Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 21 Dec 2014 (Sunday) 13:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Facebook new rulez they can do what they want with your photo

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,231 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by Wilt. (2 edits in all)

Dec 22, 2014 20:53 |  #16

Jon wrote in post #17346597 (external link)
May I point out the bold red (emphasis added) text below, which you agreed to? Looks like what FaceBook is saying, doesn't it?

Oh no, I have inadvertantly agreed to let Pekka sell every picture that I ever posted on POTN, he may use my photos for advertisement and POTN doesn't have to pay me for it. And POTN may edit it, and remove my watermark or logo ?!

Mooooooommmmyyyyyyy...​....!

:rolleyes:  :p

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

sponsored links
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
29,076 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 22, 2014 20:56 |  #17

Its hard to discuss legal fine points with someone who uses the word rulez. You don't start with much credibility.

Mozes
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,718 posts
Gallery: 479 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Nov 2012

Dec 23, 2014 04:42 |  #18

Oké it is what it is.
Its not going any-more about what the question was, but about me.

i just want to point ad something we all must think off, that's all and nothing more.
Its not what people read, but what they think they read. and that is going both ways.

*Nikon D3s * Nikon D7100 * 18-105mm kitlens * Tamron AF SP 90 mm f/2.8 VC USD Macro * Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD * Nikkor 200-400 F4 G ED VR * SB600 *
Sportplaatje (external link) I flickriver (external link)

Charles ­ Brown
153 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 23, 2014 08:10 |  #19

Some of the respondents to this thread were unnecessarily cruel to the OP.

Did it occur to anyone that English might be the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language of the OP, who is from Holland, where Dutch and many other languages are spoken?

Thank you Mozes for the heads up about Facebook's upcoming policy changes that are to take effect in January 2015. I don't have a Facebook account, for many of the policy reasons you allude to, but businesses use my images (which they pay me for) on their FB accounts.

I will take a closer look at the upcoming policy changes, but the sad thing is, I am not qualified to draw any legal conclusions from them that would help me control the use of my work or privacy. My layman's conclusion is one of despair, at the disparity of power that the hosts and enablers of our connectivity have over what we share, and we must either agree to give it to them under their terms, or cease to be connected.

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Dec 24, 2014 05:54 |  #20

Charles Brown wrote in post #17347284 (external link)

This.

But I don't interpret it so much as cruelty. I think it falls more into the category of arrogance.

Website (external link) |

moose10101
registered smartass
1,623 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined May 2010
Post edited over 4 years ago by moose10101.

Dec 24, 2014 08:31 |  #21

Charles Brown wrote in post #17347284 (external link)

Did it occur to anyone that English might be the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language of the OP, who is from Holland, where Dutch and many other languages are spoken?

Picture North Carolina wrote in post #17348755 (external link)
This.

But I don't interpret it so much as cruelty. I think it falls more into the category of arrogance.

The terms that the OP read were written in Dutch (he stated that he provided a translation for us), so I don't see where native language matters. And despite having the meaning explained to him, and having an example provided from the terms of THIS site, the OP insists he's right. Sorry, I don't see any cruelty, and any arrogance was coming from the OP, not the responders.

vk2gwk
Cream of the Crop
12,540 posts
Gallery: 238 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 06, 2015 23:57 |  #22

FYI: This topic was revived in a new thread: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17419612

My name is Henk. and I believe "It is all in the eye of the beholder....."
Image Editing is allowed. Please explain what you did!
5D MkIV 5DMkIII, 50D, 24-105/1:4L IS USM + 100-400/4-5.6L IS USM + 50mm 1.4 USM + Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 VC + Sigma 150-600mm Sports + 580EXII + 430EX + YN568EXII, triggers, reflectors, umbrellas and some more bits and pieces...
Photos on: Flickr! (external link) and on my own web site. (external link)

sponsored links

4,579 views & 7 likes for this thread
Facebook new rulez they can do what they want with your photo
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.