Kickflipkid687 wrote in post #17248220
Wait, so u can change the 2 dials and have it switch between AV/TV or what?
Yes. You can swap the dials if you prefer.IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pCwLfT 7DII_3200-0024
Ok, so one more comparison between the 7DI and 7DII:
Gallery ISO 100 - 12800 w/ both bodies: https://www.flickr.com …k/sets/72157646769942864/)
So far, the lower ISOs seem pretty much the same up to ISO 800; but, from there the MkII's noise patterns are much less bothersome and much easier to process. I am particularly liking the 1600 - 6400 range now.
These were all shot in the 1600 - 3200 range:
, on Flickr
1600:IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pCwLqT 7DII_1600-0044
, on FlickrIMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/oYe7nz 7DII_1600-0070
, on Flickr
I still need to go through and MFA all of my lenses and whatnot, but so far this is a great body to have.
And, since there's discussion going on in here, a quick list of things I'm enjoying over the MkI that may/may not have been included in the marketing materials:
- Gasket seal around lens mount to mate up with your weather-sealed lenses
- Locking dial for shooting modes
- AF select lever
- Move of the DoF preview button
- Ability to configure bracketed shots of 2, 3, 5 or 7
- "Same expo for new aperture":
This might be one of the coolest adjustments I've seen in a while. In M, when zooming a variable aperture lens or throwing on a lens with a different aperture than the previous one, the camera will adjust either ISO or shutter speed [configurable] to maintain the previous exposure.
- Ability to specify 'usable' shutter speed and aperture ranges
- Ability to set continuous shooting speed for High, Low and Silent.
High: 4 - 10/fps
Low: 1 - 9/fps
Silent: 1 - 4
- Updates to the viewfinder to allow warnings and other various shooting info to be displayed without having to remove the eye from the VF.
- Multi-function Lock configuration: Set which controls get locked out when the multi-function Lock switch is engaged
- Set minimum shutter speed to use with Auto ISO
- Ability to continue to set EC when using Auto ISO
- In camera multi-exposure blending/in camera HDR
- Built-in Intervalometer - Basic but nice to have. Hh/Mm/Ss + # of shots
- Built-in Bulb timer - Finally...I've wanted this one in-camera since the 40D
- Silent shoot continuous drive