Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Oct 2014 (Thursday) 02:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN G-series speed challenge #507 'halloweeeen lead ups''

marie
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002

Oct 23, 2014 02:59 |  #1

With many thanks to you all , the photos are beautiful.

: )

Rpolitsr : ‘On my sister’s birthday’
Rafael,
gorgeous photo of the beautiful pumpkin .the dark background really shows the crusty shape and the openings in all their light and glory.
Sending best birthday wishes to your sister on the day : ) , may all the good spirits be in abundance around the family

Spoco : ‘Pumpkin luminaria over a lake’
Steve ,
its great you got the photo ,the gorgeous display must really have been a wonderful magical sight over the water as darkness fell
must have been special being there

Corythosaurus : ‘ Fallen Leaves’
Cory,
great imagination shot , and placing of the face to the right and upwards among the leaves really sets the scene .... which would be frightening to come across when gaily walking through the leaves

OhLook , : ‘Pumkins and Aliens featured at Trader Joe’s’
you took a beautiful photo of the store display, many thanks, I love it, and on reading what was advertised I was especially interested in the ‘gluten free’ pancakes mentioned

Raven. : ‘See you real soon..wha..ha ha ha ‘
Jim,
terrific dramatic ,creative and wonderfully photographed, and very enjoyable even if it or he is a monster ........ (of proportions to be reckoned with at a later date ...like 31st Oct ?)
lol

Congratulations to the winner and runners up and everyone

Winner: Raven

runners up : Cory
and Rpolitsr
Spoco and OhLook
all very close

absolutely loved the photos, thanks to you all

END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Everyone
:D

Welcome to Challenge # 507

now in the days gradually coming closer to Halloween the stores are filling kiddies heads and eyes with ghosty and everything connected (or even disconnected):mad: ...things which may go bump in or on 'the' night ........:eek:
I would love to see what may grab your attention to get a shot for the challenge, featuring the occasion's lead up
with best angle and all over good composition showing the subject (s) at their best , also watching out to eliminate too much clutter which may distract in background or around.
no store will object to photo as its a fun time for many and stuff is displayed to attract attention. or picturing any 'home grown' monster stuff is fine too :twisted::-P
no worries ever
thanking you
~ have a smashing time

:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To submit, click Post Reply and put your photo name in the subject line. Don't forget your camera model.

Post until Monday noon GMT, 27th October 2014.

Photo Submissions

1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9, G10, G11, G12, G15, G16, G1X, G1X Mark II and Pro1 only.
  2. Time -- Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
  3. Size -- Photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1280 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
  4. Post-Processing -- Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
  5. Posting --
    • One photo per photographer in each challenge.
    • Photo title in the message subject line.
    • Camera model.
    • EXIF data, if you like.

6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
  7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
Time

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
  • New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
  • Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
  • Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT.
  • Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please consider turning on private messaging in your profile. This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.

Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105
Lmm10-22mm,17-40,17-85, 70-300,60mm

sponsored links
rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Oct 23, 2014 14:58 |  #2

on my sister's bday (Oct 31)

IMAGE: http://rpolitsr.rafaelpolit.com/potngserieschall/507_CRW_2559_960.jpg

powershot Pro1

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

Spoco57
343 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Mar 2013

Oct 23, 2014 19:57 as a reply to  @ rpolitsr's post |  #3

Pumpkin luminaria over a lake.

G1X

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3952/15426068468_dc18ea1676_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pv9C​HJ  (external link) IMG_5831 (external link) by spocoyankees (external link), on Flickr

corythosaurus
Goldmember
1,744 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 26, 2014 14:36 as a reply to  @ Spoco57's post |  #4

Fallen Leaves

G10

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i212.photobucke​t.com …IMG_0005A_zps4b​5c620f.jpg (external link)

Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
19,065 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012
Post edited over 2 years ago by OhLook.

Oct 26, 2014 19:26 as a reply to  @ corythosaurus's post |  #5

Pumpkins and Aliens Featured at Trader Joe's

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

G15

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Raven
698 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Oct 27, 2014 02:52 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #6

See you real soon....Wha ha ha ha

G16

IMAGE: http://jimowensphotography.zenfolio.com/img/s12/v185/p912692439-5.jpg

~ Jim

marie
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002

Oct 27, 2014 15:29 as a reply to  @ Raven's post |  #7

:
)
IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/image/110937919/original.jpg
Challenge closed for this week
T
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE
hank you very much for the great entries :cool:

hope to get back later ,
thanks
IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/image/18920112/original.jpg
marie

:> )

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105

marie
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002

Oct 28, 2014 05:34 as a reply to  @ marie's post |  #8

Winners on top of post

Thanks so much

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105

corythosaurus
Goldmember
1,744 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 28, 2014 06:57 |  #9

Congrats to Jim. Fun photos this challenge. Thanks to Marie for hosting and judging!

Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
19,065 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Oct 28, 2014 09:16 |  #10

Congratulations to everyone, and thanks to marie. Jim's photo was my favorite, too. Good choice!

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Spoco57
343 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Mar 2013

Oct 28, 2014 12:59 |  #11

Loved Raven's photo this week! Congrats all around... I liked them all.

Thanks Marie!

Steve

Trumper
959 posts
Joined May 2003

Oct 28, 2014 14:43 |  #12

Well done everyone.Bit stuck with this one as halloween here isn't very big,all the kiddies have grown up as well in our area.
Loved all the photos but the one from Spoco with the pumpkins and the lake show how big it is over there.

Raven
698 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Oct 28, 2014 16:32 |  #13

Thank you, Marie. Another fun contest from you. Wouldn't have wanted to judge it though. All so very close. I thought Cory's photo was very creative and eerie and would come out on top.
(Love your smiley face pumpkin candles, btw).

I'll be back later this evening with a new theme.
Happy Halloween everyone!

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Oct 29, 2014 01:45 |  #14

Congratulations Raven and corythosaurus. The masks made a great subject for your photos. The lighting of Jim's photo is great! well deserved first place.

Thank you for your words, marie. I will pass your birthday wishes to my sister, along with the usual jokes about witches and the 'aquelarre' (witches' Sabbath ?) :)

Halloween is not an extended local custom here. The classical days for all sort of disguising are Dec. 28 and Dec.31, but among high school young people Halloween has some adepts.

Officially, October 31 is the day of our National Emblem.
Once I photoshoped it changing the sun by a witch and the condor by a bat, but that is another (unfortunate) story ...

Thanks for an interesting topic, marie. In my photo, the carved zapallo, similar to to the north american pumpkin, was actually a gift from a friend to my sister on her birthday party some years ago.

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

marie
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002

Nov 02, 2014 06:38 |  #15

corythosaurus wrote in post #17237226 (external link)
Congrats to Jim. Fun photos this challenge. Thanks to Marie for hosting and judging!

:cool:

OhLook wrote in post #17237428 (external link)
Congratulations to everyone, and thanks to marie. Jim's photo was my favorite, too. Good choice!

Spoco57 wrote in post #17237824 (external link)
Loved Raven's photo this week! Congrats all around... I liked them all.
Thanks Marie!
Steve

Trumper wrote in post #17238010 (external link)
Well done everyone.Bit stuck with this one as halloween here isn't very big,all the kiddies have grown up as well in our area.
Loved all the photos but the one from Spoco with the pumpkins and the lake show how big it is over there.

Raven wrote in post #17238227 (external link)
Thank you, Marie. Another fun contest from you. Wouldn't have wanted to judge it though. All so very close. I thought Cory's photo was very creative and eerie and would come out on top.
(Love your smiley face pumpkin candles, btw).
I'll be back later this evening with a new theme.
Happy Halloween everyone!

years ago I took that photo when up visiting very old cottage which had belonged to my sister's relations, they who had passed away many years before r.i.p.,
the cottage was way out in the country among the beautiful small fields and hills, in a very quiet part of County Monaghan
perching the candles like so... while the wind whistled through the (low) rafters and creaky doors, plus a sleeping dog snoring on an old couch before an open fire on stone (the kind that has the bellows close by).. was .... a real fun experience
whooooooooooooooo

rpolitsr wrote in post #17239097 (external link)
Congratulations Raven and corythosaurus. The masks made a great subject for your photos. The lighting of Jim's photo is great! well deserved first place.
Thank you for your words, marie. I will pass your birthday wishes to my sister, along with the usual jokes about witches and the 'aquelarre' (witches' Sabbath ?)
Halloween is not an extended local custom here. The classical days for all sort of disguising are Dec. 28 and Dec.31, but among high school young people Halloween has some adepts.

Officially, October 31 is the day of our National Emblem.
Once I photoshoped it changing the sun by a witch and the condor by a bat, but that is another (unfortunate) story ...

> :eek: < I can just inagine

Thanks for an interesting topic, marie. In my photo, the carved zapallo, similar to to the north american pumpkin, was actually a gift from a friend to my sister on her birthday party some years ago.

I have a pumpkin something like it, made of plastic.. probably, however the tiny light flashing inside ran out and to have added a lighted candle would have been deadly, and scary, as everyone probably would have went up in blazes
lol

many thanks to all

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105

sponsored links

4,672 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN G-series speed challenge #507 'halloweeeen lead ups''
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.