Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 Oct 2014 (Wednesday) 14:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7Dii Bestbuy release date Oct.30th

Tom_D
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 29, 2014 14:26 |  #151

kesterc wrote in post #17240123 (external link)
When date and time did you preorder ?

ORDER PLACED
September 15, 2014

Confirming email is dated: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 07:26:32 -0700 (PDT)

Gallery (external link)
7DMkII, 40D, 17-55, 70-200 f/2.8 IS and more...
More Wag, Less Bark

sponsored links
kesterc
228 posts
Gallery: 107 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined May 2013

Oct 29, 2014 14:31 |  #152

Tom_D wrote in post #17240133 (external link)
ORDER PLACED
September 15, 2014

Confirming email is dated: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 07:26:32 -0700 (PDT)

Strange... I ordered mine on the same day at 09:33 AM. Delivery estimate is Oct. 31st

flickr (external link)
Canon 7D Mk II | 6D | Canon 500 f/4L IS | 300 f/4L IS | 24-105 f/4L IS | 1.4x/2.0x III
600EX-RT | 430EX II | Gitzo 4542LS + Wimberley WH-200

stsva
Cream of the Crop
6,360 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 29, 2014 14:32 |  #153

kesterc wrote in post #17240141 (external link)
Strange... I ordered mine on the same day at 09:33 AM. Delivery estimate is Oct. 31st

Perhaps you're closer to one of their distribution centers?

Some Canon stuff and a little bit of Yongnuo.
http://www.pbase.com/s​tsva/profile (external link)
Member of the GIYF
Club and
HAMSTTR
٩ Breeders Club https://photography-on-the.net …=744235&highlig​ht=hamsttr Join today!
Image Editing OK

kesterc
228 posts
Gallery: 107 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined May 2013

Oct 29, 2014 14:33 |  #154

stsva wrote in post #17240143 (external link)
Perhaps you're closer to one of their distribution centers?

Going to Miami

flickr (external link)
Canon 7D Mk II | 6D | Canon 500 f/4L IS | 300 f/4L IS | 24-105 f/4L IS | 1.4x/2.0x III
600EX-RT | 430EX II | Gitzo 4542LS + Wimberley WH-200

Tom_D
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 29, 2014 14:34 |  #155

kesterc wrote in post #17240141 (external link)

That doesn't make me feel any better. :confused:

Gallery (external link)
More Wag, Less Bark

2n10
Cream of the Crop
17,084 posts
Gallery: 81 photos
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 29, 2014 14:44 |  #156

I talked to a local camera shop and they have not received confirmation of their shipment as of about 11:30 AM PDT.

John
Equipment
My Portfolio (external link)

Itsed65
Goldmember
4,629 posts
Gallery: 1930 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 29, 2014 14:44 |  #157

Tom_D wrote in post #17239917 (external link)
amazon.com just update my order status with an estimated delivery of:

Your new estimated delivery date is: Monday, November 3, 2014

I'm a bit disappointed as I was hoping for Friday or Saturday. Maybe that will improve with an actual shipping notice.

Tom, I noticed you are in Napa. If you don't mind a bit of a drive, I just got an email from Looking Glass Photo in Berkeley about a launch event on Saturday, and they promise cameras on the shelf. That might mean they will have them in stock sooner.

Fuji XT-2, XT-3, Sony A7RIV, A9 and RX10 MK IV
My Flickr (external link)

lauderdalems
759 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 29, 2014 14:47 |  #158

Sounds like B&H is not doing as good - I pre-order 9/22 and was told today that my order would be shipped middle of next week. Gee I hate this wait.

http://gamedayphotos.u​wa.edu/ (external link)

Tom_D
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 29, 2014 14:54 |  #159

Itsed65 wrote in post #17240161 (external link)
Tom, I noticed you are in Napa. If you don't mind a bit of a drive, I just got an email from Looking Glass Photo in Berkeley about a launch event on Saturday, and they promise cameras on the shelf. That might mean they will have them in stock sooner.

Thanks. (external link) I am still not giving up on amazon :-) but even if delivery is Monday that is not the end of the world. I've been told we are starting on the office this weekend (last and worst room to get through after the earthquake) so spending time on that while the new camera sits waiting would be difficult. (Am I looking ot hard for the silver lining?)

Gallery (external link)
More Wag, Less Bark

monkey44
726 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Oct 29, 2014 14:55 |  #160

I emailed Helen yesterday, asked if Adorama is ready to ship yet. I asked because some small stores have already delivered to buyers.

Helen Said:

"I'm sorry, Bill, I don't know. Both Adorama and B&H were given a date of October 30th by Canon."

I don't know how Canon decides how to allocate units, or if you called Canon, whether they'd be agreeable to telling you.

Then: I asked it again today --

She said: They have not come in Bill - we are expecting them tomorrow.

Then I asked why she wouldn't know if she had them in the warehouse.

She said; I'm sorry, I have no idea. But B&H are three times the size of Adorama, and are also expecting deliveries tomorrow:

SO, nothing against Helen, as she is always very responsive to my queries -- but what puzzles me in this age of electronic tracking, when individual buyers can know the instant something ships, and track it all the way to our doors, why Adorama is only guessing it will arrive tomorrow - and not know for certain on a shipment that large -- and a complete new product that I assume quite a few customers have ordered, and has been anticipated for quite some time now.

So, I'm pretty puzzled by that response - or lack of info -- and am wondering about the other stocking items too. The last four items I ordered at Adorama were out-of-stock (two occasions) ... So, I have no clue, but it disturbs me that I can't depend on Adorama lately for my equipment.

I sure hope it arrives tomorrow, but even then, it not likely to immediately ship -- so probably Monday or Tuesday at earliest. Of course, Canon at first said late November -- so, it's sooner than that now, so we should smile about it and shut up I suppose.

Tom_D
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 29, 2014 14:57 |  #161

Oh,oh,oh! I just got an email from Chase about an online charge to my card of $2327.39 so the camera should be shipping NOW.

Gallery (external link)
More Wag, Less Bark

stsva
Cream of the Crop
6,360 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 29, 2014 15:00 |  #162

monkey44 wrote in post #17240172 (external link)
I emailed Helen yesterday, asked if Adorama is ready to ship yet. I asked because some small stores have already delivered to buyers.

Helen Said:

"I'm sorry, Bill, I don't know. Both Adorama and B&H were given a date of October 30th by Canon."

I don't know how Canon decides how to allocate units, or if you called Canon, whether they'd be agreeable to telling you.

She said; I'm sorry, I have no idea. But B&H are three times the size of Adorama, and are also expecting deliveries tomorrow:

SO, nothing against Helen, as she is always very responsive to my queries -- but what puzzles me in this age of electronic tracking, when individual buyers can know the instant something ships, and track it all the way to our doors, why Adorama is only guessing it will arrive tomorrow - and not know for certain on a shipment that large -- and a complete new product that I assume quite a few customers have ordered, and has been anticipated for quite some time now.

So, I'm pretty puzzled by that response - or lack of info -- and am wondering about the other stocking items too. The last four items I ordered at Adorama were out-of-stock (two occasions) ... So, I have no clue, but it disturbs me that I can't depend on Adorama lately for my equipment.

I sure hope it arrives tomorrow, but even then, it not likely to immediately ship -- so probably Monday or Tuesday at earliest. Of course, Canon at first said late November -- so, it's sooner than that now, so we should smile about it and shut up I suppose.

Thanks for posting the update. To give Adorama credit, they've been consistent on the 7DII ordering page in stating "First Canon delivery date expected November, 2014." Let's hope it turns out sooner rather than later.

Member of the GIYF
Club and
HAMSTTR
٩ Breeders Club https://photography-on-the.net …=744235&highlig​ht=hamsttr Join today!
Image Editing OK

stsva
Cream of the Crop
6,360 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 29, 2014 15:01 |  #163

Tom_D wrote in post #17240173 (external link)
Oh,oh,oh! I just got an email from Chase about an online charge to my card of $2327.39 so the camera should be shipping NOW.

Either that, or your wife bought something big you don't yet know about. ;):D

Member of the GIYF
Club and
HAMSTTR
Image Editing OK

Tom_D
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 29, 2014 15:04 |  #164

stsva wrote in post #17240181 (external link)
Either that, or your wife bought something big you don't yet know about. ;):D

Now, that could be. We have a deal, she gets to spend on jewelry what I spend on camera gear. (Makes a $2000.00 camera a $4000.00 camera.)

Gallery (external link)
More Wag, Less Bark

Copidosoma
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 29, 2014 15:10 |  #165

monkey44 wrote in post #17240172 (external link)

Helen Said:

SO, nothing against Helen, as she is always very responsive to my queries --

Kudos to her for even replying to you.

After she clearly explained that they wouldn't have any in until the 30th and then you ask again if they have any in (before the 30th) and then wonder why she doesn't know if they have any in the warehouse (before the 30th) I think if I was her my reply to you would be less professional.

Which is why I don't have her job I guess.

Why not just wait until the 30th? or by local if you can't wait that long?

Gear: 7DII | 6D | Fuji X100s |Sigma 24A, 50A, 150-600C |24-105L |Samyang 14 2.8|Tamron 90mm f2.8 |and some other stuff
http://www.shutterstoc​k.com/g/copidosoma (external link)
https://500px.com/chri​s_kolaczan (external link)

sponsored links

58,868 views & 0 likes for this thread
7Dii Bestbuy release date Oct.30th
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.