Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 25 Oct 2014 (Saturday) 20:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I need some help

jlstan
514 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 25, 2014 20:37 |  #1

When I took this shot my softbox was in the wrong spot causing the refection in her glasses. Is there a way or program...or who can help me and fix this?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
losangelino
943 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jul 2012

Oct 25, 2014 20:40 |  #2

unfortunately, you basically have to re-draw the face in with clone and healing brushes at 100% crop. It is doable but tedious. try google searches. http://www.essential-photoshop-elements.com/glare-and-reflections.html (external link)

Flickr (external link)
IG: @lensesandwheels (external link)cars | @photomagicology (external link) portraits

jlstan
THREAD ­ STARTER
514 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 25, 2014 20:46 as a reply to  @ losangelino's post |  #3

not sure a retake is an option...damn

Hannya
Goldmember
1,062 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 26, 2014 03:28 |  #4

Try Content Aware fill on a selection. Doesn't do a marvellous job at this low res, but might just work on the full pic.

“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Sports Pics (external link)

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,371 posts
Gallery: 347 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 26, 2014 03:33 |  #5

Yep, clone stamp those right out there is plenty of room for that to work

Fujifilm cameras and lenses.
Gear List (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)About Capture One (external link)

Christopher ­ Steven ­ b
Goldmember
3,547 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 26, 2014 04:11 |  #6

You basically have to draw her face, her eyes in particular, to remove the reflection. This is not feasible. The only possible move you have is cloning from another shot in the set.

This is a lesson learned now, but obviously having her tilt her head down a little would have solved the problem.

Two other things you should be aware of. First, you're really not adding a lot of light with your softbox in this image. You could have added a stop more of light and have been okay. Second, I can't see why you were using a softbox--it's so far away that you're not really getting the soft light quality associated with softboxes. I also don't see the purpose of controlling the light in this scenario except maybe to taper it off at the bottom.

christopher steven b. - Ottawa Wedding Photographer

www.christopherstevenb​.com (external link)| Blog (external link)

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,371 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 26, 2014 07:33 |  #7

OK then, less than 5 minutes to open edit and save and this is the resulting removal of the soft box.
The reflection from the glasses could also be easily removed from the full sized image in hardly any time. No other shot needed.

Learn the possibilities of your tools or you risk being called one is what I was once told, sounded like good advice after a while :)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

jlstan
THREAD ­ STARTER
514 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 26, 2014 07:41 |  #8

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #17233621 (external link)
OK then, less than 5 minutes to open edit and save and this is the resulting removal of the soft box.
The reflection from the glasses could also be easily removed from the full sized image in hardly any time. No other shot needed.

Learn the possibilities of your tools or you risk being called one is what I was once told, sounded like good advice after a while :)

Did you do that in lightroom? Thats all I have

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,371 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 26, 2014 07:46 |  #9

Nope photoshop, It can be almost impossible to shoot glasses with no reflection outside, so much light bouncing about the angles sometimes just won't work for you. Do you have the full sized image available somewhere?

jlstan
THREAD ­ STARTER
514 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 26, 2014 08:03 |  #10

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #17233633 (external link)
Nope photoshop, It can be almost impossible to shoot glasses with no reflection outside, so much light bouncing about the angles sometimes just won't work for you. Do you have the full sized image available somewhere?

Yes,
I could e-mail it to you

jlstan
THREAD ­ STARTER
514 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 26, 2014 16:33 |  #11

I want to say a big Thank you to Two Hot Shoes for the extra effort helping me with this photo. This site is full of great people

Judd

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,371 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 26, 2014 17:44 |  #12

Your very welcome. I find the photography industry about the most helpful one I have ever worked in, filled with really giving people that helped me out and still do, a lesson I'm glad I learned.

Kim

CanonVsNikon
255 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Oct 28, 2014 10:52 |  #13
bannedPermanent ban

Beyond the glasses I want to point out the background. Way too busy with tree limbs coming out of both parents heads. And I would up the exposure a bit, looks underexposed

jlstan
THREAD ­ STARTER
514 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 28, 2014 15:53 |  #14

CanonVsNikon wrote in post #17237582 (external link)
Beyond the glasses I want to point out the background. Way too busy with tree limbs coming out of both parents heads. And I would up the exposure a bit, looks underexposed

Yes I will agree on the exposure, however they wanted the woods in the background so that makes it a little hard to eliminate the limbs...I could add a chainsaw to my kit:D

Christopher ­ Steven ­ b
Goldmember
3,547 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 28, 2014 16:02 |  #15

I'd also work on ensuring that your subjects look like they have their eyes open. 3/4 of your subjects here are squinty. 2/4 look to me like their eyes are closed. Did you check your shots on scene to make sure all was well ?

jlstan wrote in post #17238144 (external link)
Yes I will agree on the exposure, however they wanted the woods in the background so that makes it a little hard to eliminate the limbs...I could add a chainsaw to my kit:D

christopher steven b. - Ottawa Wedding Photographer

www.christopherstevenb​.com (external link)| Blog (external link)

sponsored links

3,167 views & 0 likes for this thread
I need some help
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.