Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 16 Nov 2014 (Sunday) 17:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Transfer pics from t5i to iphone 6?

Frank ­ H
635 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Nov 17, 2014 16:09 |  #16

DGStinner wrote in post #17276114 (external link)
The iPhone doesn't take microSD cards.

Ooohh thats right.  :o

Gear List
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
rudy27
66 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 17, 2014 20:32 |  #17

Not sure what price range you want to stay in, but a Camranger will do what you are looking to do.

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 18, 2014 09:46 |  #18

drvnbysound wrote in post #17276131 (external link)
You're right. I thought that was a MicroSD card reader. My apologies.

They have the SD Card Camera Reader, but apparently it's not supported on iPhone:
http://store.apple.com …-to-sd-card-camera-reader (external link)

That is dumb. Like, really, really dumb. There is no reason the iPhone (especially the 6 and 6 Plus) shouldn't work with the adapter. I have one and it's great for the iPad, but that is a completely artificial and silly limitation to not have it work on the phone.

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 18, 2014 17:40 |  #19

Keyan wrote in post #17279300 (external link)
That is dumb. Like, really, really dumb. There is no reason the iPhone (especially the 6 and 6 Plus) shouldn't work with the adapter. I have one and it's great for the iPad, but that is a completely artificial and silly limitation to not have it work on the phone.

I couldn't agree more. Particularly since it has the Lightning connector.

However, the product page doesn't list any phones as compatible devices, and there are plenty of reviews from people who have tried to use it with a phone and said that it didn't work.

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,967 posts
Joined May 2003

Nov 18, 2014 18:19 |  #20

Keyan wrote in post #17279300 (external link)

Apple really doesn't work toward a reasonable amount of connectivity. I could not get their great $30 adapter to work with my wife's iPad 2, nor could the Apple store tech. He offered solutions, upload followed by download, a complete reload of firmware, etc. All this convinced me to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Android) which not only works trouble free as far as transfers offers numerous options. Same way with putting thing on my wife's Samsung Galaxy S? phone.

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 18, 2014 18:45 |  #21

Agreed... no reasonable amount of physical connectivity.

If you want to upload via laptop to Google Drive, Dropbox, etc... you can then download them to the phone. That's just a pain to do!

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Nov 18, 2014 19:42 |  #22
bannedPermanent ban

bikfoto wrote in post #17276415 (external link)
Why don't you upload them to Dropbox, and sync on your iPhone?

Bingo...with the iPhone Dropbox app it is dead simple.

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 18, 2014 21:59 |  #23

Hogloff wrote in post #17280362 (external link)
Bingo...with the iPhone Dropbox app it is dead simple.

The issue from the OP would be getting them from the T5i camera to Dropbox... I believe the premise was to remove the need for a laptop.

Brian Tilley wrote in post #17275829 (external link)
Hi,
There are times when it would be great to be able to do this out in the field (or mountains, lakes, etc ) so we can immediately post, email, or text pics, rather than wait until we get home.

Anyone found a card reader that works with the phone, or any other reasonable method?

sponsored links

28,963 views & 0 likes for this thread
Transfer pics from t5i to iphone 6?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.