Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Jan 2013 (Sunday) 14:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Fuji Users Unite - Post your comments, questions and images here

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,207 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 27, 2014 13:15 |  #2581

I sold my 5D II to get an X-T1 :D

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

sponsored links
Jelloneck
693 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 27, 2014 13:46 as a reply to  @ PLLphotography's post |  #2582

I sold off all my canon camera/lenses to switch to the xt1. Well not all the money was used to make the switch. Some went to student loans and then I got unemployed so I decided to sit on the cash for now. I'll be deciding if I need to buy back a 7d or equivalent for sports once the 50-140 2.8 is released.

If you do decide to switch they have discounts going on right now. http://www.fujirumors.​com …the-x-t1-sales-on-amazon/ (external link)

Gear List/Feedback |Instagram (external link)|

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,634 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 27, 2014 14:19 |  #2583

The Dark Knight wrote in post #17235864 (external link)
Would I be crazy to sell my Canon 6D and get an X-T1? I was tempted to consolidate my 6D and X100s by selling both and replacing with an X-T1. I think an X-T1, 18-55, and one of the primes (23 or 35) would suit most of my photographic needs.

Not crazy at all. I've thought about doing the same thing, but the high ISO capability of the 6D makes me hold on to it for now. If you don't shoot a lot of low light shots, I say go for it.

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

m3thods
169 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Oct 27, 2014 16:48 |  #2584

Would I be crazy to sell my Canon 6D and get an X-T1? I was tempted to consolidate my 6D and X100s by selling both and replacing with an X-T1. I think an X-T1, 18-55, and one of the primes (23 or 35) would suit most of my photographic needs.

I did it, but for an X-E2 instead.

I do miss being able to shoot a 12800 RAW on the 6D and have very minimal issues. From my experience you'd lose about a stop and a bit of ISO performance going to the Fuji. And don't forget that 6400 is the highest ISO setting you can shoot RAWs with (200 being the lowest).

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. There are a few quirks when I moved to Fuji, but they've mostly been resolved/ignored and I couldn't be happier with Fuji, especially when their glass rivals Canon's L equivalents.

Fuji X-E2 | 18-55 | 23 | Nikon 60mm AF-D Macro | 55-250 |YN-560EXIIx2 | YN-565EX | YN-622C | YN-622C-TX

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 27, 2014 16:56 |  #2585

m3thods wrote in post #17236282 (external link)
I did it, but for an X-E2 instead.

I do miss being able to shoot a 12800 RAW on the 6D and have very minimal issues. From my experience you'd lose about a stop and a bit of ISO performance going to the Fuji. And don't forget that 6400 is the highest ISO setting you can shoot RAWs with (200 being the lowest).

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. There are a few quirks when I moved to Fuji, but they've mostly been resolved/ignored and I couldn't be happier with Fuji, especially when their glass rivals Canon's L equivalents.

Thanks for sharing. The high ISO might be missed due to me shooting indoor events once in a while.

I am borrowing a friend's X-E2 for a couple of weeks, I want to put it through its paces and see if I can get by with that as my only camera.

pdrober2
Goldmember
2,318 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 27, 2014 20:13 |  #2586

i sold my 7d for a 5d3, and then sold that for a 6d, which i sold for an XE2, which i then sold for an XT1 :)

Fujifilm X-T1 | 23 | 27 | 56 | 90 | 55-200
Feedback

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,634 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 27, 2014 20:36 |  #2587

I'm gonna have to rent a X-T1 to see if it is the Cats Pajamas that I imagine it to be. I'm also still torn on whether or not my Kipon Reducer is responsible for the inconsistencies I have with it's performance (sometimes it's exceptionally good and sharp, other times it seems only a sliver of the image is in focus), or if it's my lack of ability to MF using the tiny VF of the X-E1... I really wish Metabones would just come out with the stinking XF to EF booster already...

A couple more from Comicon

XF 35mm

IMAGE: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5597/15333867367_27ed910989_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pn15​xz  (external link) DSCF5879.jpg (external link) by EverydayGetaway (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3935/15520069972_71f9303cca_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pDsq​6j  (external link) DSCF5880.jpg (external link) by EverydayGetaway (external link), on Flickr

flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

The ­ Dark ­ Knight
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 27, 2014 21:22 |  #2588

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #17236008 (external link)
Not crazy at all. I've thought about doing the same thing, but the high ISO capability of the 6D makes me hold on to it for now. If you don't shoot a lot of low light shots, I say go for it.

Man, I've been going through some pics I took at ISO 12800 and above and they are so clean on the 6D. That alone makes me hold off! It's kinda ridiculous in a way because why the hell am I even shooting at that high of an ISO, but it's nice to have that ability.

Kinda tough cause otherwise what I'm seeing out of Fuji is right up there with the 6D in a smaller package.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,634 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 27, 2014 21:51 |  #2589

The Dark Knight wrote in post #17236738 (external link)
Man, I've been going through some pics I took at ISO 12800 and above and they are so clean on the 6D. That alone makes me hold off! It's kinda ridiculous in a way because why the hell am I even shooting at that high of an ISO, but it's nice to have that ability.

Kinda tough cause otherwise what I'm seeing out of Fuji is right up there with the 6D in a smaller package.

I hear you, that's the main reason I hold on to mine too. I don't think it's ridiculous though, sometimes you just need that capability. My girlfriend is an Aerial dance acrobat and sometimes has shows in dark night clubs, the 6D is worth it's weight in gold there. I also love to do night time street photography, some of my favorite shots have been at ISO12800 or above.

I'm holding off to see what Fuji has been working on for the X-Pro2, rumor has it it'll be an all new crop sensor tech which rivals FF... Fuji is about the only company that I'd believe that from right now, I love that they stick with their stuff once they do it and I'd bet they've been working on the next X-Pro sensor since they released the first X-Trans.

AZFiLM
155 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 28, 2014 09:29 |  #2590

I don't wanna turn this into a 6D love fest, but a LOVE my 6D as well lol. One of my biggest concerns when I made the move to a "paid wedding photographer" was my personal poor vision in the dark lol. I've had lasik eye surgery twice and its still bad, but my 6D is seriously my savior. I can focus in damn near pitch black darkness and pump up my ISO and come out with great photos. I love being able to lean on it for help.

Back to the Fuji cameras, they have done so much with what they have put out already. They have gained my trust for sure. From listening to what users have said and implementing upgrades in newer models and of course, doing it with free firmware updates. I will most likely wait a bit, free up some money, stay content with my x100, and see what is next from Fuji. Either way, I'm excited to get my hands on another Fuji camera.

solepatch
Goldmember
1,202 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2012

Oct 28, 2014 09:34 |  #2591

AZFiLM wrote in post #17237455 (external link)
I don't wanna turn this into a 6D love fest, but a LOVE my 6D as well lol. One of my biggest concerns when I made the move to a "paid wedding photographer" was my personal poor vision in the dark lol. I've had lasik eye surgery twice and its still bad, but my 6D is seriously my savior. I can focus in damn near pitch black darkness and pump up my ISO and come out with great photos. I love being able to lean on it for help.

Back to the Fuji cameras, they have done so much with what they have put out already. They have gained my trust for sure. From listening to what users have said and implementing upgrades in newer models and of course, doing it with free firmware updates. I will most likely wait a bit, free up some money, stay content with my x100, and see what is next from Fuji. Either way, I'm excited to get my hands on another Fuji camera.

Isn't poor low light vision a pretty well documented side effect of Lasik? But on a more related note. also love my 6D.

Aaron
Canon 6D | 70D | Σ35 F/1.4A | Tamron 24-70 F/2.8 Di VC USD | 40 F/2.8 | 85 F/1.8 | 70-210 F/3.5-4.5 | Rokinon 14 F/2.8 | 430ex ii | YN-622C | Zoom H4N
Canon EOS M | 22 F/2 Pancake | C/Y Zeiss 50 F/1.4 t*

AZFiLM
155 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 28, 2014 11:29 |  #2592

solepatch wrote in post #17237467 (external link)
Isn't poor low light vision a pretty well documented side effect of Lasik? But on a more related note. also love my 6D.

Welcome to the POTN Lasik Thread lol.

Jk

I paid extra for them to help with vision in low light, but I didn't notice a difference from before w/ contacts/glasses or after w/o any visual aids. I was talking about my vision in general being bad lol. I used to do a lot of video work, so I used Rokinon lenses exclusively. I then started doing still photography a lot, I quickly realized ALL my photos were out of focus lol. Plus it took me forever.

In short, skip Lasik, get a 6D or XT-1 instead lol.

optiklenz13
583 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 28, 2014 16:58 |  #2593

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3942/15360651928_13b12dbe78_b.jpg

www.optiklenz13.com (external link)
Canon 5D Mark II with BG-E6, Canon 7D with BG-E7, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 17-40mm f/4 L, 580 EX II.
Walkaround: Fujifilm X-PRO1, 35mm f/1.4 combo.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,634 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 28, 2014 23:05 |  #2594

solepatch wrote in post #17237467 (external link)

It can be, more so in the past, recent advancements (past 10 years) have made that side effect all but nonexistent if you get a good doctor. I just had mine done in April and my night vision has improved noticeably, though still not as good as my friends, I had very bad astigmatism pre-Lasik which totally messes up night sight.

AZFiLM wrote in post #17237656 (external link)
Welcome to the POTN Lasik Thread lol.

Jk

I paid extra for them to help with vision in low light, but I didn't notice a difference from before w/ contacts/glasses or after w/o any visual aids. I was talking about my vision in general being bad lol. I used to do a lot of video work, so I used Rokinon lenses exclusively. I then started doing still photography a lot, I quickly realized ALL my photos were out of focus lol. Plus it took me forever.

In short, skip Lasik, get a 6D or XT-1 instead lol.

That's interesting that you had an option for that, mine was basically 2 options, one with mapping fully done by computers and lifetime "touch-ups" if needed (though I was assured it's rare that they ever are) and one package that was more traditional and didn't include the life-time warranty for lack of a better word :lol:

The 6D is definitely a low-light monster, but in theory something like an X-T1 (or future mirrorless body) would be even better due to the EVF capability. I for one can't recommend Lasik enough though, best money I've ever spent and these days it really is affordable for almost anyone.

I'm really hoping this next gen X-Pro sensor has some wizardry in it for high ISO's, I'd be a first week adopter if it did, I'm continually impressed with Fuji :cool:

XF 35mm

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3949/15333806938_cd69b2d2f9_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pmZL​zG  (external link) DSCF5882.jpg (external link) by EverydayGetaway (external link), on Flickr

AZFiLM
155 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Oct 29, 2014 09:17 |  #2595

It could be just my very little experience with my friends XE-2, but I had a horrible time with EVF. Might be a setting issue, but when that EVF was held up next to a Canon's OVF, it was seriously night and day. Couldn't see anything in the Fuji, could see a lot in with the Canon. I don't remember which lenses were being used, unfortunately. Maybe he'll stop lurking and actually comment on this subject lol.

He raised the brightness settings, but said it didn't look great and was still a little dissapointed. How is the xt-1's EVF in low light?

sponsored links

2,074,036 views & 10,510 likes for this thread
Fuji Users Unite - Post your comments, questions and images here
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.