Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 06 Dec 2014 (Saturday) 05:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Renting Camera Equipment Online

gmm213
I know some really nice clowns
783 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Dec 06, 2014 05:15 |  #1

So i would like to try some cameras before I commit. I know there are places that rent high end cameras. Unfortunately my area has no B&M shops that rent equipment so far as I found, its all video equipment. Anyone know of anywhere online where I could rent a camera with a lens or two thats reputable? Or if anyone out there is familiar with my area, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Newport News and knows of a place Im just not finding let me know. Thank you

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
Mayhem # 3789333 (external link)

sponsored links
nqjudo
Goldmember
3,202 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 06, 2014 05:26 |  #2

I've rented from lensrentals.com and .ca (don't know if they are associated) and they both provided professional and efficient service but like most camera rental outfits I found them pricey.

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. - Edward Steichen.

MichiTimm
837 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 06, 2014 06:31 |  #3

Another vote for lensrentals.com. I've rented cameras and lenses, several times. Been happy with the deal each time and will use them again.

Kalvin00
59 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by Kalvin00. (2 edits in all)

Dec 06, 2014 08:12 |  #4

I use borrowlenses.com... they are based here in the Bay Area. Comparable prices to other sites i've browsed. Everything i've rented was in great condition.

They also do various specials throughout the year...right now they are offering 12 free rental days if you have a rental that ends on Christmas.

KaosImagery
Goldmember
1,443 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 06, 2014 08:52 |  #5

I have only used lensrentals.com a couple of times for lenses. Great service and communication. Fair price, but I had a discount code...read their blog for the latest offerings. They are located in TN so shipping to the east coast is quick.

Website (external link) flickr (external link) 500px (external link) FaceBook (external link)

mrfixitx
607 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Dec 06, 2014 10:05 |  #6

I have used lensrentals.com several times and was very pleased with their service. The last lens I rented a 100-400L was extremely sharp and arrived well packaged and was cheaper with insurance than renting from my local camera store that does not offer any insurance options and places a hold for 100% of the lens value on your card.

Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships! - Ansel Adams (external link)
http://www.brandons-photography.com/ (external link)

bgsmith
30 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 06, 2014 14:52 |  #7

lensrental.com is very easy to deal with.

jjackflash
"I MISSED THE STRIPPERS"
624 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 07, 2014 15:49 |  #8

mention to lensrental that you are a POTN member.....there was a discount

http://jjackflash.zenf​olio.com/ (external link)

gmm213
THREAD ­ STARTER
I know some really nice clowns
783 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Dec 07, 2014 17:21 |  #9

I'll have to do that sweet. I'm still debating rather go for a t4i or bite the bullet and drop the cash on a 70d. Both used. This will be a way to figure it out

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
Mayhem # 3789333 (external link)

sponsored links

1,203 views & 0 likes for this thread
Renting Camera Equipment Online
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.