Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 19 Dec 2014 (Friday) 11:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Remote shutter release for Canon XTi

firme
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 19, 2014 11:55 |  #1

Hello all,

I am looking for a remote shutter release for my canon xti. I looked here in this forum but did not see any threads for this camera. If anyone has seen one for the xti can you please refer me the link? I do not want to start a new one if there is one out there already.

This is what I found for the moment. Open to suggestions. Thank you in advanced.

http://www.adorama.com​/BOWRCLC1R.html (external link)

sponsored links
wheeble
89 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 19, 2014 12:35 |  #2

here is the cheapest option for your camera. http://www.meritline.c​om …utter-snap---p-39240.aspx (external link)

I have a couple of these, they work well.

firme
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 19, 2014 13:16 as a reply to  @ wheeble's post |  #3

That is cheap. Thank you very much for the link.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,258 posts
Joined May 2003

Dec 19, 2014 16:03 as a reply to  @ wheeble's post |  #4

The device in the link is IR (infrared). In my experience they aren't worth much because they only work reliably from the front of the camera. Google Satechi and get something using short range radio. They are much more reliable and versatile. I set up my camera on a tripod 10 feet from a bird feeder and trip the shutter from 100 feet away. From a warm room I might add! :)

firme
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 19, 2014 17:04 |  #5

I originally wanted the wired shutter release when I'm behind the camera. Although it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a wireless shutter release.

Thanks John for that information. I did look up Satechi and went to their site. What I notice is that if I wouldn't be able to add a speedlite or pocket wizard like this one: http://www.ebay.com …motes&hash=item​54109193fb (external link).

Mike ­ Deep
Goldmember
1,901 posts
Gallery: 90 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 19, 2014 19:00 |  #6

Put "canon timer remote" into eBay or Amazon and you'll get a bunch of results, they're all pretty much the same item under different branding. As long as it has a 2.5mm stereo plug, it will work with the Rebels.

mikedeep.com (external link) - rocket launch photography

NU27D
464 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited over 4 years ago by NU27D.

Dec 22, 2014 23:16 |  #7

http://www.amazon.com …ase-Digital/dp/B005LT2ENG (external link)

You can find them a couple of bucks cheaper on ebay if you don't mind a wait.

Mark-B
Goldmember
2,248 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by Mark-B.

Dec 24, 2014 10:58 |  #8

If all you need is a manual remote trigger with no timer or other features, then get a set of Yongnuo 603 II flash triggers (external link). They are only $30, they can be used as a camera trigger, and they can be used as a flash trigger. Great value for the money. You can add additional sets to trigger multiple cameras and flashes at the same time.

I have the Yongnuo triggers and I also have a Vello Shutterboss which appears to be identical to the trigger you linked in your original post. I use the wired trigger for the timer and intervalometer features, but use the wireless for everything else.

Mark-B
msbphoto.comexternal link

sponsored links

1,743 views & 0 likes for this thread
Remote shutter release for Canon XTi
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.