Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Nov 2014 (Sunday) 19:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1DX has some serious competition

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,882 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 12, 2014 12:33 |  #76

TeamSpeed wrote in post #17267506 (external link)
Sometimes, especially at a wedding, DOF isn't the critical element, in fact you need larger DOF because there are more group shots, staged or otherwise. High ISO would be useful in the indoor portions of a ceremony, but even then, not all churches are dark, and these days, ISO 6400/12800 is sufficient, and the 7D2 seems to handle that pretty well now.

So if you are doing the portrait (just individuals or couples), the DOF might lend itself to the FF, unless you have a fast prime for your crop, and low light would lend itself to the FF, but in almost any other situation, the 7D2 should work just fine. It will be interesting to see if Mr. Ziser changes over from his 7D to the 7D2 for his wedding business.

Of course Mike has extensively more experience with weddings as its his revenue stream, so he can come in and correct me, as can others that shoot weddings as a revenue stream.

when I had my 7D, I could EASILY take a 135L and put the rt eye 100% in focus and have to middle of the head go soft.......when done correctly with the right lens, shallow DOF is not all that hard on a crop and you get very acceptable results

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,882 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 12, 2014 12:38 as a reply to  @ post 17267626 |  #77

Big Country knows what he is doing. Cant wait to see some of those wedding files. I dont have a wedding until next month:mad:

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

N2bnfunn
713 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 12, 2014 23:58 |  #78

TJays wrote in post #17262757 (external link)
Well I'm sure the 7DII is a good camera for sports / action shooting, it's not 1DX picture image quality.

Thanks you TJ .......

Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

14,558 views & 0 likes for this thread
1DX has some serious competition
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.