Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 28 Nov 2014 (Friday) 10:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I sold it all, i'm out.

bent ­ toe
Goldmember
1,951 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Jul 2012

Nov 28, 2014 10:50 |  #1

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thanks to this great community and all the helpfull members and ofcourse all the amazing photos you guys take.

I've sold everything i had and moved over to Fujifilm X100s (holy crap that is one awesome APS-C camera) and the X20.

See ya :) :arrow:

"High life on low budget"
bent photos (external link)Portfoliobox (external link)
X-Pro1 XF 35 f/1.4

sponsored links
Tom_D
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 28, 2014 11:07 |  #2

bent toe wrote in post #17297546 (external link)
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thanks to this great community and all the helpfull members and ofcourse all the amazing photos you guys take.

I've sold everything i had and moved over to Fujifilm X100s (holy crap that is one awesome APS-C camera) and the X20.

No reason to leave, especially when the AMASS site goes live. Having used Canon and now Fujifilm what do you like better, what do you miss and most important how have your photos improved?

Gallery (external link)
7DMkII, 40D, 17-55, 70-200 f/2.8 IS and more...
More Wag, Less Bark

kf095
Cream of the Crop
6,500 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 28, 2014 11:19 as a reply to  @ Tom_D's post |  #3

Good for you. I still need DSLRs, not just fancy P&S.
But my wife is in opposite. She can't handle Canon DSLRs and using old advanced 5MP FujiFilm P&S.

Old Site (external link). M-E and ME blog (external link). Film Flickr (external link). my DigitaL and AnaLog Gear.

Ranie ­ Dib
412 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 28, 2014 11:33 |  #4

Loved your pictures on flcikr, hope to see more of your work.

Amamba
Goldmember
3,679 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 28, 2014 13:48 |  #5

Hi guys,

You'll be back :) I've made the switch almost two years ago and I am still coming back here, this is one great site.

Ex-Canon shooter. Now Sony Nex.
Life Lessons: KISS. RTFM. Don't sweat the small stuff.
My Gear List (external link)

taemo
Goldmember
1,243 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Nov 28, 2014 17:33 |  #6

the X100 series camera is definitely the 'desert island' type of camera.
i honestly can do most of my photography with my X100

earldieta.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - tumblr (external link) - gear/feedback
the spirit is willing but the body is sore and squishy
4 digital cameras | 14 film cameras

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
14,079 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

Nov 28, 2014 21:10 |  #7

Tom_D wrote in post #17297568 (external link)
No reason to leave, especially when the AMASS site goes live. Having used Canon and now Fujifilm what do you like better, what do you miss and most important how have your photos improved?

also, 'good bye' threads is a rule on potn. so you gotta make it up by staying and flooding the Fuji part of the forum with your inputs and photos :p

Tony_Stark
Shellhead
4,287 posts
Joined May 2010

Nov 28, 2014 21:51 |  #8

As much as the Fuji X100 is adored, and Im sure its an amazing camera, I just cant spend money on a camera with a fixed lens. No matter how good it is. Just feel so constrained and restricted with what I can do. I mean this for $1000+ cameras.

Nikon D810 | 24-70/2.8G | 58/1.4G
EOS M | 22 f/2 STM

Website (external link) | flickr (external link)

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 29, 2014 12:54 |  #9

bent toe wrote:
=bent toe;17297Good luck WITH that .. expense ve camera,546]Hi guys,

Good luck with that. Short Expensive lenses from Fujifilm and Canon is the king of high iso. You'll be back.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,589 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 29, 2014 13:01 |  #10

kf095 wrote in post #17297592 (external link)
Good for you. I still need DSLRs, not just fancy P&S.
But my wife is in opposite. She can't handle Canon DSLRs and using old advanced 5MP FujiFilm P&S.

You clearly don't understand what the X100 line of cameras are...

Tony_Stark wrote in post #17298658 (external link)
As much as the Fuji X100 is adored, and Im sure its an amazing camera, I just cant spend money on a camera with a fixed lens. No matter how good it is. Just feel so constrained and restricted with what I can do. I mean this for $1000+ cameras.

I get what you mean, but the fixed lens allows you to have a leaf shutter, excellent optics, and a tiny size, for many people that's all you need ;)

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #17299688 (external link)
Good luck with that. Small Excellent lenses from Fujifilm and beating Canon as the king of high iso (for crop) and skin tones. You'll love it.

Fixed it for you ;)

Seriously though for those of you who doubt it, pick one up for a month and I'd bet many of you would change your mind.

And bent toe, don't leave, just come to this section ;) https://photography-on-the.net …ad.php?t=126362​6&page=183

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,923 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Nov 29, 2014 13:03 |  #11

Hi guys,

I'm using Sony now and still post. Just create a Fuji thread if there isn't one. I'm pretty sure there is as many I know on this forum shoot Fuji.

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,923 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Nov 29, 2014 13:06 |  #12

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #17299688 (external link)
Good luck with that. Short Expensive lenses from Fujifilm and Canon is the king of high iso. You'll be back.

Canon King of high ISO? I take it you have never used a Nikon Df or Sony A7s? Those are the kings of High ISO. Canon can't touch them not even with the 1Dx.

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,589 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 29, 2014 13:27 |  #13

vipergts831 wrote in post #17299710 (external link)
Canon King of high ISO? I take it you have never used a Nikon Df or Sony A7s? Those are the kings of High ISO. Canon can't touch them not even with the 1Dx.

Be careful bringing the truth into these arguments... :lol:

Honestly though, the difference between the 5D3, 6D, 1DX, D750, Df, D4s or a7S are all pretty much as near as makes no difference at ISO12800 imo. The 1DX, Df, D4s and a7S definitely have the edge beyond that though, but again, I think they're all very close to each other at those crazy high ISO's.

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-H1 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)www.LucasGPhoto.com (external link)

BrandonSi
Nevermind.. I'm silly.
5,306 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Nov 29, 2014 13:59 |  #14

Enjoy! My Fuji (XT-1 + x100s) phase lasted ~3 months. I couldn't do APS-C full time. Ended up back with a Canon, but with an A7R + Ricoh GR in tow. :) It was a fun experiment, and I think mirrorless cameras make a great 2nd body / setup, but the AF performance isn't there yet for my needs.

[ www (external link)· flickr (external link)]

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,088 posts
Gallery: 616 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Nov 29, 2014 14:04 |  #15

BrandonSi wrote in post #17299800 (external link)
Enjoy! My Fuji (XT-1 + x100s) phase lasted ~3 months. I couldn't do APS-C full time. Ended up back with a Canon, but with an A7R + Ricoh GR in tow. :) It was a fun experiment, and I think mirrorless cameras make a great 2nd body / setup, but the AF performance isn't there yet for my needs.

This. Also only lasted <6 months with the xt1, but hope it works out for you mate. Get yourself onto the POTN fuji thread and keep posting

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black
Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

sponsored links

10,709 views & 6 likes for this thread
I sold it all, i'm out.
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.