Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 13:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New format.. makes me dizzy

this thread is locked
charlie ­ z
865 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 01, 2014 13:41 |  #16

I like the god hand on the right lol

sponsored links
Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,219 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 01, 2014 13:42 |  #17

Tough crowd ...

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

DieselTech
73 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Dec 01, 2014 13:48 |  #18

I FEEL DIZZY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont like the new layout.
This happend with another forum I used to use, then I just quit it.

5D mk II, Rokinon 8mm, Rokinon 14mm, 28mm 1.8, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 85mm 1.2L II, 100mm 2.8L, 24-105mm L, 70-200mm 2.8L IS II

kanadary
102 posts
Joined May 2012

Dec 01, 2014 13:50 |  #19

i can't seem to find the equipment for sale listing.. it use to be where the market watch was. did it move or am i just blind?

Jay ­ B
133 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 01, 2014 13:52 |  #20

Not feelin it at all.

My camera doesn't take great pictures.....I do! :rolleyes:
Canon 50D
EF-S-18-55 IS / EF-S 55-250 IS / EF-S 60 Macro / Sigma 150-500/ EF-28-105 (Burned out motor) Tamron 18-270, Sigma 17-70

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,219 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 01, 2014 13:53 |  #21

kanadary wrote in post #17301052 (external link)
i can't seem to find the equipment for sale listing.. it use to be where the market watch was. did it move or am i just blind?

New Rules:
Services Needed and Services Offered: 30 posts AND 60 days of membership. For Sale and Want to Buy: 100 posts and 180 days of membership. Both forums start from scratch. There will be a total marketplace system update later.

Read more at: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17301057

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,899 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Dec 01, 2014 13:55 |  #22

strobe monkey wrote in post #17300821 (external link)
I'm talking about the forum's new look... TBH, I prefer the old version.. this new one looks gay, and it makes me dizzy... sorry...

first off a couple of things, I don't like the way you have used the word gay. Unless of course you mean that this new forum rocks then yes it is gay. :-)

The new forum is built from the ground up by Pekka being designed by photographers in mind. You can now added photos to your own gallery and also tag the photos with the make model of the camera and the lens. You can also do your own review of the gear that you have owned or currently owned. over time this is going to build up a big database of personal information about gear itself.

While some would like to change the colour there is some advantage to having such a neutral colour to everything and that is it doesn't effect the colours of the images that are posted.

POTN is about photography now and not just canon cameras. This should enable more people to come and browse and take part in the forum and hence making it bigger.

I would hope that people give the new layout and esp the new features ago.

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,112 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 5 years ago by TeamSpeed. (2 edits in all)

Dec 01, 2014 13:57 |  #23

Like anything else, most folks dislike change and will grumble over it. New cars, new cameras, new forums, etc.

Give it time, there is alot of power in this new board, and I suggest you read all the announcements that were put out on the boards months in advance with videos, etc.

This board works much better on mobile devices as well, and is more secure, we should see much less, if any, spam.

Also, as people review gear and put their ratings out there, and add photos to their galleries, you will have much more capability here for researching equipment and finding sample images from said equipment than on any other board, period.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

the_weird_one
169 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 01, 2014 14:01 |  #24

How do you go about deleting your account? At least with the old software I knew how to do that, if I wanted but this new software doesn't seem to have the option.

| Canon EOS 7D + Battery Grip | Canon Speedlite 430EX II | Canon 24-105 f4L IS USM | Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM | Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX DG OS | Tamron SP 24-70 f2.8 Di VC USD |
My Flickr (external link)

dtufino
Goldmember
4,040 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Dec 01, 2014 14:01 |  #25

Not me..... I dislike, it, will take my postings and contribution elsewhere.... Sad because i've been a member of this forums for quite and while and the reason why i stuck around was because of it's simplicity! This changes everything....

-David T.
www.dtufinophoto.com (external link)

@dtufino_photo (external link)
flickr (external link)

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,620 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 01, 2014 14:04 |  #26

dtufino wrote in post #17301097 (external link)
Not me..... I dislike, it, will take my postings and contribution elsewhere.... Sad because i've been a member of this forums for quite and while and the reason why i stuck around was because of it's simplicity! This changes everything....

Not everyone will like the changes, but I am glad you gave the place a whopping 5 minutes of your time to allow yourself to adjust.

Just like televisions moved to LED Widescreens, flip phones shifted to smartphones, the forum went ahead and updated itself...

I think you have made your point that you do not like it. You are very welcome to leave and move to pastures new. Like all things in life, this is a move made by the owner to please the masses, not the single person like you or me.

SmugMug (external link)

dtufino
Goldmember
4,040 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Dec 01, 2014 14:06 as a reply to  @ Harm's post |  #27

that was fast... good to know the trolls love the new layout... LOL

-David T.
www.dtufinophoto.com (external link)

@dtufino_photo (external link)
flickr (external link)

charlie ­ z
865 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 01, 2014 14:08 |  #28

Oh come on give it some time at least ... its a forum same people same camera stuff going on ;-)a

Luckless
Goldmember
3,064 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 01, 2014 14:09 |  #29

All the new photo related features are neat and all, however that doesn't really help the issue of the visual design and information presentation of the forum itself feeling rather crude by modern design standards.

There is a lot of dull-dead space, the site has poor visibility flow, and reads very slowly. It does not feel like using a site build with modern User Experience and User Interface design testing in mind.

I doubt it will take long to learn and become just as effective using it as the old site, but I would strongly encourage more work and feedback for a future UI refinement be explored.

Canon EOS 7D | EF 28 f/1.8 | EF 85 f/1.8 | EF 70-200 f/4L | EF-S 17-55 | Sigma 150-500
Flickr: Real-Luckless (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,112 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 5 years ago by TeamSpeed. (3 edits in all)

Dec 01, 2014 14:14 |  #30

Luckless wrote in post #17301125 (external link)
All the new photo related features are neat and all, however that doesn't really help the issue of the visual design and information presentation of the forum itself feeling rather crude by modern design standards.

There is a lot of dull-dead space, the site has poor visibility flow, and reads very slowly. It does not feel like using a site build with modern User Experience and User Interface design testing in mind.

I doubt it will take long to learn and become just as effective using it as the old site, but I would strongly encourage more work and feedback for a future UI refinement be explored.

There is no more deadspace here than on the old vbulletin implementation (go to your FYEO page and change margins and looks). There have been months of testing and input on this already. Of the quarter million active members, I fully expect 20-30% won't like it, mostly due to resistance to change and the fact they don't click around and read the reference info, watch the videos, etc. In 1-2 months, this will all die down, and business on the forum will be more active than it is now.

We just need to work through it and help others that need to know where things are, it won't take long at all.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

sponsored links

140,116 views & 461 likes for this thread
New format.. makes me dizzy
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.