Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 29 Oct 2014 (Wednesday) 21:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

38% off Canon refurbs!

khwaja
930 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Nov 09, 2014 21:48 |  #61

Looks like our orders qualify for extended return window for holidays and free ground shipping. We have plenty of time to check any issues and work it out with Canon.

Canon 6D Mark 2, 50mm STM

sponsored links
frozenmoments925
525 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 10, 2014 12:09 as a reply to  @ khwaja's post |  #62

Extended & FREE Holiday Returns
Shop with confidence this holiday! All of the terms listed above apply for holiday returns, except that for purchases made from October 7, 2014 through December 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET, the timeframe for calling to request the RMA has been extended to January 15, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET and ground shipping will be free.

Canon 5D Mark IV / Canon EOS R / Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS Mark II / Canon 24-70L f/2.8 Mark II / Canon 35L f/1.4 / Canon 135L f/2 / Canon 100L f/2.8 Macro / Canon 580 EX II / Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter

khwaja
930 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Nov 10, 2014 14:49 |  #63

frozenmoments925 wrote in post #17263147 (external link)
Extended & FREE Holiday Returns
Shop with confidence this holiday! All of the terms listed above apply for holiday returns, except that for purchases made from October 7, 2014 through December 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET, the timeframe for calling to request the RMA has been extended to January 15, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET and ground shipping will be free.

Does it mean, we have until Jan 15 for returning items? Their wording is little confusing.

Canon 6D Mark 2, 50mm STM

moose10101
registered smartass
1,714 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2010

Nov 10, 2014 14:57 |  #64

khwaja wrote in post #17263429 (external link)
Does it mean, we have until Jan 15 for returning items? Their wording is little confusing.

Yes, it does. What part is confusing?

Aki78
963 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 11, 2014 22:18 |  #65

Dang...70-200 f2.8L IS II for $1,800 or so :o I need to get one next time. I'm glad to see some price drop.

hoverta
55 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Nov 13, 2014 13:46 |  #66

khwaja wrote in post #17263429 (external link)

moose10101 wrote in post #17263443 (external link)
Yes, it does. What part is confusing?

I called and was told that it does not apply if you have opened your camera. If you open your camera and use it and find it defective you only have 14 days as before. Not sure what to believe since the website has two different policies listed. The one above which seems to indicate that you can RMA it even after you've opened it and one in the checkout cart that indicates it only applies if it is unopened.

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,431 posts
Gallery: 173 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 18, 2014 14:26 |  #67

hoverta wrote in post #17269898 (external link)
I called and was told that it does not apply if you have opened your camera. If you open your camera and use it and find it defective you only have 14 days as before. Not sure what to believe since the website has two different policies listed. The one above which seems to indicate that you can RMA it even after you've opened it and one in the checkout cart that indicates it only applies if it is unopened.

I'd print the policy that's on line for your records.

My Treasure Chest
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

pwk
76 posts
Joined Mar 2014

Nov 18, 2014 20:18 |  #68

Really wish I didn't miss this, would've upgraded my body immediately haha

hoverta
55 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Nov 19, 2014 12:57 |  #69

pwk wrote in post #17280422 (external link)
Really wish I didn't miss this, would've upgraded my body immediately haha

Don't worry you didn't miss anything. I think Canon purposely let these go out at a deep discount, if my experience so far is any indication anyways.

A friend ordered a refurb 7D. It was defective and he sent it back.

I got a 70D and it seems to have the dreaded AF problem. I tried it with a tripod last night and my T3i did better in the same exact shots. The AF seems to be rather easy to confuse when using center point only. I guess it's going back too.

Invertalon
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Nov 20, 2014 06:37 |  #70

My 70D was just fine focus wise... It was no worse shot-to-shot than my 5D3 once I had microadjusted my lenses. I was expecting the worst from all I have heard about these "issues".

My luck with new lenses is far worse than Canon refurbs at this point... I have exchanged quite a few brand new lenses due to QC issues (scratches or marks on lens elements... brand new, come on!), decentered lenses, squeaky/loud AF, etc... Granted, it could just be the shipper on the way to my house doing damage, but it sucks anyway.

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

hoverta
55 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Nov 20, 2014 12:00 |  #71

Invertalon wrote in post #17283095 (external link)
My 70D was just fine focus wise... It was no worse shot-to-shot than my 5D3 once I had microadjusted my lenses. I was expecting the worst from all I have heard about these "issues".

My luck with new lenses is far worse than Canon refurbs at this point... I have exchanged quite a few brand new lenses due to QC issues (scratches or marks on lens elements... brand new, come on!), decentered lenses, squeaky/loud AF, etc... Granted, it could just be the shipper on the way to my house doing damage, but it sucks anyway.

Same here. But I think QC has gone done overall at Canon. That's why there are so many more issues with new and refurbs. I have to say that I have had the same experience with new and refurb as you. I tried to buy a lens as a refurb and it had issues. After multiple exchanges I finally gave up and just bought a new one. But lo and behold it had the same issues as the refurb (poor manufacturing for sure).

I think they are cutting corners and hoping no one notices. Because from my experience in the last 2 years the refurbs I have ordered have been noticeably bad. As in they should never have gone out if anyone had even looked them over well just once. Or I'm just lucky. :)

Edit: I will say that at least they have been nice about taking things back without issue.

Jerobean
785 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Nov 20, 2014 12:41 |  #72

hoverta wrote in post #17283673 (external link)
Same here. But I think QC has gone done overall at Canon. That's why there are so many more issues with new and refurbs. I have to say that I have had the same experience with new and refurb as you. I tried to buy a lens as a refurb and it had issues. After multiple exchanges I finally gave up and just bought a new one. But lo and behold it had the same issues as the refurb (poor manufacturing for sure).

I think they are cutting corners and hoping no one notices. Because from my experience in the last 2 years the refurbs I have ordered have been noticeably bad. As in they should never have gone out if anyone had even looked them over well just once. Or I'm just lucky. :)

Edit: I will say that at least they have been nice about taking things back without issue.

strong anecdotal evidence here. a few samples out of thousands definitely paints a very vivid picture.

hoverta
55 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Nov 20, 2014 13:08 |  #73

Jerobean wrote in post #17283761 (external link)
strong anecdotal evidence here. a few samples out of thousands definitely paints a very vivid picture.

Well, as I said, perhaps I'm just lucky. :)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Nov 20, 2014 15:38 |  #74

Is anyone thinking Canon might run another discounted Refub sale in the next month, I am looking to pick up 2 60D's and a lens or two

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 20, 2014 16:38 |  #75

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #17284043 (external link)
Is anyone thinking Canon might run another discounted Refub sale in the next month, I am looking to pick up 2 60D's and a lens or two

Absolutely, yes.

sponsored links

13,516 views & 0 likes for this thread
38% off Canon refurbs!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.