Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 29 Oct 2014 (Wednesday) 21:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

38% off Canon refurbs!

frozenmoments925
525 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 30, 2014 17:25 |  #31

I just got my shipping confirmation with tracking. Yeee haww

Canon 5D Mark IV / Canon EOS R / Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS Mark II / Canon 24-70L f/2.8 Mark II / Canon 35L f/1.4 / Canon 135L f/2 / Canon 100L f/2.8 Macro / Canon 580 EX II / Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter

sponsored links
wizzells
63 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 30, 2014 17:26 |  #32

pinolero newbie wrote in post #17242148 (external link)
What did you order?

70D

My flickr (external link)

pinolero ­ newbie
408 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 30, 2014 18:59 |  #33

So I got a confirmation of my order e-mail last night. Now that I'm home I can log into canon. There is absolutely nothing on my order history?

Should I be worried?

Gear List
Feedback

pinolero ­ newbie
408 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 30, 2014 19:00 |  #34

There is also a pending charge on my CC

Gear List
Feedback

WhidbeyHiker
Goldmember
1,890 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2013

Oct 30, 2014 19:20 |  #35

"New" 60D arrived today :)

It's raining outside :(

Invertalon
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 30, 2014 19:34 |  #36

pinolero newbie wrote in post #17242611 (external link)
So I got a confirmation of my order e-mail last night. Now that I'm home I can log into canon. There is absolutely nothing on my order history?

Should I be worried?

Mine doesn't either... I think a flaw with their site... Then I found as soon as you log-in, your order info should be right on that page. I found if I clicked Order History, it was blank.

Weird issue.

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

pinolero ­ newbie
408 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 30, 2014 19:36 |  #37

Invertalon wrote in post #17242675 (external link)
Mine doesn't either... I think a flaw with their site... Then I found as soon as you log-in, your order info should be right on that page. I found if I clicked Order History, it was blank.

Weird issue.

Yeah, I logged out and then logged back in. There is nothing under my Recent Order History (right on the page as soon as I log in)

Gear List
Feedback

travisvwright
Goldmember
2,043 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 30, 2014 20:01 |  #38

I got a shipping confirmation. Yippy

I come here for your expert opinion. Please do not hesitate to critique or edit.
70D, 6D, Canon 135, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 10-18 4.5 STM

Franklin NC Photographer Travis Wright (external link)

WhidbeyHiker
Goldmember
1,890 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Oct 30, 2014 21:12 |  #39

Unboxed the camera out of a plain, cardboard box, had all the cables, disks, etc. Battery was new, completely discharged and took a couple of hours to charge. Shutter count is 1078, not as low as I wanted but not nearly as high as I thought it might be.

Overall, very pleased, now just need to see if there are any issues missed during the refurb, though I suspect many of the refurbs are actually cases of buyer's remorse related returns of items that were never faulty.

Invertalon
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 30, 2014 21:24 |  #40

Just curious... How did you get your order so quick when the sale happened late last night? I can't believe they shipped anything until today? haha

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

WhidbeyHiker
Goldmember
1,890 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Oct 30, 2014 21:36 |  #41

Invertalon wrote in post #17242871 (external link)
Just curious... How did you get your order so quick when the sale happened late last night? I can't believe they shipped anything until today? haha

I ordered mine a week ago. The sale wasn't only last night. Edit: the sale last week apparently was only 20% off. though had I waited they probably would have been out of stock.

Invertalon
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 30, 2014 22:02 |  #42

Oh ok, makes sense now! Haha

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

travisvwright
Goldmember
2,043 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Feb 2013

Oct 31, 2014 05:51 |  #43

Invertalon wrote in post #17242871 (external link)

Mine is now showing Out for delivery???? i assumed fedex ground was 5-7 days expecting it next week. Now I'm excited.

I come here for your expert opinion. Please do not hesitate to critique or edit.
70D, 6D, Canon 135, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 10-18 4.5 STM

Franklin NC Photographer Travis Wright (external link)

Invertalon
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 31, 2014 06:13 |  #44

Well if your close enough to where they ship (VA I believe?) then it would be overnight, even ground! I am two day from it, so mine arrives Monday.

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 31, 2014 08:39 |  #45

smacatl wrote in post #17242355 (external link)
I was one of the 8,000, and by the time I got on - the bug was fixed. I even tried to go straight to the Canon Direct website, but obviously I didn't know what to look for or how to access the 38% off.

My question: Is there a way to include the details of these types of deals in the initial CPW email?

I guessing you're trying to drive site traffic, and cutting out the stop at the website would defeat that purpose, so how about a subscription service?

For a small (smaaaallll) premium (which I would be glad to pay because of the value of your site) you could send the hot deals first to the subscribers (maybe give them 20 minutes head start prior to announcing hot deals to the masses). There is good value here, as this deal alone, people saved hundreds on a single purchase!

Keep the free service for the regular guys, but offer a higher, faster level of notification for the VIP's.

Thoughts?

(I'm thinking that this is such a great idea that I should get a trial subscription!)

This is a very interesting idea, thanks for sharing.

The reason why we don't include all the details in the first mail is deliberately to keep the mail small and light. Also, deals are often evolving, changing, so we're updating the main page post constantly. We'd get way too many replies "hey, the coupon codes aren't stacking!" over the next week (we're getting some of that still) if readers weren't going to the site to see the latest update.

I'm not a huge fan of charging for a premium subscription, but instead, you've given me some ideas on how to reward loyal "VIP" readers, for free of course. :-)

sponsored links

13,517 views & 0 likes for this thread
38% off Canon refurbs!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.