Challenge #513 - December around you
Comments in the order of appearance:
- teekay – G15 – Preparing To Open, Dec 12, 2014
The broom and cleaning work are great to transmit the idea of preparation, the ornaments and decoration put us in the Christmas season, the balance between indoor and outdoor light is perfect and the overall warm colors of the store are the final touch for a beautiful photography.
- HWolf – G12 – No wise men around here, how about three mushrooms?
A nice picture of the old trunk, the green top and the mushrooms. I can barely trace the title of your photo to some old traditions in the northeast of Europe that associate pine trees with mushrooms, red mushrooms I mean (amanita muscaria) so, I would like to ask you why some people can associate mushrooms with December and the celebrations of those days. Welcome to POTN and the G-series challenges.
- Car – G7 – Christmas Fun
The beautiful smile and the happiness of the little girl make this a wonderful photo, and the warm colors, the composition and the dark background contribute to make it even better.
- JimAskew – G10 - Christmas at Arlington National Cemetery
An interesting perspective of the cemetery. Those wreaths in red and green tell us about the approaching Christmas even among the solemnity of the rows of white tombstones.
- Trumper – G1X MK II – Wise old tree seen everything
While I was seeing your old tree I thought that somebody carved the representation of a moai (http://robinsonesurbanos.org/files/images/Moai_1.jpg) of Rapa Nui (the Easter Island). It is a very interesting subject with eye catching colors that certainly speaks of December, Santa and Christmas. Very nice capture.
As always, the winners were chosen from my personal preferences. Thanks to all for your participation.
- Car - first – G7 – Christmas Fun
- teekay - second – G15 – Preparing To Open, Dec 12, 2014
- Trumper - thirth – G1X MK II – Wise old tree seen everything
Car, you are the host and judge of challenge #514. Congratulations, and good luck!
Previous challenge have had no entries, no winners, no host for this one, so I'm still here, in the second attempt.
description of the theme:
Let's keep it wide open. For most of us, Christmas and its influence dominates December. Traditional ornaments, home decoration, shopping, gifts, are part of our perception of this month. In some places, where we can see the countryside or the mountains beyond the streets of our town, landscapes can be part of December too. And songs, carols, people.
The main point is: Choose your subject in a way that we can say that the picture was shot in December as soon as we see it.
For this challenge only we are expanding the window for posting until December 22. Do not wait until the last day, let us enjoy your picture as long as possible.
If you need some help with the new software, do not post in this thread, use the previous challenge thread, or click my avatar in this post (the image, not the name) and click the button labeled 'Send PM'. I will try to help.
To submit, click the button labeled 'POST TO THREAD' and put your Photo Title in the first line of the post, above your photo. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 22 December 2014.
- Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9, G10, G11, G12, G15, G16, G1X, G1X Mark II, G7 X and Pro1 only.
- Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
- Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
- Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
- Posting --
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Photo Title in the first line of the post, above your photo
- Camera model.
- EXIF data, if you like.
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
- Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature
on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging"
(about a third of the way down the page).
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.