Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 24 Feb 2014 (Monday) 08:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony A7 models with non-Sony lenses

Shadowblade
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 02, 2014 06:37 |  #4696

DTBaan wrote in post #17303403 (external link)
Shadowblade. an honest question, do you have any junk pictures? all your pictures are beautiful :P

Heaps. I probably throw out 99% of the frames I shoot. Mind you, most of them are different moments of the same thing - I might shoot a hundred images or more (each consisting of several frames for a panorama and/or exposure blending) taking a sunrise or sunset shot at a location, in order to pick one at just the right moment.

Here's another one, this time from Singapore.

A7r and TS-E 17L

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,920 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Dec 02, 2014 07:06 as a reply to  @ Shadowblade's post |  #4697

Very nice! Shadow since you created the thread you have the ability to remove the "with canon lenses" wording from it. I believe I saw that as a new option now. When you have a chance could you do so? Some thread members asked. Thanks! :)

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

Shadowblade
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 02, 2014 07:10 |  #4698

vipergts831 wrote in post #17304018 (external link)
Very nice! Shadow since you created the thread you have the ability to remove the "with canon lenses" wording from it. I believe I saw that as a new option now. When you have a chance could you do so? Some thread members asked. Thanks! :)

I wasn't the one who gave this thread its current name - it was renamed when the A7s came out and the 'with Canon lenses' part added.

Also, I can't edit the name any more, since it's already been replied to.

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,207 posts
Gallery: 123 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 02, 2014 10:37 |  #4699

Since threads are being consolidated under the new forum, maybe we should use this thread to post image using lenses other than Sony. Here's one using the Canon 70-200L f4 IS @ 200mm.

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7563/15745408919_a8aab94805_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pZnk​vz  (external link)
Tiny flowers- (external link) by navydoc45 (external link), on Flickr

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,813 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 02, 2014 11:59 |  #4700

navydoc wrote in post #17304743 (external link)
Since threads are being consolidated under the new forum, maybe we should use this thread to post image using lenses other than Sony. Here's one using the Canon 70-200L f4 IS @ 200mm.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/pZnk​vz  (external link)
Tiny flowers- (external link) by navydoc45 (external link), on Flickr

that is my thought. we need to spam and make the sony side a busy one. we finally get our own little section. now, is the time to put it into use.

you only live once, make it count!

HOSTED PHOTO

yeah I'm lame.. anyways, the hard part is to post pictures in the camera section? or lens section? ><

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,813 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 02, 2014 12:01 |  #4701

Shadowblade wrote in post #17303933 (external link)
Heaps. I probably throw out 99% of the frames I shoot. Mind you, most of them are different moments of the same thing - I might shoot a hundred images or more (each consisting of several frames for a panorama and/or exposure blending) taking a sunrise or sunset shot at a location, in order to pick one at just the right moment.

Here's another one, this time from Singapore.

A7r and TS-E 17L

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Shadowblade in
./showthread.php?p=173​03933&i=i48888096
forum: Sony Cameras

hehhe
fair.

nice composition and interesting. are those acting as a lamp or just columns?

vipergts831
43,920 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 02, 2014 20:07 |  #4702

Some shots from our trip to Pisa, Italy

Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,207 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 02, 2014 21:04 |  #4703

Omar, you've posted these images in three different threads in the Sony Cameras forum. Is that really necessary?

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

vipergts831
43,920 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by vipergts831.

Dec 02, 2014 21:27 |  #4704

navydoc wrote in post #17306828 (external link)
Omar, you've posted these images in three different threads in the Sony Cameras forum. Is that really necessary?

Three? They sit in two. Here appear three images due to the A7r. Two appear in the lens thread for the FE 55 due to use with the FE 55. No different as others in here have done with posting same combos of images in different threads across POTN.

Plus my title allows me to post as much as I want all over the Sony Threads! :)

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,813 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 03, 2014 00:10 |  #4705

vinmunoz wrote in post #17204850 (external link)
nice shots right there. is that a crater? looks like you're in the clouds already.

sorry for not replying to this before. missed this one. currently looking through the thread to add pictures to my gallery ehehe

thanks for your compliment. its no crater, just mountain walls and fog. this was during my trip on an Alaska cruise and this part here is called Tracy Arms Fjord. Beautiful passage with fresh clean air. Both sides had these high mountain walls and we were cruising in between them :)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
11,941 posts
Gallery: 541 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 03, 2014 01:08 |  #4706

Dare I say it but we now have too many sony threads.

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
RX1R II | α7R III | Voigtlander 15 | Loxia 21 | Batis 25 | Batis 85

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,813 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 03, 2014 01:22 |  #4707

David Arbogast wrote in post #17281811 (external link)
:lol: :lol: :lol: You misremembered. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really really really mean it this time. In a few years you guys are all going to be having fun discussing your new a9 IV's and I'll still be stuck with my crappy ol' original a9.

a9m4... coming from sony.. that shouldn't take too long right? :P

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,813 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 03, 2014 01:37 |  #4708

navydoc wrote in post #17302171 (external link)
Speaking of exif information, it looks like that all has to be entered manually for images linked from our Flickr pages. Am I missing something or should I not even worry about it?

Gene. I do not know if you got the information yet but with flickr the exif is only on the original picture. therefor not available with the resized pictures. I saw Pekka posting it but I don't have time to look for that post.

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,207 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 03, 2014 02:05 |  #4709

DTBaan wrote in post #17307417 (external link)
Gene. I do not know if you got the information yet but with flickr the exif is only on the original picture. therefor not available with the resized pictures. I saw Pekka posting it but I don't have time to look for that post.

Yes, I did see that post from Pekka. I'll have to check to see what the minimum exif info is required to add an image to a gallery.

There's no rush in doing this anyway. I doubt any of my photos will wind up anywhere other than my own gallery.

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,813 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 03, 2014 02:19 as a reply to  @ navydoc's post |  #4710

it's actually cool. and you would need to add almost everything including saving it into your gallery. you can then click on the gear and look at other member's picture who has 'registered' their picture as well. try adding a picture in your gallery and click on the 'A7R' or the lens. few ways, you can look through the gallery.

1. by clicking on top of the image that is posted with the data.

HOSTED PHOTO

2. by clicking on yours or other's gear list under your 'home page'

HOSTED PHOTO

3. by browsing the actual geat list.

sponsored links

1,193,982 views & 1,452 likes for this thread
Sony A7 models with non-Sony lenses
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.