Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 10 Oct 2014 (Friday) 08:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Gitzo Rebate Going on Now

jnswcd
67 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Oct 10, 2014 08:44 |  #1

Gitzo is once again offering rebates on tripods. Buy a Gitzo product valued at $450 or more and get a check for $150. Purchase between now and 12/31/14, and get your rebates postmarked by 1/31/15.

Example: GT1542T CF Traveler, currently priced at $574.90 on Amazon, will be $424.90 net after rebate.

Gear | T3i | 24-105L | 28 f1.8 | 70-300IS | 430EX II |

sponsored links
blanex1
790 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Oct 14, 2014 12:06 |  #2

thanks,this is vary nice to no.

canon 7d bg-e7 5d-mk3 1d-mk3 24-105-L 17-40 L 35/1.4 85/1.8 yougnuo 565 ex 580 ex and lots of other canon stuff.canon 70-200 2.8 L

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 15, 2014 01:22 |  #3

blanex1@netzero.com wrote in post #17212425 (external link)
thanks,this is vary nice to no.

Actually, I don't think it varies as much as nice to no. I think it is just nice.

Bryan

My Gear List

peter_n
Goldmember
2,444 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 15, 2014 09:08 |  #4

jnswcd wrote in post #17204976 (external link)
Buy a Gitzo product valued at $450 or more and get a check for $150.

No you don't get a check, you get a $150 prepaid Visa card.

Note to potential buyers of systematics: Their systematic line is still being sold with the 6X carbon fiber tubing, although the Mountaineer line got the new eXact CF formulation in February of this year I think. eXact legs are said to be more rigid and sturdier than 6X.

Given that the new composite will migrate to the systematics soon you might want to hold off on a purchase for the time being.

~Peter

jnswcd
THREAD ­ STARTER
67 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Oct 16, 2014 10:45 |  #5

peter_n wrote in post #17213994 (external link)
No you don't get a check, you get a $150 prepaid Visa card.

Note to potential buyers of systematics: Their systematic line is still being sold with the 6X carbon fiber tubing, although the Mountaineer line got the new eXact CF formulation in February of this year I think. eXact legs are said to be more rigid and sturdier than 6X.

Given that the new composite will migrate to the systematics soon you might want to hold off on a purchase for the time being.

I'm pretty sure it is a check this time around. Some 2013 rebates were in the form of Visa Prepaid Cards, yes, but this rebate form clearly says "check" and makes no allusions to Prepaid Cards.

Here's the rebate form that Amazon posted: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com …19829670._V3240​37094_.pdf (external link)

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Oct 22, 2014 10:02 |  #6

bps wrote in post #17213595 (external link)
Actually, I don't think it varies as much as nice to no. I think it is just nice.

Bryan

Good one! :lol::lol:

My Gear

peter_n
Goldmember
2,444 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 28, 2014 08:00 |  #7

jnswcd wrote in post #17216261 (external link)
I'm pretty sure it is a check this time around. Some 2013 rebates were in the form of Visa Prepaid Cards, yes, but this rebate form clearly says "check" and makes no allusions to Prepaid Cards.

Here's the rebate form that Amazon posted: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com …19829670._V3240​37094_.pdf (external link)

Thank you for pointing this out and providing the link. I bought a Gitzo systematic from B&H some years ago and the rebate came in the form of a prepaid Visa debit card. As of this date the PDF link on the B&H page is still showing the rebate as a Visa card. Obviously Gitzo has widened the scope of their rebates as Amazon didn't offer the rebate when I bought my systematic.

So some of these rebates are Visa cards and some are checks, personally I'd go for a check as the debit card is less convenient at least to me. Gitzo probably has a contract with Visa that hasn't expired yet.

~Peter

jnswcd
THREAD ­ STARTER
67 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Oct 28, 2014 12:06 |  #8

peter_n wrote in post #17237309 (external link)
Thank you for pointing this out and providing the link. I bought a Gitzo systematic from B&H some years ago and the rebate came in the form of a prepaid Visa debit card. As of this date the PDF link on the B&H page is still showing the rebate as a Visa card. Obviously Gitzo has widened the scope of their rebates as Amazon didn't offer the rebate when I bought my systematic.

So some of these rebates are Visa cards and some are checks, personally I'd go for a check as the debit card is less convenient at least to me. Gitzo probably has a contract with Visa that hasn't expired yet.

How very interesting about that B&H Visa promotion. Thank you for bringing that info into the conversation, as it could sway people's purchasing decisions.

bikfoto
Alexander the Wannabe
422 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Oct 28, 2014 18:40 |  #9

Great price! Probably the best I've seen so far.

bikfoto (external link)
Need a WEBSITE? (external link)
Gear & Feedback
flickr (external link)

peter_n
Goldmember
2,444 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 29, 2014 06:53 |  #10

bikfoto wrote in post #17238484 (external link)
Great price! Probably the best I've seen so far.

Yes I was tempted myself with a big systematic, but given that Gitzo hasn't yet migrated their systematic line up to the new eXact carbon fiber tubes I decided to hold off on a purchase.

~Peter

OneyedJack
140 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 06, 2014 14:01 |  #11

Just curious if anyone has first hand experience with two Gitzo rebates during a single promotion. Can you claim this rebate more than once? I see nothing in this rebate's fine print that would prevent me from buying a second qualifying item and applying for another $150.

5Dmk2 | 24-105f4 | 16-35f2.8 | 70-200f2.8

jnswcd
THREAD ­ STARTER
67 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 06, 2014 14:44 |  #12

OneyedJack wrote in post #17256104 (external link)
Just curious if anyone has first hand experience with two Gitzo rebates during a single promotion. Can you claim this rebate more than once? I see nothing in this rebate's fine print that would prevent me from buying a second qualifying item and applying for another $150.

I do not have first hand experience, but I found the following on the Manfrotto Rebate Central website. This example is close to what I think you're asking about. If this doesn't help, there's a number to call if you have additional questions...855-806-3233:

"Q: I bought more than one of the same product that a rebate was offered on. Can I submit for more than one rebate?
A: Many rebates have a limit on the number of claims that can be submitted on a single promotion. To find out the specific rules for the promotion you are submitting, please review the promotion details on your rebate form or website."

Reward Central FAQ: https://www.reward-central.com/manfrottod​istribution-faqs/ (external link)

peter_n
Goldmember
2,444 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 11, 2014 07:34 |  #13

I would think if you bought a stack of them you might be seen as someone who's buying simply to make a quick sale at a profit. If you bought two different models I'm sure you would be OK, and you could always buy one with the check rebate and the other with the prepaid Visa rebate if you wanted to spread your bets.

I got my 3-series systematic almost four years ago and in that year the retailers were also giving discounts. As I recall the total discount was $250 so the deal was really hard to pass up.

~Peter

OneyedJack
140 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 11, 2014 22:19 |  #14

Thanks for the input guys. I purchased a 3-series systematic and mailed the rebate today. I was also considering the Systematic ball head (5381?) as its price hits the sweet spot of this rebate but will take your advice and call the Manfrotto rebate center prior to ordering.

5Dmk2 | 24-105f4 | 16-35f2.8 | 70-200f2.8

peter_n
Goldmember
2,444 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 12, 2014 09:15 |  #15

^ Nice! But think twice about getting a Gitzo ballhead. They make great tripods but their ballheads are not competitive - you can do a lot better. I'm not even sure that their clamping system is of the Arca-Swiss type dovetail design which is what almost everyone uses.

A very popular head with your new tripod is the RRS BH-55, it costs around $450. An equally popular head is the Sirui K-40X, it costs around $170. I was in the B&H store a couple of weeks ago and had the opportunity to use a K-40X and was impressed. It looks to be very good value for money, the one in the store was really beat up but the friction control on it was working fine and although the head looked terrible it worked perfectly. It seems to be a very durable head.

Both of these ballheads are large with 55mm ball diameters and are perfectly suited to your new 3-series.

~Peter

sponsored links

2,632 views & 0 likes for this thread
Gitzo Rebate Going on Now
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.