Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 19:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bugs in AMASS

this thread is locked
ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,430 posts
Gallery: 450 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 15, 2014 06:36 |  #256

Well I don't think my bugs are on my end. I'm on my work computer and I still have no notifications in the purple box. :(

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

sponsored links
Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Dec 15, 2014 07:04 |  #257

ptcanon3ti wrote in post #17333396 (external link)
Well I don't think my bugs are on my end. I'm on my work computer and I still have no notifications in the purple box. :(

The notifications won't appear there if you load the page which contain the new replies. Maybe that is why do not see them.

I'd rather not guess why you don't see them but you can obviously post ( javascript works). If you could do what I ask in post https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17331306 that would get us closer to finding the reason.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

Bcaps
I was a little buzzed when I took this
904 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Best ofs: 16
Joined Jun 2003

Dec 16, 2014 16:45 |  #258

Probably not really a bug per se, but ignored users photos show in the "Added to forum gallery" along the left side and also in the activity tracker.

- Dave | flickr (external link)
Nikon D810
14-24mm f/2.8 | 16-35mm F/4 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/4 | Sigma 150-600mm

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,640 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 16, 2014 17:46 |  #259

the flying moose wrote in post #17332566 (external link)
I use only Safari on my iMac. I simply cannot get POTN readable on Firefox and I dislike Chrome. It is unreadable on my phone and tablet and I have well explained the issues using Firefox on the desktop.

Search will work roughly 50% of the time. Sometimes it will take me directly to a search. Other times clicking search will simply refresh the page.

It shows /1_0_2_gold/AMASS_styl​es_dimmer.css on the page source.

I did the steps and AJAX_Collection shows up under "resources" but does not show up at all under the "Network" tab.

I do get the following warning every time I reload a POTN page.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by the flying moose in
./showthread.php?p=173​32566&i=i172769428
forum: AMASS Forum Software Talk

I will also get the following error when reloading a POTN page.

Anything further on this?? I would like to start enjoying this site again.

jocau
Goldmember
1,838 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 18, 2014 17:05 |  #260

The font size of posts increases while browsing the forum in landscape mode, switching to portrait mode and then back to landscape mode (tested in Chrome and Mercury on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.2). A reload of the page fixes the problem.

Steps to reproduce:

• Hold the device in landscape mode (iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2).
  • Launch the latest Chrome or Mercury app.
  • Browse to the POTN forum.
  • Open any thread and observe the font size of the posts.
  • Rotate the device so it switches to portrait mode.
  • Rotate the device another time so it switches back to landscape mode.
  • Notice that the font size of the posts has increased now.
  • Also notice that a reload of the page fixes the problem with the font size.

550D | EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS | EF 50mm F/1.8 II | EF 70-200mm F/4L IS | Speedlite 580EX II | LumoPro LP180 | Gitzo GT3541XLS | Arca-Swiss Monoball Z1 SP | ONA Bowery (black, non-leather) (external link)

OhLook
you get what you get
19,277 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 21, 2014 22:59 |  #261

This may be a bug or a deliberate part of the design. Another member and I "liked" the same post at almost the same time. (The post had no Likes before I gave it one.) The RTAT then showed only the other person's Like, not mine, although both Likes were recorded on the post.

Similarly, when a post of mine gets two Likes, only the second one shows up in "What else goes on" on my home page.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Dec 22, 2014 02:50 |  #262

OhLook wrote in post #17345292 (external link)
This may be a bug or a deliberate part of the design. Another member and I "liked" the same post at almost the same time. (The post had no Likes before I gave it one.) The RTAT then showed only the other person's Like, not mine, although both Likes were recorded on the post.

Similarly, when a post of mine gets two Likes, only the second one shows up in "What else goes on" on my home page.

As designed, to "advertise" unique posts instead of same one filling the lists.

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Dec 22, 2014 02:51 |  #263

jocau wrote in post #17340325 (external link)
The font size of posts increases while browsing the forum in landscape mode, switching to portrait mode and then back to landscape mode (tested in Chrome and Mercury on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.2). A reload of the page fixes the problem.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Hold the device in landscape mode (iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2).
  • Launch the latest Chrome or Mercury app.
  • Browse to the POTN forum.
  • Open any thread and observe the font size of the posts.
  • Rotate the device so it switches to portrait mode.
  • Rotate the device another time so it switches back to landscape mode.
  • Notice that the font size of the posts has increased now.
  • Also notice that a reload of the page fixes the problem with the font size.

This should be fixed now.

jocau
Goldmember
1,838 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 22, 2014 08:42 |  #264

Pekka wrote in post #17345453 (external link)
This should be fixed now.

Fix confirmed for both the latest Chrome and Mercury browsers (tested on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.2).

Thanks! :-)

550D | EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS | EF 50mm F/1.8 II | EF 70-200mm F/4L IS | Speedlite 580EX II | LumoPro LP180 | Gitzo GT3541XLS | Arca-Swiss Monoball Z1 SP | ONA Bowery (black, non-leather) (external link)

lar55
277 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 22, 2014 19:40 |  #265

Is anyone else seeing this once in a random while when trying to log in?

OH BUMMER. A LOGIN PROBLEM OCCURRED
Credentials were good but cookie was not saved.

Followed by a list of suggestions which do not apply to me. If I just go back and log in again, I'm in. After that, I have 2 cookies (those long coded name ones which I assume are for authentication).

This is not at all a serious problem - it only happened a few times and I just go back and try again and it works. I just wanted to point it out in case it is more widespread.

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,640 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 22, 2014 22:28 |  #266

Another issue I have ran into.

On Safari I went to import my old subscriptions. I clicked "select all" and hit "Import Selected to AMASS: Followed Threads".

The screen went white and I got this warning "chrome://wrc/content/​common/libs/jquery-1.5.2.js:394". I closed Safari and opened it again and now all my followed threads are gone. The only ones I have are the ones from threads I created. Came home and tried to use POTN on Firefox and it wouldn't work. Kept giving me that same error. Safari is somewhat ok. Clicking on certain things that are supposed to be actions will simply refresh the page.

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Dec 23, 2014 03:13 |  #267

the flying moose wrote in post #17346958 (external link)
Another issue I have ran into.

On Safari I went to import my old subscriptions. I clicked "select all" and hit "Import Selected to AMASS: Followed Threads".

The screen went white and I got this warning "chrome://wrc/content/​common/libs/jquery-1.5.2.js:394". I closed Safari and opened it again and now all my followed threads are gone. The only ones I have are the ones from threads I created. Came home and tried to use POTN on Firefox and it wouldn't work. Kept giving me that same error. Safari is somewhat ok. Clicking on certain things that are supposed to be actions will simply refresh the page.

POTN does not serve "jquery-1.5.2.js". It is your AVAST security extension which is seriously messed up.

Check the last post in https://forum.avast.co​m/index.php?topic=1428​48.0 (external link)

Else, uninstall your AVAST and all your problems may go away.

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,640 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Post edited over 5 years ago by the flying moose.

Dec 23, 2014 05:08 |  #268

Pekka wrote in post #17347113 (external link)
POTN does not serve "jquery-1.5.2.js". It is your AVAST security extension which is seriously messed up.

Check the last post in https://forum.avast.co​m/index.php?topic=1428​48.0 (external link)

Else, uninstall your AVAST and all your problems may go away.

Could it be something else? My mom's computer (where I first saw the issue) does not have Avast on it and unless someone added it to my computer with out me knowing, I don't have it either.

EDIT: Double checked this morning on my computer. There is no AVAST software at all on this computer.

Lester ­ Wareham
28,297 posts
Gallery: 3246 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2005
Post edited over 5 years ago by Lester Wareham with reason 'iphone brain jam'.

Dec 23, 2014 05:26 |  #269

Not sure if this is a bug or user error, I have seen forum smiles rendered as a link it seems, observed this a few times.

Not a biggy but just logging it.

An example https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17346114

My Photography Home Page (external link) RSS Feed (external link)
Gear List
FAQ on UV and Clear Protective Filters
Macrophotography by LordV

Nogo
POTN record for # of posts during "Permanent Ban"
7,975 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Dec 23, 2014 10:09 |  #270

Lester Wareham wrote in post #17347155 (external link)
Not sure if this is a bug or forum error, I have seen forum smilies rendered as a link it seems, observed this a few times.

Not a biggy but just logging it.

An example https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17346114

That example is more than likely a hard to avoid user error. I as a user both on other forums and on this one will add a space before and after a smiley to avoid this. Also, if that happens I will go back and correct it after I post the message.

Not everyone does that every time. I don't always do it on some other forums, but usually only because on some other forums it is hard to edit from an iPhone in mobile version. Others may not fix such mistakes either because they simply don't catch it or they don't know how to fix it.

The mistake in that sample is simply the http in the address is run together with the word Path. Probably happened due to the user erasing something when text editing and just simply erased a space that should not have been erased. Most likely not a system error.

Philip

sponsored links

50,551 views & 16 likes for this thread
Bugs in AMASS
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.