Well, I got up nice and early to go spend several hours playing with the new camera; but after the 35min drive to get up to the park, and with breakfast pending my return, I discovered that some moron (this guy) managed to not pack any spare batteries and the preloaded one was at 20%....<sigh>.
Anyway, I managed a decent hour and a half with some moderately cooperative subjects given the cold temps.
1. Bald Eagle: Massive crop and through branches...handled the situation pretty well
bald eagle-9862 by Guideon72, on Flickr
2. Some Gadwalls floating by
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/q5S8Xi Gadwalls-9929 by Guideon72, on Flickr
3. Red-Winged Blackbird spectating from a nearby tree
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pNDzj9
RWBB-9909 by Guideon72, on Flickr
4. Sparrow (Fox? ID confirmation would be nice...the LBBs stump me)
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pNDztC
Sparrow-9946 by Guideon72, on Flickr
5. Gull flying by (another one I wouldn't mind an ID on; these guys mostly look the same to me)
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/p9fjBd
GIF-9978 by Guideon72, on Flickr
6. Just another Mallard
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/p9fjtY
Mallard-9939 by Guideon72, on Flickr
7. And, the stars of the show at the lake today...the Trumpeters are back! These show up most years, but I normally only catch them at the end of the season. Plus, this year, they seem to have more juvis with them, so hopefully it means the annual visits will be more than 12 birds...
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/p9fjpj
Trumpeters-9913 by Guideon72, on Flickr