Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 29 Oct 2014 (Wednesday) 01:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN G-Series Speed Challenge # 508: Handmade

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 04, 2014 14:16 |  #16

Congrarulations Sibil, teekay and marie. I always like the light angle that enhances texture or volume. OhLook's photo has that type of lighting too.

Raven wrote:
... I like how you incorporated the tree stump into the display. ...

Thanks! I like it too. The original intention was a photo to show the very small size of that kite, but the wood texture made an interesting background for the little kite.

Below: the winged box kite is not the bigger kite I have, but the comparison is interesting. At right, the delta kite compared to a known object (the tripod).

IMAGE: http://rpolitsr.rafaelpolit.com/potngserieschall/CRW_1402_y_1428_480px.jpg

Interesting theme, Raven and nice judging.

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

marie
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002

Nov 04, 2014 15:25 as a reply to  @ rpolitsr's post |  #17

: )

Congratulations to winner Sibil
and to #2 teekay
really loved the photos. thats a very special lovely gift from child to mum
and really nice teapot shot like it

and thank you very much Jim for hosting and all which comes with it.

thanks for judgment on the dolly's clothes.
they are getting old .dolly is even older. a lot
(I think she is well over 100 years old)
:mrgreen:
when her rubber body wore out I knitted her another body and stuffed it lol. then later dressed her as though she had not needed a 'body lift'
much loved . given to me as a child by a neighbour . I think all the loving and hugging actually nearly killed her off (dolly , not the neighbour)
hence the replacement body. :eek:
originally she had it all ,with the most gorgeous chubby legs and arms (rubber)
:cool: lovely challenge and photos
I always love to see the beautiful kites Rafael, well done
love to see ones like it out on the plains...flying high
sometimes the big fellows with the larger heavy 'kites' actually have lift off for a few seconds , going upwards into the air and whirling around with the force of the wind (and the strength of those kites combined )
with their expert experience at handling all . they have wheels on the boards which are attached to their feet and when they touch ground can run along for some distance at a fair speed
its great fun watching them, and more especially for them. whenever they are out. they are not always there.
probably have busy working lives also
thanks again Jim
lovely photos from everyone

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105
Lmm10-22mm,17-40,17-85, 70-300,60mm

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,489 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN G-Series Speed Challenge # 508: Handmade
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.