Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 25 Dec 2014 (Thursday) 14:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Replace 430 EXII & 580 EXII with 2x YONGNUO Flash Speedlite YN600EX-RT ?

CanonYouCan
Goldmember
1,488 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2010
Post edited over 6 years ago by CanonYouCan.

Dec 25, 2014 14:20 |  #1

Just saw the new YONGNUO Flash Speedlite YN600EX-RT is out!
http://www.eachshot.co​m …-canon-600ex-rt/3052.html (external link)

What would be the advantages / disadvantages replacing my 430 EXII & 580 EXII with 2 of them on my Canon 6D ?
Is everything manual ?

Sony A7 III | Metabones V | Canon 16-35 F4 L | Sigma 85 1.4 Art | 70-200 2.8L II
Lighting : Godox AD600B TTL + Godox V860II-S + X1T-S
Modifiers: 60cm Collapsible Silver Beautydish + grid | Godox 120cm Octagon softbox + grid + Speedlite Flash bender
Tripod: Vanguard Alta 253CT carbon

sponsored links
texkam
"Just let me be a stupid photographer."
1,477 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 25, 2014 14:26 |  #2

I love my manual 560IIIs. I have 4.

Phil ­ V
Goldmember
1,977 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 26, 2014 07:42 |  #3

No, everything is available, manual, ETTL, 2nd curtain and HSS, all using wireless radio without additional triggers.

Gear List
website: South Yorkshire Wedding photographer in Doncaster (external link)
Twitter (external link)Facebook (external link)

Trailboy
540 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Post edited over 6 years ago by Trailboy. (2 edits in all)

Dec 26, 2014 08:51 |  #4

They seem to be back in stock at a few dealers on Ebay now.

Benefits include
- having everything built in - no need for extra external triggers and their batteries and you cant forget your triggers!
- having an on camera ttl flash actually in the hot shoe of the camera, while still triggering external flashes.

Disadvantages include:
- rather a closed system, and awkward to add another non Canon RT potocol light - lianggc please develop a dedicated dumb receiver with pc/3.5 output for Canon protocols.

CanonYouCan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,488 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2010
Post edited over 6 years ago by CanonYouCan. (20 edits in all)

Dec 26, 2014 16:16 |  #5

So in general, for me it's interesting to sell my 430 EXII & 580 EXII + my new bought Jongnuo YN-622C-TX + 2x YN-622C triggerset
to get rid of the 2 receivers (and no extra battery's needed without them) + batterylevel meters visible on the Jognuo's + guidance meter 60m further than my 430 & 580 EXII, all advantages. Recycle time is probably also better ?

So there are 2 common possibilities (for those who use 2 flashes maximum) :
-1x Jognuo 600EX-RT ON CAMERA communicates wireless with a second one OFF CAMERA without transmitter (which most of us won't use, a flash on camera :) )
-1x YN-E3-RT transmitter to command 2 Jognuo 600EX-RT 's OFF CAMERA with the possibility to adjust flash power of both flashes on the YN-E3-RT transmitter, right ?

Can something be set up (adjusting flash power for example) also in the Canon 6D menu or isn't it compatible cause these are Jognuo's and no Canon's?
Maybe in future the camera will be able to be the transmitter and no extra transmitter in the hotshoe necessary anymore? :)

Sony A7 III | Metabones V | Canon 16-35 F4 L | Sigma 85 1.4 Art | 70-200 2.8L II
Lighting : Godox AD600B TTL + Godox V860II-S + X1T-S
Modifiers: 60cm Collapsible Silver Beautydish + grid | Godox 120cm Octagon softbox + grid + Speedlite Flash bender
Tripod: Vanguard Alta 253CT carbon

Phil ­ V
Goldmember
1,977 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 27, 2014 00:42 |  #6

CanonYouCan wrote in post #17351744 (external link)
?..
So there are 2 common possibilities (for those who use 2 flashes maximum) :
-1x Jognuo 600EX-RT ON CAMERA communicates wireless with a second one OFF CAMERA without transmitter (which most of us won't use, a flash on camera :) )
-1x YN-E3-RT transmitter to command 2 Jognuo 600EX-RT 's OFF CAMERA with the possibility to adjust flash power of both flashes on the YN-E3-RT transmitter, right ?

Yes, although wedding photographers may like to have an on-camera flash in the mix for first dance.

CanonYouCan wrote in post #17351744 (external link)
Can something be set up (adjusting flash power for example) also in the Canon 6D menu or isn't it compatible cause these are Jognuo's and no Canon's?
Maybe in future the camera will be able to be the transmitter and no extra transmitter in the hotshoe necessary anymore? :)

The 6d menu would work, but it's probably slower than using the 600's menu (I've not used either, but I'm guessing based on previous systems)

Whilst the 6d could possibly have an in-built wireless controller, the 5, 7, or 1 series couldn't because of the metal construction (they can't have wifi either for the same reason). It's entirely possible to do though for the rest of the range.

Gear List
website: South Yorkshire Wedding photographer in Doncaster (external link)
Twitter (external link)Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

2,326 views & 1 like for this thread
Replace 430 EXII & 580 EXII with 2x YONGNUO Flash Speedlite YN600EX-RT ?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.