Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 24 Nov 2014 (Monday) 23:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge #512 - my personal treasures

teekay
Goldmember
3,037 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Dec 11, 2014 11:14 |  #16

Like others, I have really enjoyed these challenges and so please, Rafael, as a moderator and last winner before the introduction of AMASS, would you start a new challenge ASAP so we can get back to posting photos?

sponsored links
Spoco57
343 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Mar 2013

Dec 11, 2014 12:35 |  #17

teekay wrote in post #17326524 (external link)
Like others, I have really enjoyed these challenges and so please, Rafael, as a moderator and last winner before the introduction of AMASS, would you start a new challenge ASAP so we can get back to posting photos?

What he said!^

rpolitsr
THREAD ­ STARTER
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005
Post edited over 5 years ago by rpolitsr.

Dec 11, 2014 13:39 |  #18

teekay wrote in post #17326524 (external link)
... ... Rafael, as a moderator and last winner before the introduction of AMASS, would you start a new challenge ASAP so we can get back to posting photos?

Spoco57 wrote in post #17326651 (external link)
What he said!^

OK, I will start a new challenge then. Just a few remarks:

• post in this thread to confirm that you are thinking in a challenge that will close on Monday Dec 15. I can start it in a few hours, but there are only Friday, Saturday and Sunday to post.
  • The next challenges will close on Dec 22 and Dec 29 respectively, so we must agree to do our best effort to keep the challenges running through the world wide Holidays.
  • We will maintain all the rules except one:
    Photo Title in the message subject line
    The posts in the new POTN design do not have the subject line, so put your
    Photo Title in the first line of the message text, above the image. Not a big change. Do not forget the camera model.

Good luck to all (including me :))

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

OhLook
Spiderwoman
19,084 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 11, 2014 14:03 |  #19

rpolitsr wrote in post #17326778 (external link)
  • post in this thread to confirm that you are thinking in a challenge that will close on Monday Dec 15. I can start it in a few hours, but there are only Friday, Saturday and Sunday to post.
  • I wish I could confirm this as you ask, but we're having a severe storm. My electricity was out for three hours this morning, and I couldn't reach the Internet at all. It might happen again. In this weather, I don't take the camera outdoors. The light indoors is poor. A theme would have to allow enough interpretation that I could use an old shot or a new bad one. So all I can do is say "Maybe, it depends."

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

rpolitsr
    THREAD ­ STARTER
    5,977 posts
    Joined Jun 2005
    Post edited over 5 years ago by rpolitsr.

Dec 11, 2014 15:03 |  #20

Perhaps I was not clear: I'm not asking for a confirmation of personal participation in the next challenge.
    I'm asking for a confirmation to see if the general idea of starting a new challenge in a few hours and setting the deadline to Dec 15 is a good idea or not.

rafael
    Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.

OhLook
    Spiderwoman
    19,084 posts
    Gallery: 74 photos
    Best ofs: 2
    Joined Dec 2012

Dec 11, 2014 16:08 |  #21

rpolitsr wrote in post #17326945 (external link)
    Perhaps I was not clear: I'm not asking for a confirmation of personal participation in the next challenge.
    I'm asking for a confirmation to see if the general idea of starting a new challenge in a few hours and setting the deadline to Dec 15 is a good idea or not.

Oh. In that case, I think giving a week and a half to participate is easier on participants, and maybe on the judge, than giving half a week. Then the next deadline would be Dec. 22.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

rpolitsr
    THREAD ­ STARTER
    5,977 posts
    Joined Jun 2005

Dec 11, 2014 16:25 |  #22

Fine then, I hope to find some other opinions posted to set the deadline either to Dec 15 or Dec 22. I will be away from my computer 3 or four hours. Form the opinions found on my return, we will have the closure date set.
    Thanks for posting.

rafael

teekay
    Goldmember
    3,037 posts
    Joined Apr 2001

Dec 11, 2014 18:10 |  #23

rpolitsr wrote in post #17327090 (external link)
    Fine then, I hope to find some other opinions posted to set the deadline either to Dec 15 or Dec 22. ....

Deadline Dec 22 please as some potential participants may have given up checking daily for a new challenge.

And thanks, Rafael!:-)

JimAskew
    Cream of the Crop
    7,447 posts
    Gallery: 3 photos
    Joined Aug 2005

Dec 14, 2014 07:34 as a reply to  @ teekay's post |  #24

22 December for me as well ߑ

Jim -- I keep the Leica D-Lux 7 in the Glove Box just in case!
    7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L, Leica D-Lux 7

rpolitsr
    THREAD ­ STARTER
    5,977 posts
    Joined Jun 2005

Dec 14, 2014 12:33 |  #25

Challenge #513 - December around you

is already OPEN for submissions and will close on 22 December 2014 as requested.

Thanks for your input.

rafael

sponsored links

5,419 views & 0 likes for this thread
    POTN G-series Speed Challenge #512 - my personal treasures
    FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
    AAA
    y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
    Register to forums
    Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
    Privacy policy and cookie usage info.