Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 20 Dec 2014 (Saturday) 06:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zack Arias thoughts on all the X models

bent ­ toe
Goldmember
1,951 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 20, 2014 06:03 |  #1

http://dedpxl.com …ers-guide-part-1-cameras/ (external link)

A very good read from a man that has good insight about the X series and fujifilm in general.

"High life on low budget"
bent photos (external link)Portfoliobox (external link)
X-Pro1 XF 35 f/1.4

sponsored links
Copidosoma
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 20, 2014 11:23 |  #2

I love Zack. His review of the X100s (A camera walks into a bar...) was probably the thing that tipped me over the edge and forced me to buy an X100s. His subsequent commentary and reviews have been spot on.

It is obvious that he loves Fuji (for good reason) but he isn't just a fanboy. He definitely walks the walk.

Great article. Thanks for posting.

Gear: 7DII | 6D | Fuji X100s |Sigma 24A, 50A, 150-600C |24-105L |Samyang 14 2.8|Tamron 90mm f2.8 |and some other stuff
http://www.shutterstoc​k.com/g/copidosoma (external link)
https://500px.com/chri​s_kolaczan (external link)

modestglock26
293 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2014

Dec 20, 2014 13:19 |  #3

Enjoyed this! Thanks!

Loving my new to me x100s and after my shoot yesterday, loving it even more. Skin tones and IQ is just great for my needs.

Sony A7ii and a Ricoh GR II with just about no skill

seres
580 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Dec 20, 2014 13:23 |  #4

Zack puts out some good work, especially his reviews of the X system. Thanks for posting!

—Eric

mfunnell
375 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Dec 20, 2014 17:43 |  #5

bent toe wrote in post #17342595 (external link)

A very good read from a man that has good insight about the X series and fujifilm in general.

It does seem a good write-up and seems both sensible and well-informed (as is his follow-up post on XF lenses). His memory did fail him on one point, though: while the X-Pro1 did come out rather early in the piece, it does have an X Trans sensor array. But these days (now that demosaicing algorithms for most software copes just fine) that's really a minor point.

One thing that he doesn't emphasise is how addictive these cameras are. I stumbled rather accidently into the Fuji world but somehow can't seem to get rid of mine. I was supposed to sell an X-Pro1 for a friend but seem unable let go of it. I've even found a niche for it and seem to be using it. I'd looked at the Fujifilm offerings around the time of the original X-100 and the X-Pro1 and decided they weren't for me. But the enhancements Fujifilm has made and keeps making (!) by way of firmware have considerably improved them to the point I suspect I'll be "stuck" with mine for a good long time.

...Mike

Some digital cameras, some film cameras, some lenses & other kit.
Day-to-day photos on flickr (external link), some older stuff at dA (external link).

StarJack
606 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 22, 2014 00:17 |  #6

bent toe wrote in post #17342595 (external link)

I enjoyed the read, thanks for posting that.

Regards,
Steve

StayFrosty
407 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Dec 24, 2014 00:34 |  #7

Both that and the follow up article on lenses were really interesting reads, thanks for posting.

flickr (external link) Vimeo (external link)

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,899 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Jan 11, 2015 02:19 |  #8

I like Zack, I think he is one of the most honest people on the net. He's straight up and honest about what photography is and what gear is.

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

sponsored links

2,637 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zack Arias thoughts on all the X models
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.