Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 24 Dec 2014 (Wednesday) 09:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Rebates

SHIF.ski
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Dec 24, 2014 09:36 |  #1

Several months ago I purchased an EOS 6D body and 24-70 f/4 lens, eligible for a $450 total rebate. Filled out the rebate form, cut the UPC codes from the boxes, and sent it in. I have not received anything from Canon USA and I'm curious; does the American Express Reward Card arrive in an envelope from American Express or from Canon USA? I fear it may have arrived weeks ago in an American Express envelope in which case it was promptly tossed into the garbage. I receive so many credit card offers that it must have been mistaken for just another piece of junk mail. If this is the case, can it be reissued?

-S

6D / 16-35 f/4L / 24-70 f/4L / 70-300L / 85 / 135L

sponsored links
jaenagle
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Dec 2014

Dec 24, 2014 09:48 |  #2

i believe it comes in an envelope from ABC promotions....

https://www.acbpromoti​ons.com/canonrebates/ (external link)

check to see if it has been sent out.

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
55,872 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 24, 2014 10:05 |  #3

Not sure how Canon handles their rebates, but I recently bought tires with a American Express Reward Card rebate and it came from AmEx.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 24, 2014 10:09 |  #4

SHIF.ski wrote in post #17348991 (external link)
Several months ago I purchased an EOS 6D body and 24-70 f/4 lens, eligible for a $450 total rebate. Filled out the rebate form, cut the UPC codes from the boxes, and sent it in. I have not received anything from Canon USA and I'm curious; does the American Express Reward Card arrive in an envelope from American Express or from Canon USA? I fear it may have arrived weeks ago in an American Express envelope in which case it was promptly tossed into the garbage. I receive so many credit card offers that it must have been mistaken for just another piece of junk mail. If this is the case, can it be reissued?

-S

I'd suggest calling Canon's rebate processor, ACB Promotions. They are very responsive by phone, and open today. 866-668-9861

They probably deal with their rebate cards being lost/stolen in the mail all the time, so they probably have a process to make you whole.

SHIF.ski
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Dec 24, 2014 10:27 |  #5

Sure enough the rebate was mailed on October 22.
I sent them an email describing the situation and asking for a reissue. I think a phone call will also be a good idea.
Thanks everyone for your prompt replies.

-S

6D / 16-35 f/4L / 24-70 f/4L / 70-300L / 85 / 135L

trant6
50 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 24, 2014 18:12 |  #6

I received a Canon AMEX rebate card for a lens recently and it came in a plain non-descript envelop. Similar to how new credit cards are sent.

Intheswamp
Goldmember
1,436 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2013

Dec 31, 2014 19:59 |  #7

I received my two rebate cards from the recent Canon 6D bundle deal at Adorama yesterday. If I recall correctly, the sender, as noted on the outside of the envelope, was "Customer Service".

Ed

www.beeweather.com (external link)

stronics
83 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Jan 07, 2015 17:37 |  #8

Holy crap, tell me it ain't so. I sure hope that isn't the case.

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 07, 2015 20:05 |  #9

I'm bummed. I'm having problems for the first time with receiving my rebate. I bought a 16-35 f/4 a few weeks back and promptly sent in my paperwork. I'm very thorough in checking my paperwork to ensure everything is filled out correctly and I always make copies of everything, to include the envelope its sent in, and I even take pictures of the UPC being cut out from the box.

I received an email from the rebate center saying that my rebate submission was received and it was missing the UPC and the purchase receipt. (Which is not true, both were included in my rebate submission and I have the copies and pictures to prove it.)

I immediately called and was very polite in explaining my situation and that I could email a copy of my documentation or I could physically mail it in if they preferred. The guy on the other end said I could mail everything again, but without the physical UPC still attached to the cardboard, they could not process my rebate. He said they will not accept a copy or a picture of it cut out from the box. I asked to speak to his supervisor and they said one will call me back. That was 9 hours ago and I'm still waiting on that phone call.

I'm pretty certain this will be worked out, but it's annoying and somewhat alarming that they are claiming that they won't accept it. The good news is that I covered myself on many levels and I won't back down until it is resolved.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Bryan

My Gear List

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 07, 2015 20:08 |  #10

bps wrote in post #17371481 (external link)
I'm bummed. I'm having problems for the first time with receiving my rebate. I bought a 16-35 f/4 a few weeks back and promptly sent in my paperwork. I'm very thorough in checking my paperwork to ensure everything is filled out correctly and I always make copies of everything, to include the envelope its sent in, and I even take pictures of the UPC being cut out from the box.

I received an email from the rebate center saying that my rebate submission was received and it was missing the UPC and the purchase receipt. (Which is not true, both were included in my rebate submission and I have the copies and pictures to prove it.)

I immediately called and was very polite in explaining my situation and that I could email a copy of my documentation or I could physically mail it in if they preferred. The guy on the other end said I could mail everything again, but without the physical UPC still attached to the cardboard, they could not process my rebate. He said they will not accept a copy or a picture of it cut out from the box. I asked to speak to his supervisor and they said one will call me back. That was 9 hours ago and I'm still waiting on that phone call.

I'm pretty certain this will be worked out, but it's annoying and somewhat alarming that they are claiming that they won't accept it. The good news is that I covered myself on many levels and I won't back down until it is resolved.

Bryan

Sorry to hear about the hiccup, Bryan. Hopefully this gets resolved. They *have* accepted copies & photos before, after USPS errors or processing errors. Sounds like this agent doesn't know what he's talking about. Keep us updated!

Luxx
478 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 07, 2015 21:17 |  #11

Good luck with your rebates.

I just got my rebates…sent them in the first week of december. I know that I argued that this meant the equipment would be cheaper and was therefore able to justify the purchase to my wife. (that and the old…I need this lens to take pictures of the christmas pageant because the light in the church is so dim)…however, in my head the $400 in rebates were going to go to more equipment. That and when I sold the equipment the new stuff was replacing I would have about $900 and I had my eye on a used 85 1.2 and I could get it for about that price. However, the rebates arrived and they were swooped up and spent before I even knew they existed. The best laid plans

Chief_10Beers
Didn't get his vaccinations . . .
487 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Post edited over 5 years ago by Chief_10Beers. (3 edits in all)

Jan 08, 2015 18:41 |  #12

Makes me wonder wtf is going on, last week I submitted two rebates with the UPC bar code taped to the forms and I received the following in my e-mail tonight:

"Thank you for your recent online pre-submission request for a Canon product rebate. The request number is 1179441.

Your rebate request will not be processed until the required supporting documentation is submitted.

Required supporting documentation is:

Original white Proof of Purchase 12 Digit Bar code cut from the qualifying product box, leaving a hole in the box. We must receive the Proof of Purchase with cardboard intact. Do not peel off Proof of Purchase sticker.

A legible copy of the sales receipt showing purchase of qualifying product with the date of purchase and the purchase price circled, and the name of the participating authorized Canon dealer clearly legible. For combination offers, all purchases must be on the same receipt.

Copy of the claim pre-submission confirmation page.

Please note that your backup must be received by 03/16/2015 in order to qualify for this rebate.

You may track your request status and payment information online by going to http://rebates.usa.can​on.com (external link) and using the Rebate Lookup tool.

For further assistance please email us at canonrebates@acbcoop.c​om or call (866) 668-9861.

Thank you for using the Canon Online Rebate System."

If they received the forms, how did they not received the UPC tags? They were taped to the friggin forms!

This just jerks my jawsvmadvmadvmadvmad...............

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I am John Galt
TVC15
Gear List

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 08, 2015 18:47 |  #13

Chief_10Beers wrote in post #17373017 (external link)
Makes me wonder wtf is going on, last week I submitted two rebates with the UPC bar code taped to the forms and I received the following:

"Thank you for your recent online pre-submission request for a Canon product rebate. The request number is 1179441.

Your rebate request will not be processed until the required supporting documentation is submitted.

Required supporting documentation is:

Original white Proof of Purchase 12 Digit Bar code cut from the qualifying product box, leaving a hole in the box. We must receive the Proof of Purchase with cardboard intact. Do not peel off Proof of Purchase sticker.

A legible copy of the sales receipt showing purchase of qualifying product with the date of purchase and the purchase price circled, and the name of the participating authorized Canon dealer clearly legible. For combination offers, all purchases must be on the same receipt.

Copy of the claim pre-submission confirmation page.

Please note that your backup must be received by 03/16/2015 in order to qualify for this rebate.

You may track your request status and payment information online by going to http://rebates.usa.can​on.com (external link) and using the Rebate Lookup tool.

For further assistance please email us at canonrebates@acbcoop.c​om or call (866) 668-9861.

Thank you for using the Canon Online Rebate System."

If they received the forms, how did they not received the UPC tags? They were taped to the friggin forms!

This just jerks my jawsvmadvmadvmadvmad...............

This is an automated e-mail from the Canon Rebate center, sent automatically 3 weeks after your pre-submission. It doesn't inform as to the actual status of your rebate submission, as with the current backlog (most people are reporting 3-4 weeks) they probably haven't even opened your submission yet.

Chief_10Beers
Didn't get his vaccinations . . .
487 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 08, 2015 19:04 |  #14

PhotoPrice wrote in post #17373028 (external link)
This is an automated e-mail from the Canon Rebate center, sent automatically 3 weeks after your pre-submission. It doesn't inform as to the actual status of your rebate submission, as with the current backlog (most people are reporting 3-4 weeks) they probably haven't even opened your submission yet.

Oh! ok, makes me feel like a jackwagon:oops: I hope I'm wrong and you're right...............

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I am John Galt
TVC15
Gear List

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 09, 2015 18:15 |  #15

bps wrote in post #17371481 (external link)

Bryan

I just heard back from a supervisor and they accepted and approved my rebate based off the records I had. The previous customer service representative was not informed properly. All is good and I should receive my AmEx card in 3-4 weeks.

This is the first time I've encountered a speed bump when filing a rebate, and I've submitted a lot of them over the years! It just re-enforces the need to make copies and take pictures of the documentation you submit. It's quick and easy to do, and just may prevent you from losing money.

Cheers,
Bryan

My Gear List

sponsored links

8,671 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon Rebates
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.