Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 04 Dec 2005 (Sunday) 17:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Member introductions

Boone13
387 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Oct 02, 2014 13:24 |  #961

Welcome to the forum Allison!

Some moments are too amazing to be ruined with words.

sponsored links
Kijho
39 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Oct 08, 2014 15:07 |  #962

Hello all!
New to the forum figured I'd post a quick introduction here. I'll probably be spending my time watching and taking part in discussions under the Transportation sub-forum. I'm a young guy from Canada with interest in automotive photography. Really love bikes and cars.

Currently shoot a Canon 70D with a few lenses. The Sigma 10-20 f4 is probably my main lens, but I sometimes use my Canon 70-200 f4 or the good ol' 50mm f1.8.

I previously owned a Kawasaki Ninja 300' but just sold it this past week. Upgrading to a ZX-6R for next season! I also drive a Subaru STI Gc8 Ver 2 which I imported from Japan three years ago when it was first legal in Canada. RHD lots of fun but I've grown out of it and am currently working towards a USDM Subaru (currently really like the GR's).

Anyways quick intro, here's one of my recent photos that I'm very happy with that maybe I'll share :)
(If I shouldn't share here in my intro apologies in advance!)

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3842/15352843611_42d4ef2b22_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/poFk​wc  (external link) IMG_5069a (external link) by Shpixx (external link), on Flickr

~ Cheers!

Website (external link) ~ Facebook (external link) ~ Flickr (external link) ~ My Rig Build (Blog post) (external link)

Boone13
387 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Oct 08, 2014 15:49 |  #963

As a fellow motorcycle lover, welcome! And nice shot!!

Some moments are too amazing to be ruined with words.

hellomarcy
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Oct 12, 2014 07:07 |  #964

Hello again :) I haven't been on this forum for a while! I did a member intro before.. but now I am back. Just wanna say heyyyyyyy

New girl on the block! :) http://hellomarcy.com (external link)

Cananeer
146 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Nov 12, 2014 04:21 as a reply to  @ Boone13's post |  #965

Just checking in
Saying "Hello" to all here.
I'm not completely new to photography sorta miss the film days. Still have my old Canon 35mm half frame "Dial 35" (cool little camera) and the fantastic Yashica TL Electro X. Also have an older digi Panasonic DMC-FZ3 still in use. The current one is a Canon T3i (600D) with the kit lenses EF-S 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS II and EF 75-300mm II. So that's it talk to ya out on the forum. :cool:

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,190 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 12, 2014 05:20 |  #966

Cananeer wrote in post #17266875 (external link)
Just checking in
Saying "Hello" to all here.
I'm not completely new to photography sorta miss the film days. Still have my old Canon 35mm half frame "Dial 35" (cool little camera) and the fantastic Yashica TL Electro X. Also have an older digi Panasonic DMC-FZ3 still in use. The current one is a Canon T3i (600D) with the kit lenses EF-S 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS II and EF 75-300mm II. So that's it talk to ya out on the forum. :cool:

Hi & welcome to PoTN

Has been a while since I saw mention of the Dial 35, I think my one is the branded Bell & Howell version but it is/was good tech in its day with the clockwork film advance :)

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

Cananeer
146 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Nov 13, 2014 00:21 |  #967

Box Brownie wrote in post #17266911 (external link)
Hi & welcome to PoTN

Has been a while since I saw mention of the Dial 35, I think my one is the branded Bell & Howell version but it is/was good tech in its day with the clockwork film advance :)

I received the Dial 35 from my mom way back when. It's not currently workable cause of the kids getting hold of it when I was on a deployment but it is fixable. (just not able to afford it)
Thanks for the welcome very appreciated. I'll grab a pic of it and post it someplace for everyone to talk about :cool:

BN ­ Wedding ­ Photography
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Nov 2014

Nov 17, 2014 21:12 |  #968

Hi all,

A new member here! I'm a professional wedding photographer based in Sydney. Been shooting for over 20 years so not quite a newbie :)

Here's my website: http://www.bnphotograp​hy.com.au (external link)

Cheers,

Ben - BN Wedding Photography Sydney (external link)

Lord_Malone
Cream of the Manpanties.....​... Inventor Great POTN Photo Book
7,686 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 27, 2014 21:19 as a reply to  @ BN Wedding Photography's post |  #969

Hello. Just dropping in to introduce myself. Been out of the photography business for quite a few years but decided that it's time to get back into the hobby now that my current career path is slowing down and coming to an end. Look forward to interacting and learning from you all.

~Spaceships Don't Come Equipped With Rear View Mirrors~
http://www.myspace.com​/chocolate_thai (external link)

Fprodget
38 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2014

Dec 02, 2014 21:20 |  #970

Hello...I am relatively new here. I have just switched from my Olympus stuff to a canon 6d. I picked up my camera during field hockey season in late September as I was tired of the slow focusing Olympus bodies. I have much to learn about my canon and am spending much time reading the various threads here.

Thanks POTN.

John
5D IV 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM, 24-105 L; 17-40 L; 50mm 1.8 Mk1; 100mm 2.0

GLP
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Dec 2014

Dec 14, 2014 16:53 |  #971

Hello everyone, my name is Garfield and this is my first time actually joining a forum. I'm usually in the background reading others posts online and today I decided to actually join to contribute/ask my own questions based on personal experience. I plan on getting advice and also sharing any knowledge I know here so this should be good!

LionPlusL
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Dec 2014

Dec 20, 2014 13:35 |  #972

A little overwhelmed with all the new changes. I havent been on here in well over a year. I cant seem to access my old account of 5+ years (hence overwhelmed finding the information needing to do so) but here I am :)

Lionel
-not happy I had to create a new account
www.eyewonderphotograp​hy.com
www.Lwonder.com

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,849 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Dec 20, 2014 14:47 |  #973

LionPlusL wrote in post #17343218 (external link)
A little overwhelmed with all the new changes. I havent been on here in well over a year. I cant seem to access my old account of 5+ years (hence overwhelmed finding the information needing to do so) but here I am :)

What was your old account? PM me the email and username you used for it if you'd like to recover you access.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

itsdchlorine
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Dec 2014

Dec 30, 2014 01:28 |  #974

Hi everyone! I'm new to this community, but I've been shooting photos as a hobby since 2010. I bought a new Canon 40D at the time and it has been with me all around the world. I currently reside in the Bay Area, got a job here as an architect. Right now I'm trying to get into a studio setup but not sure where to start so I would love find out helpful tips or advice for someone trying to start up (not in a professional sense, more so I can properly take photos of architectural models). I also hope to get some critiques on some of my photos any criticism is welcome, I always want to try and improve. Thanks!

You win some, you lose some, you dim sum.

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,274 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Dec 30, 2014 01:38 |  #975

itsdchlorine wrote in post #17356961 (external link)
Hi everyone! I'm new to this community, but I've been shooting photos as a hobby since 2010. I bought a new Canon 40D at the time and it has been with me all around the world. I currently reside in the Bay Area, got a job here as an architect. Right now I'm trying to get into a studio setup but not sure where to start so I would love find out helpful tips or advice for someone trying to start up (not in a professional sense, more so I can properly take photos of architectural models). I also hope to get some critiques on some of my photos any criticism is welcome, I always want to try and improve. Thanks!

Welcome to the boards.:-) Can't wait to see some of those architectural models.

Mark

sponsored links

216,245 views & 47 likes for this thread
Member introductions
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.