I've been working hard to get you AMASS 1.1 which addresses most concerns and wishes from feedback.
There is still work to do, but I want to share openly the progress information, so that you know where we are going. It should not be a surprise to anyone when the update happends (in some days, most likely)
The main issues have been the top navigation inconsistency (flowing) and centric design, FYEO messynes, missing "mark forums read", follow thread automation etc.
Here is a list of things that are already done and coded (in dev version, no here yet).
- Top part of AMASS is redone. Page elements are moved and fonts changes. It is better for large screens and small screens. Responsive menus. (meaning: a facelift). See https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php?t=1413467
- There will be no option to choose if you want to go directly to followed thread or new posts: New & Followed will be separated into two individual menu items, one is for the logged members (Followed & Own) and other is for all: New posts.
- Post editor: Moved SUBMIT and CANCEL to the right.
- All command buttons are enlarged slightly and spread apart a little more.
- Light box glasses are visible regardless of images size: if image is smaller than the window a small + is inserted to denote this.
- Reduced preview draft saving "shake".
- AMASS does not add source link to copied text if text is less than 300 characters long.
- Altered dynamic scaling so that default margins get narrower on smaller devices, also avatars scale down a lot more on e.g. iPad vertical.
- Some color changes to white scheme, more definition, easier to eyes in bright (and large) screens. The color differences a subtle, but are a very noticeable improvement on bright tablets and large screens. I will try to make a satisfactory white scheme before putting time to other color schemes.
- Removed thread start date info as excessive from thread pages. It is easy to get the first page and see it there. I might add later a warning if one tries to reply a thread that is very old (and offer to search similar threads). That space is now reused for thread commands.
- Renamed LIST NEARBY THREADS to PREV/NEXT and moved it to a better location where it stays in the same place regardless of content, with other thread related commands.
- Added SEARCH THREAD command for searching in current thread. It opens a box for you for entering the keyword, it is located with other thread related commands.
- Moved FOLLOW THREAD command to a better location where it stays in the same place regardless of content, with other thread related commands.
- [MORE/REPORT/SHARE] is "reduced": MORE changed to MORE INFO, and SHARE is removed (as there is no share yet), and the format is made wrappable in small screens.
- Post permalink (#123) put to top right corner of a post. That is the old style and so be it
- Shortened page description texts.
- Registration page is complete, will open registration soon (EDIT: registration is open).
- Member verification page has a "resend verification mail" command. (EDIT: on this version, too)
- Multiquotes are added to post automatically, and only if there is no previous draft found. If you reply to a post with the "QUOTE" command, that quote is inserted after the multiquotes.
- Fixed a bug where image colorspace and gamma was altered on uploaded images in some cases.
- Fixed a bug in import subscriptions page where you were not shown all areas to choose from. Better see that page again for more threads to import (sorry)!
- Thread search result list shows now reply counts.
- Fixed several smaller bugs.
- Only lens and camera will be required for adding the photo to gallery. The rest will be optional.
- Metadata editor tweaked a little to make it simpler and clearer.
- Added "disable animations" setting
- Added "hide side galleries" setting
- "Short view" will be the default entry mode in index page. It has sans-serif headers. "Full view" will have script font headers (I like them), and a revised "old POTN" style look
- pagination: page reload command: reloads the page without extra URL parameters
- forum thread listing: thread information boxes are colored for easy quick look
- forum thread listings: unread and read are clearly distinguished. Visited link color suppressed as "confusing".
- index page: you may collapse areas
- index page: action commands (filter, rearrange) on top.
- FYEO (User CP) is now in control panel format, one command/feature per page.
- Forum index page thread listings have "old POTN" look which is familiar and easy for the eyes.
- MARK FORUM(S) READ. This command marks all the posts (up to the moment you hit the button) read, sets vanilla read marking for all threads in that forum as read, clears current notifications for that forum and marks all unseen posts seen with followed threads.
I've almost competed the password recovery page. FYEO will have a password change tool.
Automatically following thread will be added with a setting in FYEO (default: no).
Finally I'm adding the requested gear (no tripod category yet, that is 1.2) and gear images.
After 1.1. I'll concentrate getting the PM email notifications(even simple ones) coded. And to add that camera support gear category.
Other small things will be tweaked later, post timestamp and like (I like where they are now, though) and such.