw the problem using a white bond paper with a drawn line in to it. Using the mid point, I was able to locate the actual focusing area of my unit. It was focusing way up (45 degrees up from the midpoint) and the three adjacent points to the right were numb. I also told them (with a lot of courage) that their standard charts would not help. Due to my persistence, they gave it a try and were able to identify the problem. And that is misalignment of the VF mechanism to the af sensor. They did the adjustments for three days. When they contacted me to pick up the unit, they were very confident in saying that it is fixed and they were right. Everything is perfect now for my 70d. If you want, you can PM Molybdo42 for tracing the alignment of your VF. He can help you with more accurate procedures (if he's willing though,sorry molyb :) ). We could the possibilities of different issues but giving it a try would be helpful. I did get paranoid on this issue before and still shaking it out right now. :) You can check out the other thread for this but you need to have a lot of patience in reading the whole thread. hehe

Here is the link of that thread directed to molyb's analysis on the issue.

https://photography-on-the.net …ead.php?t=13540​75&page=85

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,126 views & 0 likes for this thread
70D focus issues
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.