Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support 
Thread started 14 Nov 2014 (Friday) 12:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

L-Bracket and tethering for 1Dm4

merp
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006
Post edited over 6 years ago by merp.

Nov 14, 2014 12:50 |  #1
bannedPermanently

Hey all,

I shoot tethered to my 99.9% of the time in the studio, but I would like to get an L-Bracket. Some L-Brackets would block my input on my 1D, is there an L-bracket/attachment I could get that wouldn't block my cable for my 1Dm4. I see them for the 1Dx/5Dm3 but still kinda confused. Camera systems are obviously built differently.

If I can't find it I guess I'll just need to buy the 1Dx.

Thanks.

sponsored links
xarik
Goldmember
1,787 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Nov 14, 2014 12:53 |  #2

I'd recon all 1D's are fairly similar and the 1D4 and 1DX would use the same bracket, so if one works for the 1DX, I'd give it a shot for the 1D4 (buy it off Amazon or something so you can return it if needed). Why get an L bracket if you arent going to go portrait while tethered though?

Bodies: Canon 5D3 - Canon 1D4
Lenses: Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM SPORTS - Canon 100mm F2.8 L - Canon 70-200mm F2.8 L - - Canon 85mm F1.2 L V2 - Canon 40mm F2.8 Pancake
Extras: 2 Neewer TT520 Speedlites - Manfrotto 3021BPRO and ballhead

Check out my Flickr (external link)!

blanex1
790 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Nov 14, 2014 13:23 |  #3

buying a 1dx just so you can shoot tethered ! they make a L bracket for the 1d mk4 sold by really right stuff or one buy fittest brand,seems that they all cost alot though!i use the fittest L bracket on my 7d vary well made because it was a little cheaper than RRS.

canon 7d bg-e7 5d-mk3 1d-mk3 24-105-L 17-40 L 35/1.4 85/1.8 yougnuo 565 ex 580 ex and lots of other canon stuff.canon 70-200 2.8 L

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Nov 14, 2014 15:36 |  #4

The RRS L brackets are designed to allow clearance for your cable ports, even when in Portrait orientation. If that's not enough clearance, they also offer a cable relief spacer (external link).

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

cicopo
Goldmember
3,551 posts
Gallery: 242 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 14, 2014 21:15 |  #5

An RRS L bracket is a lot cheaper than a 1Dx.

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.

Mike ­ Deep
Goldmember
1,913 posts
Gallery: 94 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 14, 2014 23:44 |  #6

In case you're still confused... RRS makes an L-bracket specifically for the Mk III and Mk IV. The 1DX bracket is a separate product.

http://www.reallyright​stuff.com/s.nl/sc.26/c​ategory.2443/.f (external link)

mikedeep.com (external link) - rocket launch photography

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 15, 2014 00:29 |  #7

xarik wrote in post #17271942 (external link)
I'd recon all 1D's are fairly similar and the 1D4 and 1DX would use the same bracket, so if one works for the 1DX, I'd give it a shot for the 1D4 (buy it off Amazon or something so you can return it if needed). Why get an L bracket if you arent going to go portrait while tethered though?

they aren't that similar !

the 1D, 1Ds, 1Dmk2 1Dsmk2, 1Dmk2N have the same port layout.
1Dmk3 1Dmk4 and 1Dsmk3 have the same port layout (though the 1d4 has a different cover for the WFT unit connector)
and the 1DX is different again.

RRS should have something that will work for you

My Best Imageswww.echo63.deviantart.​com (external link)
Gear listhttps://photography-on-the.net …p?p=2463426&pos​tcount=385

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Dec 05, 2014 21:00 |  #8
bannedPermanently

Ah nice okay and I found out I need a spacer too!

Thanks guys!

merp
THREAD ­ STARTER
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Dec 05, 2014 21:00 as a reply to  @ blanex1's post |  #9
bannedPermanently

lol.

sponsored links

2,522 views & 0 likes for this thread
L-Bracket and tethering for 1Dm4
FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.